Atheists

Dissent

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
FEMA region 4
Any other atheists here? I am looking for others like myself and also looking for some good books on atheists and atheism someone would recommend.

Try Robert Sapolsky.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNnIGh9g6fA]1. Introduction to Human Behavioral Biology - YouTube[/ame]

This whole class was brilliant. Gives you every inch of human mind.

Any other atheists here? I am looking for others like myself and also looking for some good books on atheists and atheism someone would recommend.

Atheists are dreamers. Try a book about the tooth fairy.

The funniest thing I have ever heard in my life is an Atheist say "I swear to God that I'm an Atheist."

I'm no longer an atheist but here are a few good books

The Portable Atheist by Christopher Hitchens

Theism or Atheism: The great alternative by Chapman Cohen

Godless: how an evangelical preacher became one of america's leading atheists by Dan Barker

The funniest thing I have ever heard in my life is an Atheist say "I swear to God that I'm an Atheist."

Hey, I swear to god that I am an atheists too!!:tongue:

Self destructing sentences are of interest to some philosophers. You should look it up sometimes.

And why do you have to denegrate people of faith with your avatar? Just curious....do you like it when people of faith give you a hard time for being an Atheist? If you don't than maybe you should try giving them the respect you want for yourself.

Btw, what does your avatar say? Idiots? :happy-1:

Last edited:

And why do you have to denegrate people of faith with your avatar? Just curious....do you like it when people of faith give you a hard time for being an Atheist? If you don't than maybe you should try giving them the respect you want for yourself.

Hey Pilgrim, that's a REALLY dumb hat.:disbelief:

The "swear to god" phrase has been detached from actual religious connotation for a long time. It's just something you say...like Jesus Christ. I say that, but I can assure you it has no real religious meaning while it's being said.

I always wondered--if god want us to know him, why does he make man so ignorant that he can not tell what is his words versus what is made up gobbidy guck?

Hey Pilgrim, that's a REALLY dumb hat.:disbelief:

maybe you should try reccommending the guy a book about atheism that you read and thought was worth reccommending, I gave him 3. You can insult the pilgrim hat avatar if you want but we have a whole section called the flame zone for that stuff and you should just make a thread for me there.

Dissent, please forgive me, but I can tell you what one good book says on the subject of atheism:
Psalm 14:1-3 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."
1249840069537.jpg

Lol...I have gone from hating religion to just realizing god doesn't exist its just like believing in the easter bunny and santa claus IMO

I'm no longer an atheist but here are a few good books

The Portable Atheist by Christopher Hitchens

Theism or Atheism: The great alternative by Chapman Cohen

Godless: how an evangelical preacher became one of america's leading atheists by Dan Barker
Thank you. Godless is on my to read list but my library doesn't have it yet...will look up the other 2.

I find religion amusing and kind of child like...its like believing in santa claus and easter bunny etc...just the idea of a being in the sky dictating how to run our lives is amusing and laughable to me...what's even weirder is my wife is a christian in the sense she believes in god,we are raising our kids to be free thinkers just letting them choose for themselves.
Btw, what does your avatar say? Idiots? :happy-1:
Yes. :D I am going to get a bumper sticker to battle the ones that says tolerance with the religious symbols mine will say fiction.

Why should we have to live under a christian dictatorship? From our money to the pledge of allegiance in school which my kids are forced to recite to my license plate...I mean shit I can go on and on...I mean hell the next time I go to court for a ticket or something and they try and put me under oath I am gonna say no because god doesn't exist and I won't swear to anything so help me god.

Dissent, please forgive me, but I can tell you what one good book says on the subject of atheism:
Psalm 14:1-3 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

OMG! It was written in ....a.... A BOOK!!!!:ack-1:

Oh, I'm sorry ima, did Dissent ask for..........a........ good movie?

If it's a book that covers atheism he's after, why not choose the most widely dispersed book in the world? The one that tops sales every year, and the most quoted book in the country.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back