Atheists Are Some Of The Dumbest People On Earth

Some really people need to find something better to do with their time. I hope they put up 20 crosses each with a jumbo sized bible at its base--just to fuck the weirdos who sue over a cross-shaped thing being put up where their dainty eyes might see it. Good Lord, go play some x-box or something. Read a book. Eat a bag of fritos. Learn to play the guitar. Something.

There's a world full of problems, real problems, and this is what these freaks choose to get upset about? Go suck up a stump, as my old dad used to say.

:thup:

Maybe they should take up burning down churches. That sounds relaxing.

fine if you believe it.

but you do understand for those who don't, it really has zero meaning and wouldn't convince anyone of anything.

I do understand that. I just wanted Huggy to know that what he asked of Avatar wasn't possible. When Avatar talks about Avatar's Heavenly father, he can't help but be talking about Huggy's father. They are one in the same. Huggy doesn't have to accept that fact, but I don't think that Avatar was breaking any rules that necessitate an Admins.intervention.

I would just like to let you know that people like you and Avatar are at the leading point of what is troubling about religion. You just don't get it that the world has been changing for the better because more and more average people reject religion. You just go on willfully ignorant that the power and guilt you once enjoyed is evaporating. A few hundred years ago people like you could get people like me killed and did frequently if we challenged your beliefs. Now ..not so much. Now you are on the ropes not I. Now religion is on the defense as it should be and I for one am not willing to allow any refferee to step in and stop the fight. You all need to be knocked stoned cold out as players in my life and any that have the intelligence and strength to reject delusion as a foundation for living their life.

It used to be that religion trumped all other consideration. Now you must respect others rights equally. Insulting me and my father in the name of your fantasy is not acceptable. There used to be no line you couldn't cross right up to and including murder. Surprise surprise. Now there are lines and they are closing in all around you. One of them is a line I draw right at your feet when it comes to respecting my family. Cross it at your own peril.

Apparently you have forgotten that Christians have been and are still being murdered for being Christians. So we can share that grief.

You just don't get it that the world has been changing for the better because more and more average people reject religion.
I can't even believe you said that ^
If you think that society is better off now, send your little child to the store for you, unaccompanied, and see how long it takes before an Amber Alert takes the place of that child you used to have.
Then turn your sites to the impending 3 world war we are choosing sides for today. Take God out of school and Columbine walks in. Better? Oh Lord.
Lines mean nothing to God. He created strings out of them. :eusa_angel:

People who don't believe in spooks and ghosts have always been considered rather stupid.

Huggy, This country has politely told God to hit the road. But we need to understand that when He leaves, restraint leaves with Him. So, now our children are prey, our economy has turned to shit, we are drowning in debt, our land is parched, dead birds drop out of the air, our rivers are impassible, our corn won't grow, we are either burning or flooding.
One more damn plague and we'll be tied with Egypt.

The only point I was trying to make was you are a child of Royalty and co-heir of the universe and beyond. Whether or not you choose to accept your inheritance does not cause it to cease, just as if I didn't believe in protons would not cause protons to cease to exist.
He's still there.

fine if you believe it.

but you do understand for those who don't, it really has zero meaning and wouldn't convince anyone of anything.

I do understand that. I just wanted Huggy to know that what he asked of Avatar wasn't possible. When Avatar talks about Avatar's Heavenly father, he can't help but be talking about Huggy's father. They are one in the same. Huggy doesn't have to accept that fact, but I don't think that Avatar was breaking any rules that necessitate an Admins.intervention.

I would just like to let you know that people like you and Avatar are at the leading point of what is troubling about religion. You just don't get it that the world has been changing for the better because more and more average people reject religion. You just go on willfully ignorant that the power and guilt you once enjoyed is evaporating. A few hundred years ago people like you could get people like me killed and did frequently if we challenged your beliefs. Now ..not so much. Now you are on the ropes not I. Now religion is on the defense as it should be and I for one am not willing to allow any refferee to step in and stop the fight. You all need to be knocked stoned cold out as players in my life and any that have the intelligence and strength to reject delusion as a foundation for living their life.
?
That is utterly false.
The world is not improving because more people are rejecting religion. The world is improving because that is what people generally do. As science expands and people become more efficient, life is going to improve. Its rather simple. The idea that things are getting so much better because people are rejecting religion is ignorant. Non-religious people are really getting so prevalent at 14 whole percent of the population… sure.
World Religious Statistics Summary
Of course, that is 4 years old…
List of religious populations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
OH!!! Never mind. I see. The nonreligious population has grown by a WHOLE 2 PERCENT!!! That MUST be the reason that everything is so much better…
It used to be that religion trumped all other consideration. Now you must respect others rights equally. Insulting me and my father in the name of your fantasy is not acceptable. There used to be no line you couldn't cross right up to and including murder. Surprise surprise. Now there are lines and they are closing in all around you. One of them is a line I draw right at your feet when it comes to respecting my family. Cross it at your own peril.
Actually, it is perfectly acceptable. I can insult you for whatever reason I feel like. You do not have some right to not be insulted. Nor do I have to respect you. Such a concept is silly…

Particularly when you are disrespecting and insulting religious people for the exact same reasons that you think they should not be insulting you. Namely, that they hold a different system of belief than you do.

You just don't get it that the world has been changing for the better because more and more average people reject religion.
I can't even believe you said that ^
If you think that society is better off now, send your little child to the store for you, unaccompanied, and see how long it takes before an Amber Alert takes the place of that child you used to have.
Then turn your sites to the impending 3 world war we are choosing sides for today. Take God out of school and Columbine walks in. Better? Oh Lord.
Lines mean nothing to God. He created strings out of them. :eusa_angel:

This is no less ridiculous than Huggy’s assertion. Society sure is better off today than it was, say 100 years ago when religious association was greater than today. Back then slavery was accepted and openly practiced here in this nation. No, you do not get a sole claim on morality because of your religion. Columbine had nothing to do with religion in schools. It has to do with this strange concept: crazy…

Yea, some people are simply crazy.

The question being asked is why ihas THIS bit of iron become an "ICON"?

The answer is obvious...because it is a cross...a symbol of Chistendom.

How many other fragments of the building are used in this display?

None?

Ergo this fragment of that building has been selected precisely because it is a CHRISTIAN symbol.

This shrine is a cross," Silverman was quoted as saying. "It was picked up, trimmed, polished, the word 'Jesus' was carved on top of it, it was prayed over in front of a church for five years, and then it was installed in the WTC memorial with no warning by a priest in a religious service where in the ground was consecrated."

THAT's their complaint.

I think it has merit.

So the question is really do they have the right to demand that it not be used by a NON-GOVERNMENTAL organization?

I do not think they have the right to demand that.

OTOH, I think it highly inappropriate that it is used, too.

All atheists eat it:

crucifix_500.jpg

and then have a:

BK-Bacon-Sundae.jpg

:thup:

:D

Forum List

Back