Atrocities and wives and girlfriends

nt250 said:
What's with Vietnam veterans and the stories they tell their wives and girlfriends about what they did in Vietnam?

I'm asking because today, again, I was told by the wife of a Vietnam vet that he committed horrible acts while over there.

This is the fifth time I've had a woman who claims to be a wife, or a woman whose boyfriend served in Vietnam, tell me that they committed atrocities.

I visited a lot of different websites during the last election, and I read a lot of posts by vets. Nothing I've ever read has ever convinced me it was wide spread or common.

So how come these liberal women are so quick to tell me it was and that their own men are the proof of it?

Are they exaggerating, or did the men exaggerate? Or lie?

I am sure these "attrocities" committed are caveated by "they were ordered to," some such nonsense alleviating them of personal responsibility and assigning them the role of "victim." Victims get attention; especially, innocents victimed by a heartless and corrupt gov't institution (in this case the US military).

I would further state that it's a neo-sideways attack at the Bush administration and the current US military by the ever-grasping-for-straws left attempting to draw a comparison between the two wars since the original accusation of "Another Vietnam" has gone largely ignored and/or been shot to Hell.

Just getting to the party.......

both the Swiftboat and Wintersoldier sites are legit. I spent the better part of two years participating on both boards, along with military.com and felt they handled themselves in a very credible manner.

I will say that the dems/libs I've debated with absolutely hate these sites.

Just getting to the party.......

both the Swiftboat and Wintersoldier sites are legit. I spent the better part of two years participating on both boards, along with military.com and felt they handled themselves in a very credible manner.

I will say that the dems/libs I've debated with absolutely hate these sites.

They hate them but won't read them.

I challenged many of the worst Swift Boat critics to just go read their site. None of them would. And they came right out and said they wouldn't waste their time.

But that is typical of liberals no matter what the subject. The source is always much more important than what is said.

Now they're using the term "Swift Boated" as a verb to describe any attack against any liberal.

It's shameful.

I watched the press conference again a few weeks ago. How anybody could not only think it was all about politics, but that these men didn't have a legitimate grievence against Kerry, is just shameful.

Got it and thanks. At the risk of starting a big long debate in the wrong forum: The Swift Boat vets are closer to the truth than most folks give them credit for. You are discovering what MANY Viet Nam era vets have known all along. Much of the atrocity crap that Kerry, Fonda and others spewed was pure BS and they did it for personal gain. We are seeing the same thing currently from some US citizens and the terrorists have incorporated such propaganda as a key element in their strategic plans.

The bolded part expresses well my answer to the original thread question.

Forum List

Back