Atheists like me and Christians like you are almost the same. Look at this...

Then why do most religions have a 'my way or the highway (to hell)' clause?
AC/DC HighWay To Hell - YouTube

I can't speak for most religions.

Nor can you.

I can't speak for ANY of them, thank (insert your preferred Deity here)! Luckily I'm still in America and therefore free to generalize.

I gather from the context that you can speak for some... do any of those NOT have a 'my way or the highway (to hell) clause?

No I speak for myself.

I don't believe Christianity has any such clause. At least not where I worship.

My church teaches us to tell others about Christ and how He blesses us in our lives. It is up to them to accept Him or reject Him.

Whether or not they are condemed to hell is entirely up to them and God.

It's pretty typical for creationist to spew their hate as their arguments are dismantled.

I said nothing hateful. I merely made an observation and by the looks of it, an accurate one.

Actually, no. You're just angry that your sacred cows are challenged and that causes you to lash out like a petulant child.

It's amusing that a few typed words can get you to throw a little hissy fit.

Oh and I'm glad you agree that I said nothing hateful.

How long have you been speaking for everyone?

You never see atheist attempting to take God off currency?

You never see atheist when they attemp to take God off of war memorials?

You never see atheist wanting to take God out of the inaugural address?

Do you live in a cave?

When was God put on the currency and why?
This nation went how long Lone Star without God on the currency?
I suppose you believe the Founders were atheists for not putting it on the currency?
Out of many, one ring a bell Lone Star? What does that mean and why was it INSTEAD OF GOD put on our currency, when and for how long?
Last time I looked war memorials are for those that FOUGHT in the wars, not for a particular religion. Pay some respect to them instead of your God. They fought in the wars, not God. The vets and not God deserve the respect. Taxpayers pay for those memorials and not all of them believe in God.
The word God does not show up in an inaugural address until when Monroe was elected.
How many were before him Lone Star that NEVER mentioned God in their inaugural address? "So help me God" wasn't added until the late 1800s.
Gone are the days in America when the politicians did not pander to the religious right.
Back in the days of the founding of this nation folk knew the difference between shit and shinola and never bought the religious BS that came out of a politicians's mouth.

You didn't answer any of my questions

Therefore none of your questions matter.

The fact is there are atheist seeking to take God off of currency, war memorial, speeches etc...

Where are atheists trying to make it no one can believe in God law?
There are people from many religions seeking to take God off of currency, war memorials and do not want to hear it in speeches.
The subject was atheists are NOT pushing their beliefs ON YOU.
Do not know of any way they can ban it from speeches, new one there.

I said nothing hateful. I merely made an observation and by the looks of it, an accurate one.

Actually, no. You're just angry that your sacred cows are challenged and that causes you to lash out like a petulant child.

It's amusing that a few typed words can get you to throw a little hissy fit.

Oh and I'm glad you agree that I said nothing hateful.
Your hissy fit was actually quite an embarrassment. Although, that's not uncommon for angry creationist. It seems that most angry fundies are not able to accept criticism of their ideology and so tend to lash out as you do.

Oh, and I'm not concerned with your hateful diatribes. They're expected.

I can't speak for most religions.

Nor can you.

I can't speak for ANY of them, thank (insert your preferred Deity here)! Luckily I'm still in America and therefore free to generalize.

I gather from the context that you can speak for some... do any of those NOT have a 'my way or the highway (to hell) clause?

No I speak for myself.

I don't believe Christianity has any such clause. At least not where I worship.

My church teaches us to tell others about Christ and how He blesses us in our lives. It is up to them to accept Him or reject Him.

Whether or not they are condemed to hell is entirely up to them and God.

What does your church teach you when folks tell you they respect your religious beliefs but please KEEP THEM TO YOUR SELF?

How would you like it if people came up to you and stated about your religious beliefs "your religion is a fraud, you are going to burn in hell if you do not convert to my beliefs. You are wrong and I am right"?

Because that is exactly what you are doing.

Here is a list of which Gods an Atheist like me don't believe in compared to which Gods a Christian like you don't believe in.

Agreed - Christians and Athiests are very much in the same category.

Both groups seem to hold the absolute belief that a god either does exists or does not exist despite zero evidence confirming or denying their claims.

When it comes to God, I usually just reply “I don’t know”, because I don’t.

I would feel that they cared about me.

A much better feeling than the feeling you get when some whacked out weirdo tells you they're going to call your boss and *report* your political and religious beliefs to them.

Here is a list of which Gods an Atheist like me don't believe in compared to which Gods a Christian like you don't believe in.

Agreed - Christians and Athiests are very much in the same category.

Both groups seem to hold the absolute belief that a god either does exists or does not exist despite zero evidence confirming or denying their claims.

When it comes to God, I usually just reply “I don’t know”, because I don’t.

Exactly because beliefs or lack of a belief IS NOT SCIENCE.
No one can prove my religious beliefs.
No one can disprove my religious beliefs.

But the big difference is atheists stand on firm ground when they rally against religious influence in government.
A lack of religion is not religious influence on government.

Except you freaks like to pretend that governmental interference and oversight over religion = separation of church and state.

Obviously, by definition, it violates the very stricture you claim to hold so dear.

Except you freaks like to pretend that governmental interference and oversight over religion = separation of church and state.

Obviously, by definition, it violates the very stricture you claim to hold so dear.

WTF is governmental interference and oversight over religion?

15 yards for Bull shitting and 5 more for delay of game.

You are right sort of as right wing Christians do want governmental interference and oversight on Muslims, gay marriage and abortion.

I appreciate the time and effort going into your serious questions and reasons for asking them. I respond as I see it.

1. If you, a Christian today, were born in Pakistan do you think you would be a Christian and preach about Jesus.

Highly doubtful. However there surely are pockets of thousands of Christians living in the most hostile of anti-Christian environments. Some live there, others are tortured there, and others die there simply because they believe in Jesus. This tells me there is something very magnificient of such steadfast beliefs risking life to do so. This tells me the devil is real. But to be more specific to a point you were probably intending to make; most of these Pakistanis will never become Christian through no fault of their own. I am quite certain my God, the Judeo-Christian God will surely take that into account when their lives are over and they are judged. I do not see how that will ever be held against them? You see, I am a Catholic. We believe that the majority of people go to purgatory and very few go directly to heaven or directly to hell. No, that is not Catholic dogma, but it is what many theologians and saints believed.

2. Jesus saith to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. ..what exactly (don't dance around the answer) will happen to the other 71% of the world population that are not Christians after they die?

They will be judged on their own unique existence as life played out for them. They surely can be allowed into heaven, any man or woman. They may be judged on their conscience and how it was violated, on how they treated their fellow man, on how selfish they may have been, on how they may have considered the words of our Lord (if once preached to them) and what their motives were for rejecting it. Lots of scenarios. But that does not mean we as Christians can ignore our duty to share the good news with those who have never heard.

Also what exactly (don't dance around the answer) will happen to the people below in Christian countries that are not religious after they die? Give me a really specific answer please. (don't forget the bible statement above when answering).

When Jesus said "no one comes to the Father but through Me" it means Jesus is the judge of all living creatures. It does not mean they have to be Christian to be allowed into heaven.
This latest group you note will be judged similarly to those in non-Christian nations, except, if they heard the gospel preached or demonstrated in hundreds of ways over scores of years and rejected it all for selfish reasons or foolish reasons, they will judged more harshly than those who never heard. If Johnny was the child of parents who hated religion, then Johnny got no proper schooling or instrutions all the while he lived in such a home. Johnny will likely be judged far less critically for ignoring Christ than would his neighbor Tommy who was given far better opportunity to know and reason it through.

3. What exactly are the other 3,699 Gods and Holy figures out there (I take out the Christan one). Are they all fairy tales but the Christian one is not???

Yes, they are. So what? We already addressed their possible fates, they are not condemned. The evidence for Judaism is irrefutable as G-d intervened. Even more so for Christianity, and even more so for the miracles of the Catholic Church and its many saints.

Why? Is someone out there envious? They need not be. God is merciful to all.

Finally, here is my contribution to your embracement of science.
Jonathan Swift (17th century English satirist) speaking of the achievements of science and its own laurels. ---- "And he, whose fortunes and dispositions have placed him in a convenient station to enjoy the fruits of this noble art; he that can with Epicurus content his ideas with the films and images that fly-off upon his senses from the superficies of things; such a man truly wise, creams off nature, leaving the sour and the dregs for philosophy and reason to lap up. This is the sublime and refined point of felicity, called, the possession of being well deceived; the serene peaceful state of being a fool among knaves."

Last edited:
I love it when I hear that atheists are at war with Christians.

HELLO!

Atheists could care less what your religion is as they oppose ANY AND ALL religious influences on government be it Hindu or Muslim where it favors one religion over another.

The atheists on this forum race around posting sacrilegious garbage about God, attacking the intelligence of Christians, and blathering about how the government should be tasked with the control of the church.....

then expect us to keep from laughing when they say dumb things like "atheists don't care what you believe". Well obviously they care, or they wouldn't spend all their time posting anti-Christian garbage.

Forum List

Back