Atheists like me and Christians like you are almost the same. Look at this...

johnsweeting

Oct 19, 2011
Here is a list of which Gods an Atheist like me don't believe in compared to which Gods a Christian like you don't believe in.

Note: The Christian God is called Yahweh

Also note that they didn't bother to enter all Gods out there in the picture below which are a very stunning 3,700. Listen to it......3,700....Three thousand seven hundred.....
Here is the complete list (click on the link in the quote box below):

Christian logic goes like this....one of these is real and there are 3,699 false ones:

All of these Gods have different views, history, holy figures, scripture, beliefs etc.
The difference of the number of Gods a Christian and an Atheist believe in is 0,02% (1/3700).
I know it is an old term but we just go one God further.

I don't discriminate. I believe in Yahweh as much as the other 3,699 Gods. The reason why I reject the Christian God is the same reason that you don't believe in the other 3,699.
The incomplete list is found below. I hope you get the picture.

10px942.jpg

Are you ready for some different God figures (just some examples of the 3,700 out there):

1. Numakulla - In Australian aboriginal, the Numakulla is a sky god who created all life on Earth, including humans.

257. Altjira - is the sky god of the Arrernte. He was the central god of the Dreamtime who created the Earth, then retired to the sky.

356. Aramazd
- The father of all the gods and goddesses, Aramazd created the heavens and the earth. The first two letters in his name, "AR", are the Armenian root for sun, light, and life.

1578. Glycon - In the middle of the 100s AD, out along the south coast of the Black Sea, Glycon was the son of the God Apollo, who: came to Earth through a miraculous birth, was the Earthly manifestation of divinity, came to earth in fulfillment of divine prophecy, gave his chief believer the power of prophecy, gave believers the power to speak in tongues, performed miracles, healed the sick, and raised the dead.

1873. Zoroaster - was born of a virgin and “immaculate conception by a ray of divine reason.” He was baptized in a river. In his youth he astounded wise men with his wisdom. He was tempted in the wilderness by the devil. He began his ministry at age 30. Zoroaster baptized with water, fire and “holy wind.” He cast out demons and restored the sight to a blind man. He taught about heaven and hell, and revealed mysteries, including resurrection, judgment, salvation and the apocalypse. He had a sacred cup or grail. He was slain. His religion had a eucharist. He was the “Word made flesh.” Zoroaster’s followers expected a “second coming” in the virgin-born Saoshynt or Savior, who is to come in 2341 AD and begin his ministry at age 30, ushering in a golden age.

2025. Attis
- was born on December 25 of the Virgin Nana. He was considered the savior who was slain for the salvation of mankind. His body as bread was eaten by his worshippers. He was both the Divine Son and the Father. On “Black Friday,” he was crucified on a tree, from which his holy blood ran down to redeem the earth. He descended into the underworld. After three days, Attis was resurrected.

2369. Horus
- Born of a virgin, Isis. Only begotten son of the God Osiris. Birth heralded by the star Sirius, the morning star. Ancient Egyptians paraded a manger and child representing Horus through the streets at the time of the winter solstice (about DEC-21). In reality, he had no birth date; he was not a human.

Note: Many of these Gods and Holy figures came way before Jesus. I'm just wondering where Christians got their story from....The Holy figure Zoroaster will resurrect in the year 2341 for example. How about that. Impressive huh....

A Christian would probably answer the question of so many Gods with words like this:

Christianity is the will of God for man today.

I would not make a blanket statement that all other groups are deluded, as I believe there are sincere seekers among many groups who are not aware enough of the doctrine of their group to have an issue with it.

Christianity stands alone and is distinctive from every religion apart form it. Christianity is based on Bible Doctrine, and that is where we distinguish the validity of a group, or an individual's claim to be Christian.

But guess what..A Jewish person would answer like this:

Judaism is the will of God for man today.

I would not make a blanket statement that all other groups are deluded, as I believe there are sincere seekers among many groups who are not aware enough of the doctrine of their group to have an issue with it.

Judaism stands alone and is distinctive from every religion apart form it. Judaism is based on a unique Doctrine, and that is where we distinguish the validity of a group, or an individual's claim to be Judaism.

A Muslim would answer like this:

Islam is the will of God for man today.

Islam stands alone and is distinctive from every religion apart form it. Islam is based on a unique Doctrine, and that is where we distinguish the validity of a group, or an individual's claim to be Muslim.

Please take a wild guess how all the other religions will answer this question....I know...Just change the name Christian, Jewish or Muslim to some other of the many religions out there.

You Christians are not unique in any way shape or form...you just think you are.
Do you realize that:

If you were born in.....

Thailand - You would most likely be a Buddhist
Pakistan - You would most likely be a Muslim
India - You would most likely be a Hindu
Japan - You would most likely be into Shinto
USA - You would most likely be a Christian
As Tom Crusie kids - You would most likely be into Scientology (yes, his two adopted children are in the Scientology church now)
Iran - You would most likely be a Shia Muslim
Iraq - You would most likely be a Sunni Muslim
Israel - You would most likely be Jewish
China - You would most likely be into Taoism and Confucianism
Utah - You would most likely be a Mormon
etc
etc
etc
etc

If you were born in Pakistan do you think you would be a Christian and preach about Jesus. Just give me a Yes/No on this one please. You are only a Christian because of Geography...

By the way..There are only 29% Christians on this earth...These 29% include everyone living in a Christian country...This number even include everyone in the countries below even if a majority don't care about Christianity:

The least religious countries - Percentage that say that "Religion is not important to them" (Recent Gallup Poll) :

Sweden 83%
Denmark 80.5%
Czech Republic 74.5%
Norway 78%
United Kingdom 73%
Finland 70%
France 69.5%
Australia 67.5%
Netherlands 66.5%
New Zealand 66%
Germany 59%
Uruguay 59%
Latvia 58.5%
Hungary 58.5%
Belgium 57.5%
Canada 57%
Switzerland 56%
South Korea 55.5%
Ireland 53%

By the way..these numbers are increasing every year...

Do I have to remind you that the other religions think that Jesus is a false prophet if you would actually ask them and they are 110% sure that they are correct with their Gods, holy figures, scripture and history. They are as sure about their own religion as Christians are about theirs...They don't care about Jesus for one second. They care as much about Jesus as Christians care about the other religions holy figures, holy scripture and religion.

My Questions:

1. If you, a Christian today, were born in Pakistan do you think you would be a Christian and preach about Jesus.

2. When looking at this statement from the Bible:

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

American Standard Version
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Webster's Bible Translation
Jesus saith to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me.

..what exactly (don't dance around the answer) will happen to the other 71% of the world population that are not Christians after they die. Give me a really specific answer please. (don't forget the bible statement above when answering).

Also what exactly (don't dance around the answer) will happen to the people below in Christian countries that are not religious after they die. Give me a really specific answer please. (don't forget the bible statement above when answering).

The least religious countries - Percentage that say that "Religion is not important to them" (Recent Gallup Poll):

Sweden 83%
Denmark 80.5%
Czech Republic 74.5%
Norway 78%
United Kingdom 73%
Finland 70%
France 69.5%
Australia 67.5%
Netherlands 66.5%
New Zealand 66%
Germany 59%
Uruguay 59%
Latvia 58.5%
Hungary 58.5%
Belgium 57.5%
Canada 57%
Switzerland 56%
South Korea 55.5%
Ireland 53%

3. What exactly are the other 3,699 Gods and Holy figures out there (I take out the Christan one). Are they all fairy tales but the Christian one is not???

Here are some examples again (from my earlier post):

Are you ready for some different God figures (just some examples of the 3,700 out there):

1. Numakulla - In Australian aboriginal, the Numakulla is a sky god who created all life on Earth, including humans.

257. Altjira - is the sky god of the Arrernte. He was the central god of the Dreamtime who created the Earth, then retired to the sky.

356. Aramazd
- The father of all the gods and goddesses, Aramazd created the heavens and the earth. The first two letters in his name, "AR", are the Armenian root for sun, light, and life.

1578. Glycon - In the middle of the 100s AD, out along the south coast of the Black Sea, Glycon was the son of the God Apollo, who: came to Earth through a miraculous birth, was the Earthly manifestation of divinity, came to earth in fulfillment of divine prophecy, gave his chief believer the power of prophecy, gave believers the power to speak in tongues, performed miracles, healed the sick, and raised the dead.

1873. Zoroaster - was born of a virgin and “immaculate conception by a ray of divine reason.” He was baptized in a river. In his youth he astounded wise men with his wisdom. He was tempted in the wilderness by the devil. He began his ministry at age 30. Zoroaster baptized with water, fire and “holy wind.” He cast out demons and restored the sight to a blind man. He taught about heaven and hell, and revealed mysteries, including resurrection, judgment, salvation and the apocalypse. He had a sacred cup or grail. He was slain. His religion had a eucharist. He was the “Word made flesh.” Zoroaster’s followers expected a “second coming” in the virgin-born Saoshynt or Savior, who is to come in 2341 AD and begin his ministry at age 30, ushering in a golden age.

2025. Attis
- was born on December 25 of the Virgin Nana. He was considered the savior who was slain for the salvation of mankind. His body as bread was eaten by his worshippers. He was both the Divine Son and the Father. On “Black Friday,” he was crucified on a tree, from which his holy blood ran down to redeem the earth. He descended into the underworld. After three days, Attis was resurrected.

2369. Horus
- Born of a virgin, Isis. Only begotten son of the God Osiris. Birth heralded by the star Sirius, the morning star. Ancient Egyptians paraded a manger and child representing Horus through the streets at the time of the winter solstice (about DEC-21). In reality, he had no birth date; he was not a human.

Note: Many of these Gods and Holy figures came way before Jesus. I'm just wondering where Christians got their story from....The Holy figure Zoroaster will resurrect in the year 2341 for example. How about that. Impressive huh....

Once again..Are all of these fairy tales but the Christian one is not? Don't forget the bible statements below before you answer it:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus saith to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me.

4. If you answer is that Christianity is unique in the above questions then my question is.....Don't you feel pretty good today because you are among the 14% of all people on this earth that will have an after life.

Note: I get to the 14% by first knowing that only 29% on this earth are Christians. I showed in my example that many in Christians countries don't care about religion. When adding all the countries in the Gallup study then it is about 48% of people in Christians countries that are secular (don't care about religion). So I take out 48% from the 29%....

Christians..I just made you day...You are among the 14%....You should go around this day with a really big smile on your face.....Which state do you christians live in...If we live in the same one I will be looking around today for a person with a big smile when I go out today....Maybe it will be you who I see...

Science
made it possible for us humans to fly to the moon.
Religion made it possible for us humans to fly into buildings.

Last edited:
Interesting. Seeing how there is a remarkable similarity between modern religions and now extinct ones such as virgin birth and the great flood perhaps they were based on some singular truth that came before all of them. In that sense there is a value to all of them.

The difference between Atheists like you and Christians is that Christians aren't afraid to actually go to God and learn for themselves.

The difference between Atheists like you and Christians is that Christians aren't afraid to actually go to God and learn for themselves.

More garbage .
If you are happy believing such nonsense , so be it . just keep quiet about it . Stupidity rapidly becomes boring once the initial laughter has finished .

Interesting. Seeing how there is a remarkable similarity between modern religions and now extinct ones such as virgin birth and the great flood perhaps they were based on some singular truth that came before all of them. In that sense there is a value to all of them.

All religions have a piece of God about them, but only one has it as God demands it.

Here is a list of which Gods an Atheist like me don't believe in compared to which Gods a Christian like you don't believe in.

Note: The Christian God is called Yahweh

Also note that they didn't bother to enter all Gods out there in the picture below which are a very stunning 3,700. Listen to it......3,700....Three thousand seven hundred.....
Here is the complete list (click on the link in the quote box below):

Christian logic goes like this....one of these is real and there are 3,699 false ones:

All of these Gods have different views, history, holy figures, scripture, beliefs etc.
The difference of the number of Gods a Christian and an Atheist believe in is 0,02% (1/3700).
I know it is an old term but we just go one God further.

I don't discriminate. I believe in Yahweh as much as the other 3,699 Gods. The reason why I reject the Christian God is the same reason that you don't believe in the other 3,699.
The incomplete list is found below. I hope you get the picture.

10px942.jpg

356. Aramazd

2025. Attis

2369. Horus

A Christian would probably answer the question of so many Gods with words like this:

Christianity is the will of God for man today.

Christianity stands alone and is distinctive from every religion apart form it. Christianity is based on Bible Doctrine, and that is where we distinguish the validity of a group, or an individual's claim to be Christian.

But guess what..A Jewish person would answer like this:

A Muslim would answer like this:

Please take a wild guess how all the other religions will answer this question....I know...Just change the name Christian, Jewish or Muslim to some other of the many religions out there.

You Christians are not unique in any way shape or form...you just think you are.
Do you realize that:

If you were born in.....

Thailand - You would most likely be a Buddhist
Pakistan - You would most likely be a Muslim
India - You would most likely be a Hindu
Japan - You would most likely be into Shinto
USA - You would most likely be a Christian
As Tom Crusie kids - You would most likely be into Scientology (yes, his two adopted children are in the Scientology church now)
Iran - You would most likely be a Shia Muslim
Iraq - You would most likely be a Sunni Muslim
Israel - You would most likely be Jewish
China - You would most likely be into Taoism and Confucianism
Utah - You would most likely be a Mormon
etc
etc
etc
etc

If you were born in Pakistan do you think you would be a Christian and preach about Jesus. Just give me a Yes/No on this one please. You are only a Christian because of Geography...

By the way..There are only 29% Christians on this earth...These 29% include everyone living in a Christian country...This number even include everyone in the countries below even if a majority don't care about Christianity:

The least religious countries - Percentage that say that "Religion is not important to them" (Recent Gallup Poll) :

Sweden 83%
Denmark 80.5%
Czech Republic 74.5%
Norway 78%
United Kingdom 73%
Finland 70%
France 69.5%
Australia 67.5%
Netherlands 66.5%
New Zealand 66%
Germany 59%
Uruguay 59%
Latvia 58.5%
Hungary 58.5%
Belgium 57.5%
Canada 57%
Switzerland 56%
South Korea 55.5%
Ireland 53%

Do I have to remind you that the other religions think that Jesus is a false prophet if you would actually ask them and they are 110% sure that they are correct with their Gods, holy figures, scripture and history. They are as sure about their own religion as Christians are about theirs...They don't care about Jesus for one second. They care as much about Jesus as Christians care about the other religions holy figures, holy scripture and religion.

My Questions:

1. If you, a Christian today, were born in Pakistan do you think you would be a Christian and preach about Jesus.

..what exactly (don't dance around the answer) will happen to the other 71% of the world population that are not Christians after they die. Give me a really specific answer please. (don't forget the bible statement above when answering).

Also what exactly (don't dance around the answer) will happen to the people below in Christian countries that are not religious after they die. Give me a really specific answer please. (don't forget the bible statement above when answering).

The least religious countries - Percentage that say that "Religion is not important to them" (Recent Gallup Poll):

Sweden 83%
Denmark 80.5%
Czech Republic 74.5%
Norway 78%
United Kingdom 73%
Finland 70%
France 69.5%
Australia 67.5%
Netherlands 66.5%
New Zealand 66%
Germany 59%
Uruguay 59%
Latvia 58.5%
Hungary 58.5%
Belgium 57.5%
Canada 57%
Switzerland 56%
South Korea 55.5%
Ireland 53%

3. What exactly are the other 3,699 Gods and Holy figures out there (I take out the Christan one). Are they all fairy tales but the Christian one is not???

356. Aramazd

2025. Attis

2369. Horus

Once again..Are all of these fairy tales but the Christian one is not? Don't forget the bible statements below before you answer it:

4. If you answer is that Christianity is unique in the above questions then my question is.....Don't you feel pretty good today because you are among the 14% of all people on this earth that will have an after life.

Note: I get to the 14% by first knowing that only 29% on this earth are Christians. I showed in my example that many in Christians countries don't care about religion. When adding all the countries in the Gallup study then it is about 48% of people in Christians countries that are secular (don't care about religion). So I take out 48% from the 29%....

Christians..I just made you day...You are among the 14%....You should go around this day with a really big smile on your face.....Which state do you christians live in...If we live in the same one I will be looking around today for a person with a big smile when I go out today....Maybe it will be you who I see...

Science

There is but one God.

He may be called by many different names.

All religions have a piece of God about them, but only one has it as God demands it.

Yep, approximately 5 Billion people around the planet would probably agree with that statement.

A truly died-in-the-wool atheist has NO NEED to prove he's right.

Leave the evangelism to the believers.

There is but one God.

This is exactly the answer I was looking for...

Please look at this bible quote again:

After your answer I'm even more interested that you answer my questions. You are "dancing around" the answer as I wrote in my first post. What exactly do you mean that there is one God with different names. Are all of them correct and they will have an afterlife etc even though the bible quote states differently. Please answer my questions...I will paste them again below. Please answer them with specific answers. In the first answer you were dancing around and were giving politically correct answers:

Here are my questions again. Please answer them one by one:

My Questions:

Sweden 83%
Denmark 80.5%
Czech Republic 74.5%
Norway 78%
United Kingdom 73%
Finland 70%
France 69.5%
Australia 67.5%
Netherlands 66.5%
New Zealand 66%
Germany 59%
Uruguay 59%
Latvia 58.5%
Hungary 58.5%
Belgium 57.5%
Canada 57%
Switzerland 56%
South Korea 55.5%
Ireland 53%

356. Aramazd

2025. Attis

2369. Horus

Christians..I just made you day...You are among the 14%....You should go around this day with a really big smile on your face.....Which state do you Christians live in...If we live in the same one I will be looking around today for a person with a big smile when I go out today....Maybe it will be you who I see...

Science

I have gotten answers from both Christains and Muslims when I have taken the cab in NY City. I have asked them not to be politically correct and answer them according to their scripture. Then the answer is pretty straight forward and the answer shouldn't shook you. The answers are pretty similar for both Christians and Muslims:

Christians
The only way to heaven and salvation is thru Jesus and Christianity. All the other ones including all the other religions will go to hell. It doesn't matter if you are a good person. They think I'm correct about my "14%" thesis (see my first post to see what I mean).

Muslims answer
The only way to heaven and salvation is thru Islam. All the other ones including all the other religions will go to hell. They think I'm correct about my "14%" thesis (see my first post to see what I mean).

Does any Christian on this forum disagree with the answer above. If you do I have many specific questions for you.....So I hope someone will disagree so I can ask them...
By the way, to ask these questions in a cab in NY City (where I go about once per year) is actually quite nice. I don't have to worry about follow ups because I will never see these people anymore. It would be strange to go up to a person at work or some other situation. In a cab you can ask questions that you would normally not ask anywhere else. You are face to face and can ask follow up questions directly and get what they actually think... This is just my opinion....

Anyway, the answers shouldn't take anyone by surprise. This is what the scripture actually says and they are just stating it. It would be more shocking if this was not the answer. The funny thing is that most people on forums like this try to dance around this answer and say something similar that you are saying that there is "one God and that different religions called the God with different names, but then don't want to say anything more.

This means that we are back to the 14% that will be "saved" that I spoke about earlier.
All religions think that they are unique.

Once again..Please answer questions 1-4 above in the quote box...

Last edited:
There is but one God.

This is exactly the answer I was looking for...

Please look at this bible quote again:

After your answer I'm even more interested that you answer my questions. You are "dancing around" the answer as I wrote in my first post. What exactly do you mean that there is one God with different names. Are all of them correct and they will have an afterlife etc even though the bible quote states differently. Please answer my questions...I will paste them again below. Please answer them with specific answers. In the first answer you were dancing around and were giving politically correct answers:

Here are my questions again. Please answer them one by one:

My Questions:

Sweden 83%
Denmark 80.5%
Czech Republic 74.5%
Norway 78%
United Kingdom 73%
Finland 70%
France 69.5%
Australia 67.5%
Netherlands 66.5%
New Zealand 66%
Germany 59%
Uruguay 59%
Latvia 58.5%
Hungary 58.5%
Belgium 57.5%
Canada 57%
Switzerland 56%
South Korea 55.5%
Ireland 53%

Christians..I just made you day...You are among the 14%....You should go around this day with a really big smile on your face.....Which state do you Christians live in...If we live in the same one I will be looking around today for a person with a big smile when I go out today....Maybe it will be you who I see...

Science

I have gotten answers from both Christains and Muslims when I have taken the cab in NY City. I have asked them not to be politically correct and answer them according to their scripture. Then the answer is pretty straight forward and the answer shouldn't shook you. The answers are pretty similar for both Christians and Muslims:

Christians
The only way to heaven and salvation is thru Jesus and Christianity. All the other ones including all the other religions will go to hell. It doesn't matter if you are a good person. They think I'm correct about my "14%" thesis (see my first post to see what I mean).

Muslims answer
The only way to heaven and salvation is thru Islam. All the other ones including all the other religions will go to hell. They think I'm correct about my "14%" thesis (see my first post to see what I mean).

Does any Christian on this forum disagree with the answer above. If you do I have many specific questions for you.....
By the way, to ask these questions in a cab in NY City (where I go about once per year) is actually quite nice. I don't have to worry about follow ups because I will never see these people anymore. It would be strange to go up to a person at work or some other situation. In a cab you can ask questions that you would normally not ask anywhere else. You are face to face and can ask follow up questions directly and get what they actually think... This is just my opinion....

Anyway, the answers shouldn't take anyone by surprise. This is what the scripture actually says and they are just stating it. It would be more shocking if this was not the answer. The funny thing is that most people on forums like this try to dance around this answer and say something similar that you are saying that there is "one God and that different religions called the God with different names, but then don't want to say anything more.

This means that we are back to the 14% that will be "saved" that I spoke about earlier.
All religions think that they are unique.

Once again..Please answer questions 1-4 above in the quote box...

I'm not going to answer your silly questions.

And please try to comprehend what I initially wrote.

My belief is there is but one God and no one will change that belief.

I can't comprehend if you don't explain what you actually mean. You are only saying "there is one God". But I will not force my "silly" questions on you . I will leave it alone...

Atheists know that they have to be true to themselves first and foremost. Christians still haven't learned that lesson which is why are are looking for answers in mythology instead.

I can't comprehend if you don't explain what you actually mean. You are only saying "there is one God". But I will not force my "silly" questions on you . I will leave it alone...

You need this sentence explained to you? "I believe there is only one God."

It's pretty self explanatory.

The Greeks believed there were many gods.

There is nothing in the mythology of your currently configured gods that displaces the Greek gods.

That, actually, is self evident, at least to someone without a prior committment to your particular dogma.

Pray for me. I want to score points with Zeus.

The Greeks believed there were many gods.

There is nothing in the mythology of your currently configured gods that displaces the Greek gods.

That, actually, is self evident, at least to someone without a prior committment to your particular dogma.

Pray for me. I want to score points with Zeus.

I'm not Greek.

Forum List

Back