Attempted Attack Linked to US Attacks in Yemen

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
The president spoke after the branch of Al Qaeda in Yemen and Saudi Arabia claimed responsibility for the attempted attack and said it was in retaliation for recent American-backed attacks on its members in Yemen, according to the SITE Intelligence Group, which tracks militant Islamist Web sites.

I guess we are doing something in the war against terroriists. Maybe we should quit so we don't piss them off again? Let's agree up front no matter what Obama does, your side will still just bitch and moan. These are the same folks who told US to quit bashing Bush.

Hypocrtis.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/29/us/29terror.html?_r=1&hp

nothing we do or don't do has any bearing on AQ. the rest of the world -- yes. not them.

uh....killing their members in yemen and elsewhere has no bearing in them?

Not much.

They hate us, and there is nothing we can do to change that. The most that can be done is discourage more from joining them - the members of AQ aren't going to come around, and see things our way.

nothing we do or don't do has any bearing on AQ. the rest of the world -- yes. not them.

Not much.

They hate us, and there is nothing we can do to change that. The most that can be done is discourage more from joining them - the members of AQ aren't going to come around, and see things our way.

yurtle doesn't exactly read my posts. he just saw me post and felt the need to troll me.

he probably agrees with what you just said (which is what i said) 100%.

Not much.

sure there is....get out of the ME, stop supporting israel....that is their biggest complaint

Not much.

yurtle doesn't exactly read my posts. he just saw me post and felt the need to troll me.

he probably agrees with what you just said (which is what i said) 100%.

you said "no bearing"....if you can't properly explain yourself without the need to read all your other posts to understand one post, then you have no right to bitch that others don't understand you

it wasn't a troll...it was an honest question and another poster recognized this and attempted to answer it....you, however, troll post as you don't even try to answer the question or explain yourself

Not much.

sure there is....get out of the ME, stop supporting israel....that is their biggest complaint

That is true, we could do that. But that isn't politically possible.

Aside from that, there's nothing we can do.

Not much.

anything is possible, what exact political "impossibilities" exist for stopping us getting out of the ME and end financial support of israel?

if we did both, the islamic terrorists would virtually have nothing left to fight us over

Yes and shame on the corrupt Liberal Press. They completely ignored and intentionally under-reported this administration's recent bombing of Yemen. I mean could you imagine the same Liberal Media's reaction if it was a Republican President bombing yet another country? My God,ole Wolfy Blitzer,Chris Matthews,and the numerous Liberal rags would be up on their high horses screeching about how awful and evil that President was.

This was an incredibly important event that was certainly intentionally under-reported by the Obama-Run MSM. How many countries are we going to bomb? Unfortunately we saw this same Liberal Media corruption when Bill Clinton was busy bombing several nations while President. Where are all those pious "Anti-War" Leftists? Where did they go? Their bombing in Yemen will now escalate and increase Terrorist attacks in this country. Shame on the corrupt Liberal MSM for not reporting on this.

Last edited:

anything is possible, what exact political "impossibilities" exist for stopping us getting out of the ME and end financial support of israel?

if we did both, the islamic terrorists would virtually have nothing left to fight us over

Ask your Senator.

The Israel lobby is one of the biggest in this country - and not just from Jews. Evangelical Christians are a large part of the Israel lobby - Israel is keeping the holy land safe from the evil Muslims, just until Jesus comes back.

It'll NEVER happen, and that's what I mean by politically impossible.

Ask your Senator.

The Israel lobby is one of the biggest in this country - and not just from Jews. Evangelical Christians are a large part of the Israel lobby - Israel is keeping the holy land safe from the evil Muslims, just until Jesus comes back.

you do realize we give approx. the same support to egypt....

the UN created israel, not the US...further, muslims or so called muslims, started selling their land to jews long before the UN recognized israel....

I think it is necessary to keep terrorists out of the US. The thing I wonder about is what would the radicals do if they were not fixating on us? Being a radical, my guess is they would lash out at those closer to home that they felt were not following Islam closely enough. You end up with situations like Iran has been in the last twenty years.

Ask your Senator.

you do realize we give approx. the same support to egypt....

the UN created israel, not the US...further, muslims or so called muslims, started selling their land to jews long before the UN recognized israel....

We may give Egypt the same amount of support, but there are not millions of people in this country who would flip out if we stopped supporting Egypt.

his implication -- that if we don't "piss off" AQ, they'll be nice.

THAT is BS...

I know it's me who said it, but do bother someone else...

:cuckoo:

I can't beleive that statement came from you of all people. For once, we agree on something. You are absolutely right no matter what we do with these Jihadists, invite them to dinner, allow them to murder people all over the world, buy them gifts, give them free reign, they will not like anyone who is NOT a muslim. In their world anyone who is not a MUSLIM and who does not study the KORAN deserves to have their heads cut off with a dull knife and hot oil poured down the head less throat.

That's it, get it and get it right. There is no pacifying these Jihadists they are intent on destroying ANYONE and EVERYONE who does not devotely follow the KORAN. They are absolutley NOT TOLERANT of any other belief system or religion or lack of religion. If you are an atheist or agnostic, Christian, Jew, Hindu, Monk, Nun , Priest or Pastor or follow a native Indian belief system you are also considered an INFIDEL and in their book INFIDEL'S deserve to die and it's the Jihadist's absolute duty to make sure you do die.

So welcome all you infidels to the reality of the truth behind Jihadism. They are out there and they are intent on killing you and all of your friends and family, they will do it with no remorse and they will dance in the street celebrating the death of the INFIDEL who is you.

Forum List

Back