"atlas shrugged" will change the face of american politics

Q: How many Objectivists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: You second-hand, evading social metaphysician, Ayn Rand has
already changed it. The world just hasn't noticed yet.

I love good satire.

Bummer that you don't....
Like many of Rand's former cult followers who have become her most vocal critics, you like sophomoric drivel. You people deserve each other. Dante? We just amuse and then move along.

bye bye

Going back to the title of this thread, how many US citizens consider Rand's book/movie to be 'changing the face of American politics"?

There is certainly a small and very vocal group who embrace her books but most people read and discarded them in junior high as being naive and childlike.

I've read her words and watched interviews with her and she always stops short of actually making it work. It will never happen but if a nation did try to live by her words, the result would be total chaos.

Yep, the people who attack Rand's writing can never explain what's wrong with it - not with examples, at least. It's the same meme regurgitated over and over.

What's funny is that I reread Atlas over Christmas break, and have quite a few criticisms, but what Dainty and Pillowbite claim is just stupid, clearly demonstrating that the speaker never read the book.
Dante has stated before:
developmentally stunted psyches will always see some genius in cartoonish caricatures put forth by the likes of :cuckoo: Ayn Rand
Rand is completely unoriginal, her 'philosophy' is nothing more than Nietzsche Lite for Americans, with John Galt starring as der Übermensch.

Yep, the people who attack Rand's writing can never explain what's wrong with it - not with examples, at least. It's the same meme regurgitated over and over.

What's funny is that I reread Atlas over Christmas break, and have quite a few criticisms, but what Dainty and Pillowbite claim is just stupid, clearly demonstrating that the speaker never read the book.
Dante has stated before:
developmentally stunted psyches will always see some genius in cartoonish caricatures put forth by the likes of :cuckoo: Ayn Rand
Rand is completely unoriginal, her 'philosophy' is nothing more than Nietzsche Lite for Americans, with John Galt starring as der Übermensch.

a little more complicated yet simplistic -- but you're close enough

Dante has stated before:

You obviously have never read Nietzsche or Rand.

Dante has stated before:

You obviously have never read Nietzsche or Rand.
obviously

this is your last chance to read the book before the movie comes out.

i have waited my whole life for this. when i was in high school i discovered ayn rand, it changed my life , and much to my delight, would end up in a conservative website framed by objectivism.
i remember thinking, someday, once the internet is invented, this will be my political philosohpy and i will take it to the people..

life imitates art. we are dagney taggert and hank rearden (the protagonists) and the democratic party (led by one barrak obama... if that is your real name), is the government, and "mr. thompson".

you are going to be seeing and hearing and feeling atlas shrugged a lot in the coming time until the 2012 election.

as wonderfual as the original novel is, no, magnificient... the movie will better present to the masses, that big government is not only wrong, in this country, according to our constitution, it is immoral.

i further suggest that this hollywood production will play a large roll in unseating the president of obama, how ultimately and deliciously ironic. how do you like us now.

it looks good, no, great.

i'm bumping this for the stats.. but it's a fun toplic ...

i have waited my whole life for this. when i was in high school i discovered ayn rand, it changed my life , and much to my delight, would end up in a conservative website framed by objectivism.
i remember thinking, someday, once the internet is invented, this will be my political philosohpy and i will take it to the people..

life imitates art. we are dagney taggert and hank rearden (the protagonists) and the democratic party (led by one barrak obama... if that is your real name), is the government, and "mr. thompson".

you are going to be seeing and hearing and feeling atlas shrugged a lot in the coming time until the 2012 election.

as wonderfual as the original novel is, no, magnificient... the movie will better present to the masses, that big government is not only wrong, in this country, according to our constitution, it is immoral.

i further suggest that this hollywood production will play a large roll in unseating the president of obama, how ultimately and deliciously ironic. how do you like us now.

i'm bumping this for the stats.. but it's a fun toplic ...

There will be a special space in hell reserved for you

Hmm...

Forum List

Back