Attention American NRA Sick Gun Nutters. Can you ID this rod rammer? The only gun you should have.

He used a 1903 Springfield. Sorry Ringel stepped out for a smoke.
Not in the turkey shoot, found a picture, looks like a percussion Kentucky long rifle in the common tongue, a Pennsylvania rifle in the high tongue....... :eusa_whistle:

I thought I wanted one, until I saw the price. :eek:
What? The Kentucky? Kentucky's are fairly cheap but that depends on if you buy one from Dixie Gun works or from Track of the Wolf. ToF has the quality over Dixie but you will pay for it.
Seems the Hinge was before this time. I went to site and saw none offered in configuration with a hinge.

One, not a gun nutter but familiar with firearms from multiple time periods.
Two, it's a black powder, 18th century muzzle loading weapon. The attached ramrod tells me it's most likely an English flintlock dragoon pistol.
Three, you're a fanatical zealot but everyone knows that.

29002.jpg
I see no end hinge thangy. So not the same. Or was it at the time a personal snap-on add on?
I don't know what you're talking about, it's exactly the same thingy except in my picture the ramrod is in the stored position, in your picture the ramrod is in the barrel end.

Yes, I understand the basic function is for time. You're correct. It's about the Hinge helper to ram the load.
Any input as to good, better or worse/bad. I tried the old google answers. No luck here.
Apparently it worked well enough as they kept making them up through the early-mid 1800s with the advent of cylinder pistols.
Okay, I'm learning. Can you be more specific when to when? I'm not a gun Nutter. First I've seen, want to know more.
Think they showed up in the early 1700s but could have been introduced earlier than that. The last design that included them that I know of for sure was the US Model 1819 pistol but I haven't searched past that point specifically for that design feature. I think I remember seeing at least one other foreign model that was introduce in the mid 1840 or 50s.

DSC04053.jpg

He used a 1903 Springfield. Sorry Ringel stepped out for a smoke.
Not in the turkey shoot, found a picture, looks like a percussion Kentucky long rifle in the common tongue, a Pennsylvania rifle in the high tongue....... :eusa_whistle:

I thought I wanted one, until I saw the price. :eek:
What? The Kentucky? Kentucky's are fairly cheap but that depends on if you buy one from Dixie Gun works or from Track of the Wolf. ToF has the quality over Dixie but you will pay for it.
Seems the Hinge was before this time. I went to site and saw none offered in configuration with a hinge.
Dixie has an original for $3,2500. Don't think anyone has reproduced any.
18654 US MODEL 1819 NORTH FLINTLOCK PISTOL

I see no end hinge thangy. So not the same. Or was it at the time a personal snap-on add on?
I don't know what you're talking about, it's exactly the same thingy except in my picture the ramrod is in the stored position, in your picture the ramrod is in the barrel end.

Yes, I understand the basic function is for time. You're correct. It's about the Hinge helper to ram the load.
Any input as to good, better or worse/bad. I tried the old google answers. No luck here.
Apparently it worked well enough as they kept making them up through the early-mid 1800s with the advent of cylinder pistols.
Okay, I'm learning. Can you be more specific when to when? I'm not a gun Nutter. First I've seen, want to know more.
Think they showed up in the early 1700s but could have been introduced earlier than that. The last design that included them that I know of for sure was the US Model 1819 pistol but I haven't searched past that point specifically for that design feature. I think I remember seeing at least one other foreign model that was introduce in the mid 1840 or 50s.

DSC04053.jpg
I'm seeing/saw the musket as early 1700's device. Saw used by British navy troops. Seems may be a navy musket device (Hinged load rammer)
at the time. I don't fully know.

When I fish Tuna way offshore, FFS!? When baiting a hook in rocking sea, can be interesting. But I'm no gun nutter here. Loading shots. I think is would be easier as no hooks, just a hole to stuff a stick as completing a task.

Btw: Note the OP picture is on a ship at the time. A Rifle Musket.

upload_2019-2-13_19-25-11-png.245767

This clip was taken from a ship by me. As a Musket rifle. The clip was to show the Hinge Thangy.

Last edited:
If I can't have pipe bombs, grenades or nukes, then quick change high capacity mags should also be illegal.

DSC04053.jpg
I'm seeing/saw the musket as early 1700's device. Saw used by British navy troops. Seems may be a navy musket device (Hinged load rammer)

When I fish Tuna way offshore, FFS!? When baiting a hook in rocking sea, can be interesting. But I'm no gun nutter here. Loading shots. I think is would be easier as no hooks, just a hole to stuff a stick as completing a task.
Black powder muzzleloading rifles have tighter tolerances than smoothbores and ramming the tightly fitting ball isn't all that easy, fire it a few times and the barrel becomes fouled making loading ten times more difficult.

DSC04053.jpg

Black powder muzzleloading rifles have tighter tolerances than smoothbores and ramming the tightly fitting ball isn't all that easy, fire it a few times and the barrel becomes fouled making loading ten times more difficult.

You strike me as the anti-synthetic powder type.

DSC04053.jpg

You strike me as the anti-synthetic powder type.
Yes and no. Black powder for antique and reproduction firearms, synthetic powder for modern muzzleloaders.

DSC04053.jpg

But as the musket heats up firing on the killing on the line.
Does not the barrel get bigger?
As the lead ball is cold and smaller.

Last edited:

DSC04053.jpg

Btw: Note the OP picture is on a ship at the time. A Rifle Musket.

upload_2019-2-13_19-25-11-png.245767

This clip was taken from a ship by me. As a Musket rifle. The clip was to show the Hinge Thangy.
Not surprised as most musket fire came from up above in the "rigging", again dropping was a problem. Another problem I just remembered was during the heat of battle ramrods we sometimes accidentally left in the barrel after loading and became a metal "arrow". Can't load the musket then...........

DSC04053.jpg

But as it musket heats up firing on the killing on the line.
Does not the barrel get bigger?
As the lead ball is cold and smaller
Up through just before the Civil War smoothbore muskets were prevalent and most desired by the world's armies and navies. Many units in the Civil War continued to use .69 and .78 caliber smoothbores.
It's not just the barrel heating up, black powder and pure lead balls leave residue that builds up.

Rod rammer? Idiot lefties still don't know the difference between automatic and semi-automatic and apparently they are afraid of rifles that have that little thing on the barrel that accomidates a bayonet. If lefties were serious about violations of gun laws they would demand that Obama and/or his A.G. and certainly ATF chiefs be indicted for their part in shipping over 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexico and the subsequent murder of a Border Officer with one of them.

Rod rammer? Idiot lefties still don't know the difference between automatic and semi-automatic and apparently they are afraid of rifles that have that little thing on the barrel that accomidates a bayonet. If lefties were serious about violations of gun laws they would demand that Obama and/or his A.G. and certainly ATF chiefs be indicted for their part in shipping over 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexico and the subsequent murder of a Border Officer with one of them.

You sure a a brave "Hero" hiding behind your keyboard. Wow, a real big man, you must be. This is a Military section, not fruitcakes anon.

You sure a a brave "Hero" hiding behind your keyboard. Wow, a real big man, you must be. This is a Military section, not fruitcakes anon.
If lefties were serious about gun violations they would go after the most notorious illegal gun traffickers in modern history but it's all bull shit and it ain't about guns.

If lefties were serious about gun violations they would go after the most notorious illegal gun traffickers in modern history but it's all bull shit and it ain't about guns.

People like me ARE going after the most notorious illegal gun trafficers in modern history. Selling guns in parking lots by the dozens to people that are buying them to transport then and resell them to Metro Areas to Gangs. We want universal background checks which have all but stopped this in 15 states. I usually say let the States handle things but since the rest of the States won't then it becomes an interstate commerce problem and the Feds can and will get involved. MOST Americans want universal background checks. You Unamericans fight it tooth and nail. You want to go where there are no background checks, there aren't any in Yemen. Then again, Yemen has NO gun regulations at all. And how's that worked out for them again?

People like me ARE going after the most notorious illegal gun trafficers in modern history. Selling guns in parking lots by the dozens to people that are buying them to transport then and resell them to Metro Areas to Gangs. We want universal background checks which have all but stopped this in 15 states. I usually say let the States handle things but since the rest of the States won't then it becomes an interstate commerce problem and the Feds can and will get involved. MOST Americans want universal background checks. You Unamericans fight it tooth and nail. You want to go where there are no background checks, there aren't any in Yemen. Then again, Yemen has NO gun regulations at all. And how's that worked out for them again?

STFU, you fucking moron. Your beloved corporate "gubermint" is the biggest seller of arms and ammunition and using it to arm their proxy armies all over the globe as well as giving them to drug cartels, street gangs and islamic extremist sleeper cells in this country all the while wanting to disarm Americans so here is a heapin' helpin' of "Go fuck yourself".

You sit on your fat ass and spew bullshit via the internet. What I would like to see is you volunteering to be the "lead" in a house to house confiscation of firearms like they did during Hurricane Katrina....but this time the people will not be so passive. It's my opinion that you will fold like a cheap tent.

Write this down, etch it in stone and commit it to memory, you commie sack of shit....there are MILLIONS of us that would rather die fighting than be hauled off to a re-education/concentration camp and we will take commie sacks of shit down with us. So, "man up", punkinpuss........game on?

No one should exercise their First Amendment rights on technology that wasn't available in the 18th Century.

kisscc0-paper-quill-inkwell-pens-ink-feather-5b715009b00bc0.5399931515341527137211.png

View attachment 245767

Saw this whatever thang at the end, as helping to ram the rod down? (Or up a Gun Nutters Ass).. Can any Gun Nutter confirm model? And why needed? And really was it a good thang?
You ask for information while trying to be insulting. Who is the actual nutter here ?View attachment 246624
Dear Idiot. The first amendment was gone long ago. Trump is even seeking retribution against SNL & NBC. Trump says the news media “is the enemy of the American people.”. Anything you say can & will be held against you in a court of law. You only have the right to remain silent!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back