Athiest Playbook

Those are views from THOUSANDS of years ago and due to culture and the words that were written by MEN in your book.

Is that all? You are a more valuable specimen because you are more modern? And God could not use the hands of man to write down His Word? That is another deal breaker for you?

One thing that those "men" wrote was "an evil age is eager for a sign, but no sign will be given it except that of Jonah" (i.e. Jesus three days in the tomb as Jonah was three days in the belly of the great fish).

"No sign given" because every sign, wonder, and miracle manifested since the resurrection is rejected by evil or selfish or indifferent man because they have ears but refuse to hear and eyes but refuse to see. Fatima, Lourdes, Zeitoun, Guadalupe, The Shroud of Turin, the weeping statues of Mary and Jesus, the stigmata on saints, the manifestation of the devil in exorcisms, near death experiences, incorruptible saints --- all signs given but man wants no part of. But God also gave man a free will because he desires you to choose to love Him, he has enough angels, man is higher than the angels.

Last edited:
I'm an agnostic but I know many atheists and many religious people.

I've never seen the 'atheist playbook'. Do they have any plays where the quarterback, running back, and wide receiver are all one person? And one of them is a ghost?

Well you appear to do a fine job running their patterns without ever having seen the actual playbook. (imo)

Those are views from THOUSANDS of years ago and due to culture and the words that were written by MEN in your book.

Is that all? You are a more valuable specimen because you are more modern? And God could not use the hands of man to write down His Word? That is another deal breaker for you?

One thing that those "men" wrote was "an evil age is eager for a sign, but no sign will be given it except that of Jonah" (i.e. Jesus three days in the tomb as Jonah was three days in the belly of the great fish).

"No sign given" because every sign, wonder, and miracle manifested since the resurrection is rejected by evil or selfish or indifferent man because they have ears but refuse to hear and eyes but refuse to see. Fatima, Lourdes, Zeitoun, Guadalupe, The Shroud of Turin, the weeping statues of Mary and Jesus, the stigmata on saints, the manifestation of the devil in exorcisms, near death experiences, incorruptible saints --- all signs given but man wants no part of. But God also gave man a free will because he desires you to choose to love Him, he has enough angels, man is higher than the angels.
We understand every holy book dedicates a chapter to doubters.

Who said anything about Catholicism? The person wrote that Jesus said God.... Are you telling me only Catholics believe Jesus said...?

Many Protestant sects discount what Jesus taught about marriage, while Catholics/Orthodox continue to take the ideal marriage seriously. This goes way back to the Old Testament analogy of God wedded to His people; as Christ wedded to his Church. In following this ideal, just as God would never break with His people, or Christ with his Church, neither should husband or wife break their wedding bond. Catholics believe that the couple makes their vows before God and that it is God who joins them.

W
Who said anything about Catholicism? The person wrote that Jesus said God.... Are you telling me only Catholics believe Jesus said...?

Many Protestant sects discount what Jesus taught about marriage, while Catholics/Orthodox continue to take the ideal marriage seriously. This goes way back to the Old Testament analogy of God wedded to His people; as Christ wedded to his Church. In following this ideal, just as God would never break with His people, or Christ with his Church, neither should husband or wife break their wedding bond. Catholics believe that the couple makes their vows before God and that it is God who joins them.
What do Protestants think? Are they not pledging to God in sickness and health till death?

What do Protestants think? Are they not pledging to God in sickness and health till death?

I do not know the Protestant reasoning behind divorce, so I can't speak for them. My best friend, like Trump, was a Presbyterian, her father the minister who married her. She divorced without no problem, no restrictions. I do not know why/when Protestants began to embrace the idea of divorce and remarriage.

The shroud of Turin?

Radiocarbon 14 dating of the Shroud of Turin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The shroud of Turin?

Yeah, got it.

I can help you out there if interested.

FYI -- your friend Science has demonstrated its supernatural qualities in multiple examinations.

The shroud of Turin?

Yeah, got it.

I can help you out there if interested.

FYI -- your friend Science has demonstrated its supernatural qualities in multiple examinations.

I have a piece of the True Cross that I will sell you for $100 (plus postage and handling)......

If ever a theist stumps you, come here and post what they said. There isn't one argument for God that doesn't come without some fatal flaw.

Today I was having breakfast and listening to some stupid hillbillies talking about abortion and what the bible says. Then it hits me just how far gone theists are. Where would I even begin with this woman? Doesn't she realize men wrote that book? Why do I care what guys 1500 years ago wrote about a guy 2000 years ago? Imagine if people 1500 years ago could come know what we know now. Do you think people today would swallow such stories? Actually 200 years ago a large segment of us swallowed the Joseph Smith story and Arabs swallow the Mohammad experience.

You're all swallowing a 2000 or 7000 year old story if you count the founders of our lie the Jews. Moses is a myth. Let's stop this nonsense. It's holding us back.

I don't believe what they said happened happened 2000 years ago. So stop telling me what your story book says. We don't buy it! So what other reasons do you think "we are the only animals on this planet that God made in his image"

That is what the woman in the restaurant said. What possibly would make her believe this? A 2000 year old story? Imagine how much smarter we are today than we were 2000 years ago. I really hope we aren't as dumb as we are now 2000 years from now

The one constant among atheists is their inability to understand faith, or more exactly faith that doesn't line up with their own worldview.
Personally, I have no problem with theists, as long as they aren't trying to turn this nation into a Theocracy. All Theocracies have shown themselves to be oppressive, brutal, and murderous toward non-believers.

I have a piece of the True Cross that I will sell you for $100 (plus postage and handling)......

Yeah, thanks. And I have a 5 year old neighbor playing in the sand box. You two would get along famously.

You did not bother to read that wikipedia article you submitted to try and discredit the shroud, did you?

Because if you did you would have read all the scientific objections to the radio carbon dating findings. Then if you read the footnote articles it would become even more evident that cloth is very likely from the time of Christ. And if you really did a serious examination you would --- if coherent --- realized all the scientific findings of the qualities on that cloth would be totally impossible for any forger even of today to have created, much less from medieval times.

But do not let that stop you pushing your narrative --- after all, you have a mission and no shroud or bleeding statues are going to get in your way.

Forum List

Back