ATT is a miserable excuse for a phone company

Sep 12, 2008
I made the mistake of switching to ATT. I have a two year commitment, and i am deeply regretting it. The phone is supposed to be state of the art, and it drops calls so often so frequently fails to make a connection at all I am going into a state of permanent rage against the company.

I made the mistake of switching to ATT. I have a two year commitment, and i am deeply regretting it. The phone is supposed to be state of the art, and it drops calls so often so frequently fails to make a connection at all I am going into a state of permanent rage against the company.

Honey, they are all the same

Maybe you can just buy a prepaid phone and some minutes, I never have a dropped call

I love my ATT phone, I never get dropped calls with it. My boss gets dropped calls with Verizon. I know, I talk to him all the time on it.

I love my ATT phone, I never get dropped calls with it. My boss gets dropped calls with Verizon. I know, I talk to him all the time on it.

Dropped calls?, or something else? :razz:

Just kidding Sarah

if they are not living up to their end of the contract you may certainly break it. report the dropped calls....keep a log of them....it may take you some time and trouble but they will let you out of the contract....(you have to return the phone) if you complain enough.

move off the volcano....that might help....seriously i have ATT ....i have very little problems with mine....

How is a crappy phone AT&T's fault?
Next time, don't buy a "supposed" state of the art phone, buy an actual technological phone.
Art and phones are not synonymous.

Next time, don't buy a "supposed" state of the art phone, buy an actual technological phone.
it might help if they actually stated WHAT phone they got and the general area they are using it in

it might help if they actually stated WHAT phone they got and the general area they are using it in

he says he is on a volcano....what phone would work up there?....:eusa_eh:

he says he is on a volcano....what phone would work up there?....:eusa_eh:
depends on where the volcano is
;)
and how close a cell tower is

I've had AT&T for years, and have had 3 cell phones over the course of about 10 years with them.. 2 Motorola's, and currently a Pantech Duo. Zero problems with either my service, or my phones. Just because one person is dissatisfied, doesn't make them a bad company. Odds ARE pretty good that if you got a so-called "state of the art" phone, it's brand new technology which hasn't been perfected yet, and is still going through glitches.

When I *wanted* my Pantech Duo, every single location/store was sold completely out of them - despite the complaints posted online about them. Once I finally got one, (3 months later), all those problems had been rectified. My $300 phone *performed* like a $300 phone. Had I gotten one right when 3G hit the market, I'd likely be bitching harder than you are..

I've had AT&T for years, and have had 3 cell phones over the course of about 10 years with them.. 2 Motorola's, and currently a Pantech Duo. Zero problems with either my service, or my phones. Just because one person is dissatisfied, doesn't make them a bad company. Odds ARE pretty good that if you got a so-called "state of the art" phone, it's brand new technology which hasn't been perfected yet, and is still going through glitches.

When I *wanted* my Pantech Duo, every single location/store was sold completely out of them - despite the complaints posted online about them. Once I finally got one, (3 months later), all those problems had been rectified. My $300 phone *performed* like a $300 phone. Had I gotten one right when 3G hit the market, I'd likely be bitching harder than you are..

hey i got one of them two....the guy at the store i went too said that they corrected the problems with the new Pantechs.....so far so good for me........

I got rid of Verizon for dropped calls and Cost, plus the fact that a pay-as-you-go phone is perfect for me. I only use it for making calls, period, no texting etc etc.
only $15/mo and soon to be less than that for more minutes under an improved plan. I always have a lot of minutes, like 900, when I renew them. In the last couple years with these Net10's, I have only a couple dropped calls.
Verizon cost us like $90/mo for two phones. These Net10/Tracfone, same company I think work in places that Verizon didn't, although Verizon may have improved by now, but I don't care, these are Cheaper! :lol:

Just be thankful all of you , that your not one of of Verizons adopted children from Alltel. While AT&T is out of the question because of coverage in our area, we are stuck with our new Master *laughs*. While I have little problems in terms of coverage, with Verizons customer service it depends on what day you call them. On the thread author's posting, I can only say this if your phone your using is on the bleeding edge of technology perhaps it would be better to let AT&T and the phone maker test the phone rather than you as sometimes all that razzle dazzle equals headaches. My suggestion is to look online for a replacement phone "craigslist, ebay, etc " there are thousands of them and very inexpensive, then take the phone and have it changed. When your contract is up, look for someone that will better suit your needs.

Just be thankful all of you , that your not one of of Verizons adopted children from Alltel. While AT&T is out of the question because of coverage in our area, we are stuck with our new Master *laughs*. While I have little problems in terms of coverage, with Verizons customer service it depends on what day you call them. On the thread author's posting, I can only say this if your phone your using is on the bleeding edge of technology perhaps it would be better to let AT&T and the phone maker test the phone rather than you as sometimes all that razzle dazzle equals headaches. My suggestion is to look online for a replacement phone "craigslist, ebay, etc " there are thousands of them and very inexpensive, then take the phone and have it changed. When your contract is up, look for someone that will better suit your needs.
also amazon has a bunch really cheap

New Topics

Forum List

Back