Attack On The Middle Class

GHW Bush warned everyone back in 1999 that Reaganomics was Voodoo Economics.

But nobody believed him then or now.

GW Bush then added even more tax cuts for the rich than Reagan had.

So there was a economic disconnect between father and son.

Reaganomics and W's tax cuts are what have destroyed the middle class in America.

They have now all become working poor whether they know it or not.

Anyway that's what happened and why it happened.

As for the solution, that will take a long long time.

No more tax cuts for the rich is step #1.

Robber Baron Romney wanted more tax cuts for the rich.

When you hear this, you have to turn that fruitcake who is saying it out of office.

That's about as wrong as Krugman, off in the ten trillions column
All I know is whenever I've ever posted Thom hartmann stuff cons said Thom was a liberal wacko. But here Republicans are agreeing with trump. If you agree with trump you agree with me and thom. This is proof Republican voters are manipulatable sheep. This is proof!!! Back when I posted this and when Thom wrote the article Republicans were free traders. Now they aren't?

This is why I don't buy into trump. No way the GOP should control all three houses.

And trumps a liar. He's telling underpaid uneducated what they want to hear.

I love what trumps saying though. Love it! If he wins he better fix NAFTA. If he does that I'll vote for him in 2020.

No way I want trump appointing supremes or going along with Paul and mitch

Who is Thom Hartmann? You don't buy into Trump comes as a complete total shock to me. Wow. You were as solid as Starkey

Reaganomics and W's tax cuts are what have destroyed the middle class in America.

When you hear this, you have to turn that fruitcake who is saying it out of office.

All I know is whenever I've ever posted Thom hartmann stuff cons said Thom was a liberal wacko. But here Republicans are agreeing with trump. If you agree with trump you agree with me and thom. This is proof Republican voters are manipulatable sheep. This is proof!!! Back when I posted this and when Thom wrote the article Republicans were free traders. Now they aren't?

This is why I don't buy into trump. No way the GOP should control all three houses.

I love what trumps saying though. Love it! If he wins he better fix NAFTA. If he does that I'll vote for him in 2020.

Who is Thom Hartmann? You don't buy into Trump comes as a complete total shock to me. Wow. You were as solid as Starkey
I know who rush savage Drudge and bill O'Reilly are but you don't know who Thom is? Sounds like you only know one side of the story

I know who rush savage Drudge and bill O'Reilly are but you don't know who Thom is? Sounds like you only know one side of the story
There is only one side. Liberals lack the IQ to understand capitalism and free trade so their side is not really legitimate. This is why for example they look at East/West Germany or Cuba/Florida or Venezuela and want to copy East Germany Cuba and Venezuela.

There is only one side. Liberals lack the IQ to understand capitalism and free trade so their side is not really legitimate. This is why for example they look at East/West Germany or Cuba/Florida or Venezuela and want to copy East Germany Cuba and Venezuela.
Every other country protects their workers from corporations. Maybe you want to live in a fascist corporate controlled country but most of us don't.

There is no such thing as free trade. Want to argue with Thom again?

Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

No such thing as a free market jackass.

Every other country protects their workers from corporations. Maybe you want to live in a fascist corporate controlled country but most of us don't.

There is no such thing as free trade. Want to argue with Thom again?

Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

No such thing as a free market jackass.

Honest. Ed B. Is a congenital idiot, and con troll. Though that is obvious. He just learned cut and paste, and where the con talking points are. I simply ignore him. I watched him for several years, and he has NEVER made a rational argument. Hell, even by pure chance he should hit ONE.

Maybe you want to live in a fascist corporate controlled country.

conservatives want tiny govt while fascists want huge govt. do you think after 1025 times your liberal IQ is high enough to grasp that?
Not at all true. Con trolls like Ed. B want tiny government so that it will match their dicks.

your mother must be so proud that her son grew to be an angry violent impotent internet sleeze. Are you planning to kill somebody next??

There is nothing "normal" about a nation having a middle class, even though it is vital to the survival of democracy.
As twenty-three years of conservative economic policies have now shown millions of Americans, what's "normal" in a "free and unfettered" economy is the rapid evolution of a small but fabulously wealthy ownership class, and a large but poor working class. If a nation wants a middle class, it must define it, desire it, and work to both create and keep it.
This is because a middle class is the creation of government participation (conservatives call it "interference") in the marketplace, by determining the rules of the game.
"Those seeking profits," Jefferson wrote, "were they given total freedom, would not be the ones to trust to keep government pure and our rights secure. Indeed, it has always been those seeking wealth who were the source of corruption in government.
As Jefferson realized, with no government "interference" by setting the rules of the game of business and fair taxation, there will be no middle class.
Conservatives believe what business does is business's business, and government should keep its nose out of it.
As the Wall Street Journal noted in 1997, Alan Greenspan sees one of his main jobs as being to maintain a high enough level of "worker insecurity" that employees won't demand pay raises and benefits increases, thus provoking "wage inflation." ("CEO inflation" is fine)
Thomas Jefferson -- if the government doesn't actively participate in regulating how the game of business is played, the middle class would vanish.
And to stimulate that domestic economy, we instituted progressive taxation, which gave workers more to spend, thus stimulating demand for more goods and services.
The elite cons who seem to truly believe that a CEO actually works 500 times harder than his employees (or is 500 times smarter).
But history shows that the third pillar of creating a middle class requires a modest control of how wealth is distributed. The richest, who benefit the most from our society, pay proportionately more, so the middle class can have home interest deductions, child tax credits, free public education, and health care. Progressive taxation has helped create every middle class in the First World, and without it the middle class will vanish (to Steve Forbes delight, apparently).
But as president Reagan cut the top tax rate for billionaires from 70 percent to 28 percent, while effectively raising taxes on working people via the payroll tax and using inflation against a non-indexed tax system. It was another hit to the already-beginning-to-shrink middle class, to be followed by more "tax cut" bludgeons during the first three years of the W. Bush administration.
Nonetheless, a never-ending parade of conservative economists and commentators march through our living rooms daily via radio and TV, assuring us that it is good for American workers to go along with the Wal-Martization of America, accept lower pay and few benefits, and fear for their health, so multinational corporations can "level the playing field" for labor.
Unless we repeal Taft-Hartley; start enforcing the Sherman act, provide free education for Americans (and not just Iraqis); abandon WTO/GATT and NAFTA; restore progressive taxation (including on dividend income); force corporations to pay their fair share; and go back to selective tariffs to protect domestic industries and stop offshoring to explicitly bring home the ability for us to make our own clothes, furniture, autos, and electronics, the conservatives will have won and the middle class -- and, thus, democracy -- will lose.
The middle class is not a "normal" thing: it's just the core that holds together democracy and an
ThomHartmann.com - Scrooge & Marley, Inc. - The True Conservative Agenda

"The Middle class has been buried these past four years" -- Joe Biden Oct 2012
What a surprise. No link. So we can not see the context. Typical con move.

How can you tell a Progressive is spinning?

Context

Biden tells audience middle class has been 'buried' last four years

I told you republicans we don't need a Anti NAFTA Republican president because ultimately you will need to get the Senators and the House to go along, and so if you are anti NAFTA, you MUST vote out your local House GOP member and Senator. If you don't you are full of shit and you will be the reason Trump will ultimately say, "sorry, I can't fix nafta". But what he will tell you instead is that it was the Democrats and you will buy it every step of the way. They pull one over on you fools so easy.

But I did ask my local Democrat who's running for my house seat and I love his reply.

He believes in trade agreements that are mutually beneficial, will increase benefits, and bring back jobs.

That's always been the Democrats position. So if you want trade to be fair, vote Democratic.

Now tell me what your rep says about trade.

What does your rep say about NAFTA? You cock suckers act like NAFTA is a bad thing every time you say Bill Clinton signed it. So are you against it? Because Trump is against it the same way my Democratic House member is against it. In fact I'm sure we can get Hillary to go along with making trade fair too. Do you think she disagrees with this statement?

"I believes in trade agreements that are mutually beneficial, will increase benefits, and bring back jobs."

If you agree you can not call yourself a Republican

What does your rep say about NAFTA? You cock suckers act like NAFTA is a bad thing every time you say Bill Clinton signed it. So are you against it? Because Trump is against it the same way my Democratic House member is against it. In fact I'm sure we can get Hillary to go along with making trade fair too. Do you think she disagrees with this statement?

"I believes in trade agreements that are mutually beneficial, will increase benefits, and bring back jobs."

My rep is Nita Lowey

My rep is Nita Lowey
What does she say about NAFTA? And is she a Republican?

I think it's great if we get all the politicians to focus on fair trade but that doesn't make corporations happy.

Who's your senator and what do they say about it? I know Levin and stabinow are on board

focus on fair trade

fair trade is when the traders freely decide its fair- right?

or is fair trade when LibNazis in govt decide at gun point what is fair because they know best?

Any never forget that fair trade at liberal gunpoint is one of 1000 violent measures that the fair LibNazis propose simply becuase they lack the IQ to understand capitalism!

focus on fair trade

fair trade is when the traders freely decide its fair- right?

or is fair trade when LibNazis in govt decide at gun point what is fair because they know best?

Any never forget that fair trade at liberal gunpoint is one of 1000 violent measures that the fair LibNazis propose simply becuase they lack the IQ to understand capitalism!
Talk to trump and his supporters

The middle class is not a "normal" thing: it's just the core that holds together democracy

true, so why did liberals ship their jobs to china using liberal unions liberal deficits and the highest liberal taxes in the world???

and why did liberals attack and destroy the family schools and religion rendering many Americans unfit for middle class work?
We see today 2/3 of us corporations pay no taxes. Wake up.

We see today 2/3 of us corporations pay no taxes. Wake up.

Why lie????
20% of big companies pay zero corporate taxes - Apr. 13, 2016

money.cnn.com/2016/04/13/pf/taxes/gao-corporate-taxes/

and no taxes paid because they lost money in previous years or because they were forced to move off shore to low tax tax countries to stay competitive

Like all con trolls, you just lie, and lie and lie. Then you lie to cover your lies. And, you have no integrity, no class, and that is simply normal for you.

Fact Sheet: Corporate Tax Rates

Forum List

Back