Atlanta gas crunch: 'We've got no gas here'

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Atleast the environment is being protected... :beer:

Further complicating matters is that metro Atlanta has more stringent environmental requirements than other areas, meaning gas from other cities can't be brought in because it doesn't meet the city's smog requirements. The state is working with the state energy agency and the Environmental Protection Agency about getting a temporary waiver of that rule, said Bert Brantley, a spokesman for Gov. Sonny Perdue's office.

CNN || Atlanta gas crunch: 'We've got no gas here'

Sorry to hear about your gas shortage. Bummer! :doubt:

I had just commented yesterday "this is the cheapest we have gotten gas in months!" ($3.51 a gallon - Central California) .... it doesn't make sense! :cuckoo:

I had just commented yesterday "this is the cheapest we have gotten gas in months!" ($3.51 a gallon - Central California) .... it doesn't make sense! :cuckoo:

Nancy Nancy Nancy... She dosen't want her own constituents to start yelling "drill baby drill" so she is keeping your prices down..

I'm in the Nashville area and we are short on gas as well... Sucks... I sure wish the Democrats in charge of the government cared enough to do something about it.

I'm in the Nashville area and we are short on gas as well... Sucks... I sure wish the Democrats in charge of the government cared enough to do something about it.

well sombody on this board said just the other day "wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first"

Send Thank You notes to Nancy. Whydoncha?:lol:

Yea, because Pelosi is now is charge of hurricanes that ravage the Gulf Coast :cuckoo:

It has gotten so bad here in Atlanta, radio stations are actual having people call in just to let listeners know where there is gas these days, and when they are announced, lines immediately start piling up at the stations. My friend had to try over 20 stations and go over 30 miles just to find a station with gas. I don't know why we are being hit so bad, but it has gotten pretty terrible here. Thank god work is only 5 minutes away.

Atleast the environment is being protected... :beer:

Further complicating matters is that metro Atlanta has more stringent environmental requirements than other areas, meaning gas from other cities can't be brought in because it doesn't meet the city's smog requirements. The state is working with the state energy agency and the Environmental Protection Agency about getting a temporary waiver of that rule, said Bert Brantley, a spokesman for Gov. Sonny Perdue's office.

CNN || Atlanta gas crunch: 'We've got no gas here'

Its sounds like bureaucracy is the problem.

Yea, because Pelosi is now is charge of hurricanes that ravage the Gulf Coast :cuckoo:

It has gotten so bad here in Atlanta, radio stations are actual having people call in just to let listeners know where there is gas these days, and when they are announced, lines immediately start piling up at the stations. My friend had to try over 20 stations and go over 30 miles just to find a station with gas. I don't know why we are being hit so bad, but it has gotten pretty terrible here. Thank god work is only 5 minutes away.

I am on the Gulf Coast. We still have gas. Big Nancy dosen't want you to have any gas. She wants to save the planet.

Oh? Did Bush sell his hurricane machine to Pelosi? Because HE certainly is held responsible by the left.

we are having a hard time getting gas here. Mtns of NC. Many stations do not have gas or are asking you to limit purchases...gas is still hovering at 4 bucks a gallon....

but we are still able to get gas in most cases, just have to look more for it.

The problem is we have something like 19 or 21 grades of gasoline and limited refining capacity. Instead of a standard grade for gas each State, County and City can set their own standards leading to the 19 standards that then leads to shortages because of any interruption to an already tight schedule for our limited refining capacity.

Not only do we need to drill for oil we need to double ( at a minimum) our refining capacity and rein in the idiotic number of standards.

The problem is we have something like 19 or 21 grades of gasoline and limited refining capacity. Instead of a standard grade for gas each State, County and City can set their own standards leading to the 19 standards that then leads to shortages because of any interruption to an already tight schedule for our limited refining capacity.

Not only do we need to drill for oil we need to double ( at a minimum) our refining capacity and rein in the idiotic number of standards.

agreed 19 grades of gas is absurd and swallows up a refinery's production time.

New Topics

Forum List

Back