Athie billboards

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raGfOj5k008]YouTube - Atheist Watch: Atheist Billboard Removed In California[/ame] Attacking vulnerable children, are we gonna sit back and let this happen?

Let what happen? The company decided they didn't want to rent their billboard for such a message. Its' their right.

Athiests want to broadcast they can always buy their own billboard, and nobody could force them to take it down (provided it is equally unoffensive).

PS, I don't think the billboard is inappropriate, but the person who decides what goes on there is the owner. No one else.

So much for freedom of Religion.

I guess you can be free to express your opinion if you're a Jew or a Christian, but not an Athiest.

You're a fucking idiot, lwc. Do you ever read anything?

They can buy their own billboard and nobody will prevent them from posting their sign on it. They can gather and have their non-services whenever they like.

But "freedom of religion" and "freedom of speech" does not consist of forcing private parties to host your rubbish. That's not freedom, it's the opposite, oppression.

I find it alarming and depressing that so many people confuse freedom with oppression. But you guys do it all the time.

Last edited:
Listen to them whine. People are getting tire of you pushing your (no god theory) and they're gonna start pushing back, you wanted religion out of gov. we didn't like it but we live with it. Then you didn't want prayer in schools, you couldn't corrupt your kids with your no god law if they heard prayer in schools, but now your trying to take god out of america and america just ain't gonna stand for it. There gonna have to treat you like leprosy, cause that what your turning into a disease on mankind.

Listen to them whine. People are getting tire of you pushing your (no god theory) and they're gonna start pushing back, you wanted religion out of gov. we didn't like it but we live with it. Then you didn't want prayer in schools, you couldn't corrupt your kids with your no god law if they heard prayer in schools, but now your trying to take god out of america and america just ain't gonna stand for it. There gonna have to treat you like leprosy, cause that what your turning into a disease on mankind.

So....what you are saying is you don't believe in freedom of religion?

I do a lot of driving and I see many many billboards with religious messages. I've never seen any athiest ones. Interesting. Who's really squashing who?

Let what happen? The company decided they didn't want to rent their billboard for such a message. Its' their right.

Athiests want to broadcast they can always buy their own billboard, and nobody could force them to take it down (provided it is equally unoffensive).

PS, I don't think the billboard is inappropriate, but the person who decides what goes on there is the owner. No one else.

Indeed, and I am an atheist.
Now, if only we would let restaurant owners decide if they want to allow smoking in their own personal place of business.

I do not find the ad to be offensive.

I do respect the right of the billboard owner to make its own decision as to whom it will sell to. If other customers complain and threaten to pull their ads (an idea that I personally find reprehensible) and the billboard owner decides not to sell the ad, then that is the owner's right.

The government has nothing to do with this case and I cannot see that there is a violation of the right to free speech involved here. The First Amendment prohits the government from interfering with the right of free speech. It does not require private entities to grant free speech rights.

Immie

YouTube - Atheist Watch: Atheist Billboard Removed In California Attacking vulnerable children, are we gonna sit back and let this happen?

On one hand, I disagree with the arguement that if you pay for advertisement, that the contract must be kept despite protests--that could ruin the advertisement company business. Also, if some hate group put up a sign such as "Imagine no Jews" Or "Imagine no Blacks" or "Imagine no Hispanics" fair minded citizens not only have a right, but a duty to denounce such signs.

Imagine no Religion is a an attack against those people who wish to raise their children in their chosen faith. It can be construed as Hate speech.

On the other hand, I do not see how this is an attack on Children. The Children should question everything they see and even their own parent s when they begin to talk about miracles, Santa Claus and the Easter bunny and other strange fairytales that fall out of religion. Surely, the kids cannot believe it. But then, some kids used to think Tele-tubbies were real so......

Welll you are trying to corrupt us with your (God Theory) and not just recently, but for the past 2000 years!! Now you get upset because people do not prefer you to teach their kids questionable Theological materials. Your desire to fill the halls of government with Jess Christ and label every federal item with "In God we trust" is a sign of religious madness? What, are you afraid that "OUTSIDERS" would claim a right to the Republic? Or is it an innate desire to exclude all non-Christians from their natural born rights under the constitution?

Religious extremism is a psychiatric disease!! See Radical Islam!! See Army of God!! SEE THE MIRROR!!

Last edited:

Welll you are trying to corrupt us with your (God Theory) and not just recently, but for the past 2000 years!! Now you get upset because people do not prefer you to teach their kids questionable Theological materials. Your desire to fill the halls of government with Jess Christ and label every federal item with "In God we trust" is a sign of religious madness? What, are you afraid that "OUTSIDERS" would claim a right to the Republic? Or is it an innate desire to exclude all non-Christians from their natural born rights under the constitution?

Religious extremism is a psychiatric disease!! See Radical Islam!! See Army of God!! SEE THE MIRROR!!

do you celebrate christmas what do you tell your kids of santa claus

I do respect the right of the billboard owner to make its own decision as to whom it will sell to. If other customers complain and threaten to pull their ads (an idea that I personally find reprehensible) and the billboard owner decides not to sell the ad, then that is the owner's right.

The government has nothing to do with this case and I cannot see that there is a violation of the right to free speech involved here. The First Amendment prohits the government from interfering with the right of free speech. It does not require private entities to grant free speech rights.

Immie

Exactly...it's private property...but the double standard is interesting.

Immie

Exactly...it's private property...but the double standard is interesting.

I'm sorry, are you stating that I have a double standard?

Are you stating that I think that if an athiest owned an advertising medium that I believe that the athiest should be compelled to sell to a religious organization or are you stating that others believe that?

Just trying to understand where you are coming from on that, because I don't believe the athiest should be so compelled.

Immie

Forum List

Back