Atlanta At Seattle

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
This should be a real good game.

Both teams sport excellent defenses and top notch QBs.

Ryan is playing as good as he ever has...likewise for Russell Wilson..

The Falcons made easy work out of beating the Broncos tonight. Denver was forced to use their back up QB, Paxton Lynch, a rookie, which didn't help their chances. He played terrible.

This might be the best team the Hawks play all season.

Dan Quinn the EX Defense coordinator for the Hawks knows the Seahawks as well as any opposing coach.

The Falcons won't be playing against a rookie QB in Seattle.

Still, this game scares me as much as any on the schedule along with our meeting with NE.

The Falcons made easy work out of beating the Broncos tonight. Denver was forced to use their back up QB, Paxton Lynch, a rookie, which didn't help their chances. He played terrible.

I doubt the Broncos would have fared better with Siemian (or however you spell it). Sanders and co were being covered all day long. Nobody to pass to. And Vic Beasley was a beast.

Last edited:

Dan Quinn the EX Defense coordinator for the Hawks knows the Seahawks as well as any opposing coach.

Still, this game scares me as much as any on the schedule along with our meeting with NE.
I'll take the Seachix at home over the Falcons. Seattle's defense is probably as good as Denver's, and the offense is pretty good too. Good enough to keep up with the Falcons. If the defense can make some stops, Seattle should win.

I'll take the Seachix at home over the Falcons. Seattle's defense is probably as good as Denver's, and the offense is pretty good too. Good enough to keep up with the Falcons. If the defense can make some stops, Seattle should win.

yeah with the bye week and rest they should win.wow this is the first time since Matt Ryan has been with the falcons that they have had a defense,this could be a preview of the NFC title game right here.

This will be a fair test for both teams....Seattle defense is better and both teams offense can be domineering. If Seattle can control the line scrimmage they should win...but close.

The key will be shutting down J Jones and I think Sherman can do that.

Yeah if this game was in Atlanta and I was a seattle fan I would be worried about this game but coming into seattle the loudest outdoor stadium in the country playing in the cold,that wont bode will for the falcons plus the fact the Hawks have had two weeks to get some R and R to get prepared for this game,I cant see them losing this game.

They will also have quite a few bruises playing the donkeys facing that physical defense as well so they wont be fresh where the seahawks will.

They also wont be playing against a QB making his very first NFL start fresh out of college either.lol

For all those reasons,I think seattle fans can pretty much relax for this particular game.

Yeah if this game was in Atlanta and I was a seattle fan I would be worried about this game but coming into seattle the loudest outdoor stadium in the country playing in the cold,that wont bode will for the falcons plus the fact the Hawks have had two weeks to get some R and R to get prepared for this game,I cant see them losing this game.

They will also have quite a few bruises playing the donkeys facing that physical defense as well so they wont be fresh where the seahawks will.

They also wont be playing against a QB making his very first NFL start fresh out of college either.lol

For all those reasons,I think seattle fans can pretty much relax for this particular game.

I wouldn't use the word "relax" thinking about the game with Atlanta.

There are some questions about the Denver game which did not reveal the true power of the Falcons. As you stated the Donkeys didn't stand much of a chance playing ANY team with the QB they had suit up for a match with one of the better teams in the NFL.

On paper Atlanta will be facing a much different Offense than the one Denver fielded. Denver lost 23-16. They should have been totally blown out...probably by 3-4 TDs. Denver only lost by one score. That was pretty pathetic. We can assume that the Seahawks will put up a lot more than 16 points.

I believe the Hawks will win but if Ryan gets hot it might be a high scoring game. Something like 35-21 Seahawks.

boy now I see what you mean Huggy that you were glad the hawks let russel okung go how he was always committing penaltys that cost them games.I was watching the chargers and broncos game thursday night and sure enough he committed a holding penalty at the worst critical time of the game for the donkeys that cost them the game.Had he not committed it,the donkeys would have gotten a touchdown which was taken away from them and unltimately cost them the game.

I am sure all seattle fans who saw that game were saying good riddance and things like-that was why we wisely let him go.lol

Stats show Seattle is #1 in pass defense while Atlanta is #27...in Rush defense Seattle is #3 while Atlanta is 16th. In overall defense shows Seattle #1 While the Falcons rank #26.

Those stats show why Seattle will win.

Chancellor and Clark are game time decisions... Kam with a groin pull and Frank with a sore hammy. Both injuries were sustained in practice. Chancellor has lost a step since he was the enforcer a couple of seasons ago. Him sitting out isn't the problem it was then..this is now. Clark hasn't been healthy enough yet this season to show what a great pass rusher he could have been.
We have plenty of people to step in for both of these guys on Defense.

So far the Offense is healthy with the exception of the residual effects of the injuries to Wilson's legs. Still, he should have better mobility than the last couple of games.

The Eagles, Vikings and Seahawks have all given up around 12 points a game so far. They are clearly the best Defenses in the NFL. The heady 35 points a game produced by Atlanta in their first five games will get a reality check tomorrow. They may well do better than the 12 points but no more than 20. The Atlanta Defense isn't all that great. At home with Wilson's Offense rested I think the Hawks should produce 28-31.

It really will come down to how many gift yards the Hawks get from the refs on bogus PI calls. The Seahawk's style of pass Defense has been under some special scrutiny so far this season. Sherman has been the victim of much of the deference given to receivers playing the Seahawks. We will see if the refs let the players play.

Refs just let Sherman get away with a pass interference (grabbed his arm) on Julio Jones near the end of the game. Even the announcers saw it. What a joke!

Chancellor and Clark are game time decisions... Kam with a groin pull and Frank with a sore hammy. Both injuries were sustained in practice. Chancellor has lost a step since he was the enforcer a couple of seasons ago. Him sitting out isn't the problem it was then..this is now. Clark hasn't been healthy enough yet this season to show what a great pass rusher he could have been.
We have plenty of people to step in for both of these guys on Defense.

So far the Offense is healthy with the exception of the residual effects of the injuries to Wilson's legs. Still, he should have better mobility than the last couple of games.

The Eagles, Vikings and Seahawks have all given up around 12 points a game so far. They are clearly the best Defenses in the NFL. The heady 35 points a game produced by Atlanta in their first five games will get a reality check tomorrow. They may well do better than the 12 points but no more than 20. The Atlanta Defense isn't all that great. At home with Wilson's Offense rested I think the Hawks should produce 28-31.

It really will come down to how many gift yards the Hawks get from the refs on bogus PI calls. The Seahawk's style of pass Defense has been under some special scrutiny so far this season. Sherman has been the victim of much of the deference given to receivers playing the Seahawks. We will see if the refs let the players play.

Well...I called it. The officials decided the game by allowing Sherman to grab Jones's right arm. I don't like it any better when we get a game GIVEN to us any better than when the refs steal one. I mean that.

It's not like the game was totally within the Falcons grip even if the PI had been called. Still, other than that it was a good hard fought contest.

I was pissed when the player that chop blocked Bennett wasn't called for it. The officials missed some pretty obvious shit.
I know Poopy-Goo-Goo would just say a win is a win...blah...blah..blah but if Bennett is out for a few weeks because of an illegal block that probably tore up Bennett's ACL it may well add up to losses down the road without his ferocious pass rush.

Refs just let Sherman get away with a pass interference (grabbed his arm) on Julio Jones near the end of the game. Even the announcers saw it. What a joke!

Like Sherman said in a post game interview....he thought the refs missed a couple pass interference on the Falcons earlier on...and those things usually even out.
But I always get a kick out of East Coast talking heads when calls go against East Coast teams. I guess without controversies they wouldn't...one: have anything to talk about and...two: they would be out of a job.

Wow the Falcons are for real.They are a real superbowl contender.I never saw them staying toe to toe with them on the road in seattle out in the cold like that.I said that so far they had not faced a good team yet in scoring a bunch of touchdowns so that if they came out and scored a lot of touchdowns against the Seahawks defense,this team was for real.Well they indeed are for real no doubt.

I heard they were down by three touchdowns at one time in the second half. To lose by just field goal is pretty impressive. This Falcons team is for sure the best they have had since Matt Ryan has been there.It is the first time he has had a defense.

I was shocked Hauschka, our place kicker, the center and Ryan the holder blew a FG and an extra point. Uncharacteristically the Hawks Defense screwed the pooch on both of Atlanta's last two TDs. Our DBs were definitely NOT on the same page. Sherman looked like he had a mind to kill somebody. Hey RICHARD!!!! It's only a game!!!!

New Topics

Forum List

Back