Attention CG..California Republicans Have Only Themselves to Blame

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
William Bradley: California Republicans Have Only Themselves to Blame

Schwarzenegger, alarmed by the ever rightward slide of his party despite his two landslide elections while running to the center in 2003 and 2006, went to the California Republican Party convention on a Friday night at a luxury resort hotel in Indian Wells. There, he challenged the growing far right orthodoxy and warned Republican activists that they risked making the party irrelevant in California statewide elections unless they recognized that the center of political gravity in the state was much closer to the center than to the far right.

"Our party has lost the middle," Schwarzenegger warned, "and we will not regain true political power in California until we get it back. I am of the Reagan view that we should not go off the cliff with flags flying. I did that in 2005."

The consequences of moving too far right, tisk, tisk.

Why does it need my attention? I don't vote in CA. I don't live in CA.

Another little fail for fail&won'tgo.

The entirety of high office in CA is democrat. Likely whatever elections of the future will be between democrats. CA is going off the cliff. More than 50% of the state is on some kind of public benefits. More than 50% of the state is functionally illiterate and that includes the teachers.

CA has one last hope of recovery. That it's eventually taken over by the Chinese.

Forum List

Back