Attention Atheists: How Was The Earth Created?

Dear god, you're stupid...

Go to a library and learn something... maybe then you'll understand why what you said is so fucking retarded

So ... when Einstein came up with the theory of relativity we should have ignored that because there was never any proof and he was crazy to? A theory based on observation is a valid theory, and there are many, just because you like to ignore them until they are "accepted" doesn't mean they don't exist.

You've never heard of Mathematics?

Damn, you're fucking stupid...

So you admit Einstein was insane ... be honest now, he was considered insane until proven right, even then, his theory is still not proven right, it's been proven incomplete at the very least. ;)

The earth was created by an invisible superbeing in another dimension who was lazy so it took him 6 days, then he needed a 24 hour nap, or maybe he made weed, alcohol and heroin on the sixth day and was totally nodded out. Then he never worked another day in his life.

What I am interested in is seeing some indication that you understand and acknowledge the difference between asking for evidentially supported conclusions, and insisting on absolute proof that can never possibly exist. If you are interested in the former then that is something we can certainly delve into greater detail on. If you only want the latter however you are going to be waiting an eternity. It doesn't exist, it never will, and science has never laid claim to it.
This is just a slight twist on what was written earlier.

I believe God created the Universe yet I have no absolute proof. Guess what? Neither do you!

That's why it's called "faith".

The atheists here still haven't given me any evidence that God didn't create the Universe. The best they can do is:

"Maybe it was like this" to which I can agree, maybe it was like that. But until I have concrete, irrefutable proof otherwise...

Fail.

But don't you see the fallacy in saying that believing in x requires faith and not believing in x requires faith as well? Some penatcostal churches believe that God will protect them if they handle poisonous snakes. They have faith in god's protection. It then seems a bit ridiculous to say that everbody who doesn't believe they can handle poisonous snakes has faith in the absence of god's protection. But it is essentially the same thing.

You are postulating an origin for the universe. And here's the tricky part where the conversation usually breaks down. I don't have a problem with you presenting "god" as the origin of the universe as one among many possibilities. That's a healthy agnosticism. Some may be more or less inclined to agree with that particular hypothesis, but in the grand scheme, it doesn't really matter. Usually, those who want to postulate the "god" origin, want to then go further and ascribe characteristics to that "god" that has nothing to do with the creation of the universe. The creator "god" argument in and of itself does not indicate any characteristics about the inclinations or purpose or character of this "god". And so it is really a pointless exercise because accepting this "god" would no more affect one's life than accepting that colliding branes caused the universe.

And not accepting your hypothesis does not mean I have "faith" in any opposing hypothesis. My level of agnosticism rises in inverse proportionality to the details about a proposed god. So I can say I'm fairly close to a standard agnostic when it comes to this vague deism type god- my only stumbling block is the idea of conciousness in the absence of a physical brain. But when someone starts ascribing morality and purpose to that "god", then my skepticism grows considerably.

As an Atheists--I will make a claim that even other Atheists will chuckle at.

Let us say that whatever created this universe is GOD. Now I just gave God a definition. In fact, by this definition, I can not claim that there is no GOD without provoking the understanding that this implies that the Universe has no beginning. So the whole question about Atheism versus Theists boils down to asking does the universe have a beginning or not.

Now the Theological question that burns on this board--besides "the thing that created the universe" are their any other attribes or characteristics of GOD that we know of?? How do you come to this?

NOTE: By definition, God could be the clashing of branes or some great explosion(or the trigger of that Explosion) or the words "Let there be light".

Forum List

Back