Atheists

There is no atheist experience.

I do not believe in the man in the sky and I do not follow anyone else's idea of spirituality.

Buddhism is just as dogma laden as any theistic religion. I got kicked out of catechism in third grade and haven't attended a church or religious ceremony since and I have not "experienced" any ill effects personal or societal.

Atheists who say they are discriminated against are just whiners like most of you sheep.

It is not Atheists with the annual whine about Chritmas being taken away and no God in School

You are right, they are another bunch who, like the pro-choice crowd, think that now that the government is on their side everyone else should just STFU. Turn the tables on them and you'll hear them squawking again. Amazing how many people think the freedom of speech should only be extended to them.

Immie

I'm OK with teaching that God doesn't exist in our schools. See if the Christian right complains

It is not Atheists with the annual whine about Chritmas being taken away and no God in School

You are right, they are another bunch who, like the pro-choice crowd, think that now that the government is on their side everyone else should just STFU. Turn the tables on them and you'll hear them squawking again. Amazing how many people think the freedom of speech should only be extended to them.

Immie

I'm OK with teaching that God doesn't exist in our schools. See if the Christian right complains

Of course you are, but turn the tables and you would be right there with others screaming about it and frothing at the mouth to take away the "Christian Right's" right to free speech.

Immie

Immie

Of course you are, but turn the tables and you would be right there with others screaming about it and frothing at the mouth to take away the "Christian Right's" right to free speech.

Immie

Immie

I'm all for it if you are

Here's the deal. Send your Christian children to school and let them spend a month learning about ALL the Christian religions. Then have a Rabbi come in for a month and teach why they do not believe Jesus is the son of God then have an Imam come in for a month and teach why Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world
Lastly, let an atheist come in for a month and teach why scientific evidence does not support any religion

Schools are for education. Let your child learn about all his religious choices and make his own decision

Immie

Immie

Here's the deal. Send your Christian children to school and let them spend a month learning about ALL the Christian religions. Then have a Rabbi come in for a month and teach why they do not believe Jesus is the son of God then have an Imam come in for a month and teach why Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world
Lastly, let an atheist come in for a month and teach why scientific evidence does not support any religion

Schools are for education. Let your child learn about all his religious choices and make his own decision

I have absolutely no problem with the different religious leaders coming to a public school to teach about their faiths. I am and always have been for comparative religion classes in public schools. I think fifth or sixth grade would be an excellent time for such a thing. That was when my school did sex ed. This timing is just before the kids start really becoming bigots. The best way to teach them not to hate is to get them to respect others for who they are rather than who the student thinks they are.

My kids cannot learn about the Jewish faith as well from me as they can from someone who is Jewish. Nor can they learn about Buddhists or Muslims of JW's or Mormons from me as well as they can from the people who are part of those faiths, because I don't know everything about those faiths and there is no way for me to really know about those faiths if I do not participate in them.

I think your idea is a fabulous one. How about we bring this up to our local school boards?

edit: Oh, and I said public school. I don't think it should be restricted to public schools, I think private school students would be better served by this as well even those who are in religious schools such as the one at my church.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

Immie

I couldn't agree more with you. It's a great lesson in critical thought and I think lack of emphasis on teaching critical thought in our schools is one of the major roots of problems we have in our society today.

Immie

Immie

I couldn't agree more with you. It's a great lesson in critical thought and I think lack of emphasis on teaching critical thought in our schools is one of the major roots of problems we have in our society today.

What have you got to lose?

Let your Christian kids come home and tell how they learned that Jesus was just a regular man. I'm atheist....I never had a problem with my kids learning about religion. One of my sons believes, the other doesn't

Immie

What have you got to lose?

Let your Christian kids come home and tell how they learned that Jesus was just a regular man. I'm atheist....I never had a problem with my kids learning about religion. One of my sons believes, the other doesn't
Exactly. But, there are plenty who value quantity rather than quality of faith. Quantity in bamboozling more bodies into a faith (like many Muslims feel is necessary - practicing no birth control - for example) vs. quality of faith - one's faith is solid enough that it can withstand critical scrutiny. I'll go with valuing quality of faith any day. Quantity of faith is doomed for disaster, especially when the numbers are extraordinarily high and the deception is even higher.

Last edited:
Why don't you just tell us the "There are no atheists in foxholes" nonsense

Because Atheists are usually hyper-sensitive and full of themselves and it pleases me to piss them off. Now that I've gotten you guys, I'll tell you that another thing I like to post is the study about humans being wired to believe in God and another study about atheists being given a lie detector test and asked if they believe in God (and they all fail the test).

An atheist is a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings. That's huge. So it begs the question, what kind of proof would an atheist require to believe in god?
There is no proof that God exists.

There is no proof that God doesn't exist.

A belief is a trust or confidence in the existence of or truth about something without any proof.

Thus, just as a person of faith knows there is a god, one who claims to know there is no God bases that claim on a belief. As faith is a set of beliefs, atheism must also be a faith.

An agnostic is one who realizes that they have no proof either of the existence of a god, nor of the nonexistence of a god. Lacking any emotional attachment to the topic, it seems as if the most rational approach to the topic would be from the standpoint of an agnostic.

It is strange that people see the statement that there is no proof that God exists and jump to the conclusion that there is no evidence that God exists. Evidence and proof are not the same thing.

There is evidence both for and against the existence of God, and rational people make judgements based on the evidence after they examine it. Irrational people prefer to make judgements based on not examining the evidence, and then assert that they are more rational because they reject the evidence because it does not amount to proof. There are people that believe in God because they are irrational, and there are people that are atheists because they are irrational. Both of these groups reject evidence that does not fit their worldviews, and neither side is capable of listening to reason.

There is no proof that dark matter and dark energy exist. Scientist look around and see that if all they see is all that exists then the universe cannot exist as it is. This is evidence that something exists, and they go about looking for more evidence of what that something is. They rationally examine the evidence, and reach conclusions based on that evidence. That evidence mostly consists of proof that the other possible explanations are wrong.

The evidence that convinces rational people about God is often subjective, and sometimes comes down to proof that alternative explanations are not possible. Faith is not believing in God without evidence, it is examining the evidence and accepting that it points to something we cannot prove. Not only do I have faith in God, I have faith in science that tells me that other things I cannot see exist. Do not reject God simply because there is no proof He exists.

Because Atheists are usually hyper-sensitive and full of themselves and it pleases me to piss them off. Now that I've gotten you guys, I'll tell you that another thing I like to post is the study about humans being wired to believe in God and another study about atheists being given a lie detector test and asked if they believe in God (and they all fail the test).

An atheist is a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings. That's huge. So it begs the question, what kind of proof would an atheist require to believe in god?
There is no proof that God exists.

There is no proof that God doesn't exist.

A belief is a trust or confidence in the existence of or truth about something without any proof.

Thus, just as a person of faith knows there is a god, one who claims to know there is no God bases that claim on a belief. As faith is a set of beliefs, atheism must also be a faith.

An agnostic is one who realizes that they have no proof either of the existence of a god, nor of the nonexistence of a god. Lacking any emotional attachment to the topic, it seems as if the most rational approach to the topic would be from the standpoint of an agnostic.

It is strange that people see the statement that there is no proof that God exists and jump to the conclusion that there is no evidence that God exists. Evidence and proof are not the same thing.

There is evidence both for and against the existence of God, and rational people make judgements based on the evidence after they examine it. Irrational people prefer to make judgements based on not examining the evidence, and then assert that they are more rational because they reject the evidence because it does not amount to proof. There are people that believe in God because they are irrational, and there are people that are atheists because they are irrational. Both of these groups reject evidence that does not fit their worldviews, and neither side is capable of listening to reason.

There is no proof that dark matter and dark energy exist. Scientist look around and see that if all they see is all that exists then the universe cannot exist as it is. This is evidence that something exists, and they go about looking for more evidence of what that something is. They rationally examine the evidence, and reach conclusions based on that evidence. That evidence mostly consists of proof that the other possible explanations are wrong.

The evidence that convinces rational people about God is often subjective, and sometimes comes down to proof that alternative explanations are not possible. Faith is not believing in God without evidence, it is examining the evidence and accepting that it points to something we cannot prove. Not only do I have faith in God, I have faith in science that tells me that other things I cannot see exist. Do not reject God simply because there is no proof He exists.
I made no statement about my personal view of God. I did state what position is the most solid in a debate about this topic. Emotions tend to cloud rationality in most any debate.

Immie

That's not teaching that's indoctrination.

teaching would be to tell students that there are people who believe in god and people who don't and it's up to each of them to make up their own mind on the matter.

Immie

teaching would be to tell students that there are people who believe in god and people who don't and it's up to each of them to make up their own mind on the matter.

Forcing children to say the Lords Prayer is not indoctrinating?

Forcing children to say the Lords Prayer is not indoctrinating?

They force kids to pray in public school?

Forum List

Back