Atheists are Monstrous, Evil, Bloodthirsty Tyrants

Of course you aren't.
Nor are you in favor of allowing them to hire the preachers they want, based upon their faith. Hence the "discrimination" addendum.

It would be better if you just asked me if that was what I meant. As it turns out, it isn't. Churches and religious organizations generally have a broad exemption from religious discrimination, covering all their employees. This means that a church, for instance, is allowed to hire only Christian janitors or gardeners, even though religion plays no fundamental part in their duties.

I think that's extreme.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits employers with at least 15 employees, as well as employment agencies and unions, from discriminating in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, and national origin. It also prohibits retaliation against persons who complain of discrimination or participate in an EEO investigation.

With respect to religion, Title VII prohibits:

Treating applicants or employees differently based on their religious beliefs or practices – or lack thereof – in any aspect of employment, including recruitment, hiring, assignments, discipline, promotion, and benefits (disparate treatment);

Subjecting employees to harassment because of their religious beliefs or practices – or lack thereof – or because of the religious practices or beliefs of people with whom they associate (e.g., relatives, friends, etc.);

Denying a requested reasonable accommodation of an applicant’s or employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or practices – or lack thereof – if an accommodation will not impose more than a de minimis cost or burden on business operations; 1 and,

Retaliating against an applicant or employee who has engaged in protected activity, including participation (e.g., filing an EEO charge or testifying as a witness in someone else’s EEO matter), or opposition to religious discrimination (e.g., complaining to human resources department about alleged religious discrimination).
The following questions and answers were adapted from EEOC’s Compliance Manual Section on Religious Discrimination, available at http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/religion.htm

Last edited:
it seems christians are fairly confident in their beliefs and have little need to reinforce their spirituality by dismissing the beliefs of others.
It would further seem that atheists are not all that comfortable and need to attack believers in order to reinforce their spiritual lack.

bullshit!

I spent the 1st 16 years of my like very much involved in church. Against my will I might add.
Christinas not only run down non christian religions but other sects of christianity.

Just look on here and see how "christians" love their Muslim brethren, who also worship the god of Abraham.

Yes bullshit.

And I support them believing however they want to believe as long as it does not impact others.
However most all religions have a deeply rooted mandate to convert the world to their particular fantasy.

With that said, some "true" Christians and some from other religions are fine people whom I can be glad to call a friend.
The God of Abraham is not the god of islam, that is a misconception based on the lies from mohamed the pervert.

I don't believe you. I usually assume people mean what they say. You want to deny them tax breaks and force them to adhere to federal non-discrimination laws.

When a gay person says this, it means "we will force them to accept gay clergy".

Of course you aren't.
Nor are you in favor of allowing them to hire the preachers they want, based upon their faith. Hence the "discrimination" addendum.

It would be better if you just asked me if that was what I meant. As it turns out, it isn't. Churches and religious organizations generally have a broad exemption from religious discrimination, covering all their employees. This means that a church, for instance, is allowed to hire only Christian janitors or gardeners, even though religion plays no fundamental part in their duties.

I think that's extreme.
It is not extreme, they have a right to hire who they want to hire. If satan worshipers don't like it, too bad.

I wouldn't ask her what she means anyway, that would imply that I want to have a long drawn out conversation with a narcissistic madwoman about religion.

Honest, I don't.

The OP does exactly what he is bitching about, which I find hilarious. With many christians in this thread backing him up.
You don't like them attacking their beliefs, but turn around and do the very thing you are bitching about. Sounds like a good idea to me. :lol:

I am doing, for the first and only time, what religious people here are subjected to pretty damned regularly. I see a shit load more anti religion threads than threads going after atheists. Call me hypocritical if you must. I'll even admit to hypocrisy, if you'll admit to being an evangelical atheist.

Thanks for admitting this is a flame thread.

Of course you aren't.

I think that's extreme.
It is not extreme, they have a right to hire who they want to hire. If satan worshipers don't like it, too bad.

They have to abide by federal law.

Where did he do that?

Oh, right. He didn't.

So glad you're here to act crazy, sd. It wouldn't be a religious discussion if you weren't here to ruin it!

Then why did so many states have religious tests for office or to serve on juries? Why are so many Christians intent that the Government has to support Christianity?
Because we want to get back our Christian roots since this country was founded by Christians based on Christian principals.

And no it wasn't. Had it been..there would have been a national church..like in England.
Yes it was. That is why we don't have a gov't. run Church like in ENGLAND.

I think that's extreme.

Why do they have to abide by federal law? Oh, I know, because cry babies like gays and satan worshipers want to use the federal gov't. to force their will on churches because churches scare them, I forgot.

They have to abide by federal law, which is why she is an advocate of the federal government forcing same-sex marriages upon us. Because THEN churches can be invaded and the leftist lunatics can dictate what is preached, who is ordained, and what the Bible REALLY means.

I think that's extreme.

:lol: I guess you don't really want any separation of church and state.

Paraphrase:

"I want federal government to control churches" ... or...."I want to elminate the separation of church and state".

It seems Christians are fairly confident in their beliefs and have little need to reinforce their spirituality by dismissing the beliefs of others.

Then why did so many states have religious tests for office or to serve on juries? Why are so many Christians intent that the Government has to support Christianity?
Because we want to get back our Christian roots since this country was founded by Christians based on Christian principals.
Well this is a crock of rationalized shit.:clap2:

No, it's not, but we've already ground that one into the ground. Suffice it to say...the US was founded upon Christian principles, by Christians.

Which is why we have been the best, most free, most liberated country in the world. Until dumbshits like Loki and Sky started fucking with it.

No, it's not, but we've already ground that one into the ground. Suffice it to say...the US was founded upon Christian principles, by Christians.

Which is why we have been the best, most free, most liberated country in the world. Until dumbshits like Loki and Sky started fucking with it.

Darlin, the US has NEVER been a CHRISTIAN nation. We have spiritual freedom. We are a plurality. That is our strength. We are free.

Why you have make this so personal to me or Loki is anyone's guess.

You have your view. I have mine. Loki has his.

Actually, that is not what Dragon wants.

Give him enough time and he will correct his errors (without ever admitting one, that is ;)).

If I'm correcting an actual error, as opposed to a misunderstanding on your part, I do admit it. That's a rare occurrence but it has happened before.

And when you are being honest, as at present, it is POSSIBLE to correct your misunderstandings, which seems to have been achieved, for which I thank you.

Famous Atheists

A
Forrest J. Ackerman
Douglas Adams
Phillip Adams
Alan Alda
Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Tariq Ali
Woody Allen
Shulamit Aloni
Fernando Alonso
Thomas J. Altizer
Robert Altman
Natalie Angier
Lance Armstrong
Liv Arnesen
Madison Arnold
Darren Aronofsky
Isaac Asimov
Peter William Atkins
David Attenborough
B
Kevin Bacon
Russell Baker
J.G. Ballard
Iain M. Banks
Javier bardem
Clive Barker
Dan Barker
MC Paul Barman
Dave Barry
Richard Bartle
Béla Bartók
Bill Bass
Simone de Beauvoir
Matt Bellamy
Steve Benson
Ingmar Bergman
George Bernard Shaw
Pierre Berton
Matt Besser
Paul Bettany
Björk
Michael Ian Black
Susan Blackmore
Bill Blass
Jim Bohanan
Sir Herman Bondi
Pierre Boulez
T. Coraghessan Boyle
Nathaniel Branden
Marlon Brando
Richard Branson
Berkeley Breathed
André Breton
Julia Hartley Brewer
Marcus Brigstocke
Isaac Brock
John Brockman
Charlie Brooker
Rodney Brooks
Andrew Brown
Derren Brown
Peter Buck
Luis Buñuel
Richard Burton
Gabriel Byrne
John Byrne
Kari Byron
C
Dean Cameron
James Cameron
Eddie Campbell
Albert Camus
Mike Carey
George Carlin
John Carmack
Adam Carolla
John Carpenter
Asia Carrera
Jimmy Carr
Fidel Castro
David Chalmers
Stephen Chapman
Dov Charney
Vic Chesnutt
Noam Chomsky
Mohammed Choukri
Robin Christopher
Chumbawamba
Arthur C. Clarke
Jeremy Clarkson
Nick Clegg
Alexander Cockburn
Billy Connolly
John Conway
Alex Cox
Brian Cox
Wayne Coyne
Wes Craven
Francis Crick
David Cronenberg
David Cross
Alan Cumming
Justin Currie
D
Ron Dakron
Rodney Dangerfield
Julia Darling
Clarence Darrow
Russell T Davies
Mark Jonathan Davis
William B. Davis
Richard Dawkins
David DeCoteau
Jeff Dee
Samuel R. Delany
Guillermo del Toro
Daniel Dennett
Johnny Depp
David Deutsch
Catherine Deveny
Marlene Dietrich
Ani DiFranco
Micky Dolenz
Stanley Donen
Amanda Donohoe
Natalie Dormer
Roddy Doyle
Marcus du Sautoy
E
Roger Ebert
Christopher Eccleston
Dean Edell
Jonathan Edwards
Paul Edwards
Greg Egan
Barbara Ehrenreich
Paul Ehrlich
E cont.
Bret Easton Ellis
Harlan Ellison
Warren Ellis
William Empson
Garth Ennis
Brian Eno
Euhemerus
Hugh Everett
F
Oriana Fallaci
Diane Farr
David Feherty
Jules Feiffer
Larry Fessenden
Ludwig Andreas von Feuerbach
Richard Feynman
Harvey Fierstein
Bob Fingerman
Reginald Finley
Tony Fitzpatrick
Brian Flemming
Larry Flynt
Dario Fo
Dave Foley
Peter Fonda
James Forman
Jodie Foster
John Fowles
Robin Lane Fox
Morgan Freeman
Sigmund Freud
Milton Friedman
Nick Frost
Stephen Fry
G
Noel Gallagher
Janeane Garofalo
Bob Geldof
Jack Germond
Ricky Gervais
Prabhir Ghosh
Paul Giamatti
David Gilmour
Ira Glass
James Gleick
Theo van Gogh
Al Goldstein
José González
Mikhail Gorbachev
Nadine Gordimer
Michael Goudeau
Greg Graffin
Richard E. Grant
A. C. Grayling
Stephen Greenblatt
Brian Greene
Susan Greenfield
Paul Greengrass
Seth Green
Germaine Greer
Sasha Grey
Kathy Griffin
Rachel Griffiths
Che Guevara
H
Joe Haldeman
Kathleen Hanna
Yip Harburg
Harry Harrison
Sam Harris
(previous 200) (next 200)
Retrieved from "http://www.celebatheists.com/wiki/Category:Atheist"

Not one a monstrous, evil, bloodthirsty tyrant.

Fidel Castro is just misunderstood?

Forum List

Back