Atlantic Monthly Editor offers Apology to McCain

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
I was appalled to read about the actions of Jill Greenberg, the freelance photographer who took the cover portrait that illustrates my article about John McCain. Greenberg doctored photographs of McCain she took during her Atlantic-arranged shoot, which took place last month in Las Vegas.

The Freelance Photographer in question doctored the photographs in an attempt make McCain appear evil and her web site is even more vile. Jill Greenberg is confirmed supporter of Barack Obama and this just illustrates the lengths that some of his supporters have gone, all the while pointing fingers at McCain and Palin for running a bad campaign.

"Greenberg also crowed that she had tricked McCain into standing over a strobe light placed on the floor - turning the septuagenarian's face into a horror show of shadows. Asking McCain to 'please come over here' for a final shot, Greenberg pretended to be using a standard modeling light.

Jeffrey Goldberg (September 14, 2008) - About that McCain Photo

“I didn’t,” she says. “It’s definitely exciting to shoot someone who is in the limelight like that. I am a pretty hard core Democrat. Some of my artwork has been pretty anti-Bush, so maybe it was somewhat irresponsible for them [The Atlantic] to hire me.”

PDNPulse: How Jill Greenberg Really Feels About John McCain

I was appalled to read about the actions of Jill Greenberg, the freelance photographer who took the cover portrait that illustrates my article about John McCain. Greenberg doctored photographs of McCain she took during her Atlantic-arranged shoot, which took place last month in Las Vegas.

The Freelance Photographer in question doctored the photographs in an attempt make McCain appear evil and her web site is even more vile. Jill Greenberg is confirmed supporter of Barack Obama and this just illustrates the lengths that some of his supporters have gone, all the while pointing fingers at McCain and Palin for running a bad campaign.

"Greenberg also crowed that she had tricked McCain into standing over a strobe light placed on the floor - turning the septuagenarian's face into a horror show of shadows. Asking McCain to 'please come over here' for a final shot, Greenberg pretended to be using a standard modeling light.

Jeffrey Goldberg (September 14, 2008) - About that McCain Photo

“I didn’t,” she says. “It’s definitely exciting to shoot someone who is in the limelight like that. I am a pretty hard core Democrat. Some of my artwork has been pretty anti-Bush, so maybe it was somewhat irresponsible for them [The Atlantic] to hire me.”

PDNPulse: How Jill Greenberg Really Feels About John McCain

Sorry Navy, you seem late to rush out with this latest piece of information to David.

Sorry Navy, you seem late to rush out with this latest piece of information to David.

*laughs * well Robert, I started typing on this thread in the middle of listening to a pleading on the merits of why someone should visit the mall and then looked up and "viola" So on the posting being the same only thing I can say is sorry about that. Still a rather interesting woman there don't you think?, and they call me a partisan.

*laughs * well Robert, I started typing on this thread in the middle of listening to a pleading on the merits of why someone should visit the mall and then looked up and "viola" So on the posting being the same only thing I can say is sorry about that. Still a rather interesting woman there don't you think?, and they call me a partisan.

no worries--Robby is the "duplicate police" tonight---he's making us all pay for mocking Kirk :rofl:

Last edited:
Yes, I heard about it. I am still very suprised that Atlanta monthly did not do a background check on this gal, before they hired her. All they needed to do was google her name--& they would have found out that she was a left wing nut case!

Forum List

Back