Atl/Sea Game Should Be Awarded To Seattle.

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
The NFL rules state that a practice field goal of the type performed with six seconds left is not allowed. But there is no specific remedy for just THAT.

There are two remedies which could have been imposed.

Unsportsmanlike conduct or delay of game within 2 min.

Unsportsmanlike conduct recieves a 15 yard penalty.

Delay of Game is 5 yards BUT inside of 2 min remaining in a half ten seconds is run off the clock which in the Sea/Atl would have ended the game.

Yes Carroll was an idiot for calling his alleged time out. But with the whistle blown for the time out the other team, in this case Atlanta, cannot proceed to snap the ball and practice the field goal...which is exactly what they did. Cheating is unsportsmanlike conduct.

The NFL has the authority to protest a game where unethical actions contribute directly or indirectly to the outcome.

Carroll was a moron to call the TO. He is a bigger moron if he does not officially protest the FG practice as it directly contributed to the outcome.

Last edited:
The NFL rules state that a practice field goal of the type performed with six seconds left is not allowed. But there is no specific remedy for just THAT.

There are two remedies which could have been imposed.

Unsportsmanlike conduct or delay of game within 2 min.

Unsportsmanlike conduct recieves a 15 yard penalty.

Delay of Game is 5 yards BUT inside of 2 min remaining in a half ten seconds is run off the clock which in the Sea/Atl would have ended the game.

Yes Carroll was an idiot for calling his alleged time out. But with the whistle blown for the time out the other team, in this case Atlanta, cannot proceed to snap the ball and practice the field goal...which is exactly what they did. Cheating is unsportsmanlike conduct.

The NFL has the authority to protest a game where unethical actions contribute directly or indirectly to the outcome.

Carroll was a moron to call the TO. He is a bigger moron if he does not officially protest the FG practice as it directly contributed to the outcome.

Seahawks looked great, very tough to win two games on the road in the Playoffs...

I thought the Falcons where toast, great play by Ryan to pull it off...

Pete has turned that franchise around, they have a bright future, we will see what the football gods have in store...

Now my Texans at least showed up today, if they had only won one of their last three games they could be hosting the AFC Championship game next Sunday, oh well...

I'm sure Seattle would want a blown call reversed in the belief of fair play. ie Packer game.

Go fuck yourself. The punk ass refs told both coaches before the game not to do practice field goals or they would be charged with a delay of game. Then Atlanta came out and did it anyway and the pussy refs didn't call it. Atlanta cheated..brole the rules...ignored specific referrie instruction and the fucking refs did nothing about it.

Fuck Atlanta and fuck you asshole.

All the respect I had for Seattle and their heroic comeback is lost as a bunch of whiny losers try to cover for a loss

Makes you glad they didn't advance

All the respect I had for Seattle and their heroic comeback is lost as a bunch of whiny losers try to cover for a loss

Yep, when the break in the game goes their way, they are happy and feel justified, but just as in the Super Bowl with Pittsburgh, the whining has begun.

Sorry, but if you are in the position that one bad call makes or breaks you, you deserve what you get, suck it up, take it like a man and move on.

The field goal attempt happens like that in many games, all year long, every year, only now does Huggy want it called.

Even the radio stations in Seattle downplayed the whole deal. Nice to see Hawk fans grow up into real NFL fans, hopefully Huggy may grow up and show class.

Yep, when the break in the game goes their way, they are happy and feel justified, but just as in the Super Bowl with Pittsburgh, the whining has begun.

Sorry, but if you are in the position that one bad call makes or breaks you, you deserve what you get, suck it up, take it like a man and move on.

The field goal attempt happens like that in many games, all year long, every year, only now does Huggy want it called.

Even the radio stations in Seattle downplayed the whole deal. Nice to see Hawk fans grow up into real NFL fans, hopefully Huggy may grow up and show class.

I saw the SuperBowl against Pittsburgh and thought they had a legitimate gripe against the refs

But then when they celebrate the worst call in history with replacement refs and whine about a practice kick after a late time out ....shows how far they have to go as fans

Guess that is what 30 years of losing does to you

I was all set to post; "I don't believe what I just saw!" :eek:

I left to do something else when it was 20-7 or something but came back to see them take the lead! But it just wasn't meant to be. :(

Carroll should have just let the Atlanta kicker kick without calling a TO.

ICING THE KICKER NEVER GODAMN WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ICING THE KICKER NEVER GODAMN WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently most of you guys haven't been paying attention. The refs told the coaches pre game that they did not want any practice FG kicking or the team that did it would be penalized for delay of game. Either the T/O was called or it wasn't. If it was called after the first FG snap then the play should have counted as a missed FG. If the snap was after the T/O was called then Atlanta willfully ignored the ref's pre game instructions and should have been penalized.

Now why is my discussion of these facts whining? Either Atlanta followed the rules both teams were expected to play under or they didn't. If one does not play under the rules both teams are expected to follow then we call that..CHEATING.

I keep hearing that the mutual possession catch in the GB game was cheating. That is nonsense. The NFL held up the ruling on the field and the replay officials at the game were full time NFL officials.

Carroll has stated publically that the teams were warned pre game about the practice FG kicking. If he is lying the NFL must fine him for doing so. They do not take to well coaches or players defaming refs.

Last edited:

Apparently most of you guys haven't been paying attention. The refs told the coaches pre game that they did not want any practice FG kicking or the team that did it would be penalized for delay of game. Either the T/O was called or it wasn't. If it was called after the first FG snap then the play should have counted as a missed FG. If the snap was after the T/O was called then Atlanta willfully ignored the ref's pre game instructions and should have been penalized.

Now why is my discussion of these facts whining? Either Atlanta followed the rules both teams were expected to play under or they didn't. If one does not play under the rules both teams are expected to follow then we call that..CHEATING.

I keep hearing that the mutual possession catch in the GB game was cheating. That is nonsense. The NFL held up the ruling on the field and the replay officials at the game were full time NFL officials.

Carroll has stated publically that the teams were warned pre game about the practice FG kicking. If he is lying the NFL must fine him for doing so. They do not take to well coaches or players defaming refs.

Strange that the NFL is not backing up Carrolls misinterpretation. The warning obviously referred to practice kicks like the one in Baltimore- Denver here the kicker trotted out to make a kick
Of course, known cheater Carroll tries to apply it when he calls time out just as a kicker starts to kick

Link to anywhere that the NFL backs Carrolls whining on this

Huggy, this is a joke thread, right?

He called the time out as the play was starting. The players were just following through.

I was rooting for Seattle, but c'mon. This often happens when the coach tries to ice the kicker.

Huggy, this is a joke thread, right?

He called the time out as the play was starting. The players were just following through.

I was rooting for Seattle, but c'mon. This often happens when the coach tries to ice the kicker.

No. This is certainly NOT a joke thread. If the T/O was called as the play was started then the results of the play must stand. If it was the case that the opposing team could call T/O's during a play then most of the touchdowns by wide open recievers would have been negated by a time out as soon as the defense see's it has blown a coverage.

Carroll is a moron. If the whistle for the T/O was blown after the snap as ALL Atlanta fans insist then Carroll should have sent his offense out on the field the second the first FG try missed. There is no rule that a team cannot have it's players on the field during a time out. That would have forced the refs to consider the situation more carefully and when the T/O had expired awarded the ball to the Seattle offense at the spot the FG was tried.

Forum List

Back