Atheists

Any other atheists here? I am looking for others like myself and also looking for some good books on atheists and atheism someone would recommend.

I highly recommend "The Scottish Buddist Cookbook" written by a close friend Jay Craig. You will find within it some very humorous and wise words.. Some of them about me.. :lol:

A must read for atheists!

http://scottishbuddhistcookbook.com/21101.html

Last edited:
Atheists need a bible too. Even though they claim to not be a religion :eusa_whistle: :D

book_large_atheist.jpg

Why should we have to live under a christian dictatorship? From our money to the pledge of allegiance in school which my kids are forced to recite to my license plate...I mean shit I can go on and on...I mean hell the next time I go to court for a ticket or something and they try and put me under oath I am gonna say no because god doesn't exist and I won't swear to anything so help me god.

You don't live under a christian dictatorship but a constitutional republic founded on judeao-christian principles.

Your kid is free to not recite the pledge or do what I used to do and say "one nation, under me, indvisible....." Also by saying "one nation under god" that could be the christian, catholic, muslim, jewish, or any number of religion's god, it is not endorsing one specific religion. Nor does "In god we trust" endorse any specific religions.

As far as the oath why say no? Just say yes since you believe god doesn't exist saying you "swear to god" shouldn't mean anything at all to you.

No need to show intolerance towards those of faith regardless of if they have been tolerant with you or not, be the bigger and better person.

Wrong. We are not founded on christian principles...
Which is obvious when you compare Christian principles to our National principles:
Exodus 20:3
Deuteronomy 17:2 - 5

VS.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; ..."
It cannot be argued that Christian principles are in any way consistent with a nation that values and protects the rights individuals without regard to their religious status.

... we are a secular nation which is why the separation of church and state is there.
And this is a fundamental reason for why this nation is awesome!
AwesomeMeter.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back