Atheists are Monstrous, Evil, Bloodthirsty Tyrants

Well, as I said, if being exact makes me a dick, what can I do?

My intent certainly wasn't to be a dick (never heard a woman called a dick before, either, but there are many firsts here for me).

Supreme laws are exact for a reason, thank God ;).

You don't always have to talk like a Lawyer in a casual discussion, especially if you know the intent of the other's words despite them lacking their qualifier. That is kind of being a dick.

But yea, I call girls dicks all the time (in 3d) because it gives everyone a giggle for effect because you're right: Nobody calls girls dicks really. C'ept me. #/swag :razz:
You ASSumed I know the intent of posters.

I only know what I read. I haven't yet mastered reading minds. I'm working on that, though. ;)

Well that refers back to my "stupid" comment. :eek:

It's like:

Person A: I don't want Nuns presiding over and teaching all Religion courses in PUBLIC school Number 6.

Person B: Ohh yee hates christianity

Person A: Well the 1st guarantees freedom from Religion

Person B: no it doesn't!

Well, ^ that's how person B is being a dick. He KNOWS it guarantees freedom from Government/Tax payer endorsed Religion.......He KNOWS that's what the discussion is about, exactly............but still wants to play semantics to be a dick even though qualifying it is irrelevant to the discussion.

It's like sticking your tongue out and going neener neener.

Then why did so many states have religious tests for office or to serve on juries? Why are so many Christians intent that the Government has to support Christianity?

We don't want the government to support Christianity. We want the government to leave us the hell alone. The 1st amendment guaranties or freedom of religion, not freedom from religion, got it?

Yep churches should pay taxes like anyone else.

I completely agree, especially when preaching from the pulpit. They should also obey federal laws about non-discrimination in work place.

:rolleyes:

OK. I should be able to read minds. Mea culpa. Obviously, I am stupid because I cannot.

You dont need to read a mind to follow the context of a conversation. Stop that.
When someone says the First means "freedom FROM religion", and they say it in a general context, I will correct them because it does not say that.

Call me names all you want, but that won't change that fact.

Then why did so many states have religious tests for office or to serve on juries? Why are so many Christians intent that the Government has to support Christianity?

We don't want the government to support Christianity. We want the government to leave us the hell alone. The 1st amendment guaranties or freedom of religion, not freedom from religion, got it?

If you were really for freedom of religion then you would undertand if you can put a bible statue in front of a court house then you also have to have a Koran statue and a dianetics statue and on and on and on and on.

This is why NO ONE religion is allowed to be picked out and honored by our government at any level.

Now if the fight was people were always trying to put up koran statues or Muhamed statues then you would be fighting that one too.

But its YOUR religion so you think its fine.

Remember how you reacted to a mosque in down town NY?

Duh? No. All religions should be allowed to worship and honor their beliefs. including atheism.
As for the Mosque, there are a thousand choices of real estate in NYC on which I would have absolutely no problem with an Islamic house of worship.
In this case, given the sensitivity of the site, I and others viewed the building of a Mosque incredibly insensitive.

Famous Atheists

A
Forrest J. Ackerman
Douglas Adams
Phillip Adams
Alan Alda
Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Tariq Ali
Woody Allen
Shulamit Aloni
Fernando Alonso
Thomas J. Altizer
Robert Altman
Natalie Angier
Lance Armstrong
Liv Arnesen
Madison Arnold
Darren Aronofsky
Isaac Asimov
Peter William Atkins
David Attenborough
B
Kevin Bacon
Russell Baker
J.G. Ballard
Iain M. Banks
Javier bardem
Clive Barker
Dan Barker
MC Paul Barman
Dave Barry
Richard Bartle
Béla Bartók
Bill Bass
Simone de Beauvoir
Matt Bellamy
Steve Benson
Ingmar Bergman
George Bernard Shaw
Pierre Berton
Matt Besser
Paul Bettany
Björk
Michael Ian Black
Susan Blackmore
Bill Blass
Jim Bohanan
Sir Herman Bondi
Pierre Boulez
T. Coraghessan Boyle
Nathaniel Branden
Marlon Brando
Richard Branson
Berkeley Breathed
André Breton
Julia Hartley Brewer
Marcus Brigstocke
Isaac Brock
John Brockman
Charlie Brooker
Rodney Brooks
Andrew Brown
Derren Brown
Peter Buck
Luis Buñuel
Richard Burton
Gabriel Byrne
John Byrne
Kari Byron
C
Dean Cameron
James Cameron
Eddie Campbell
Albert Camus
Mike Carey
George Carlin
John Carmack
Adam Carolla
John Carpenter
Asia Carrera
Jimmy Carr
Fidel Castro
David Chalmers
Stephen Chapman
Dov Charney
Vic Chesnutt
Noam Chomsky
Mohammed Choukri
Robin Christopher
Chumbawamba
Arthur C. Clarke
Jeremy Clarkson
Nick Clegg
Alexander Cockburn
Billy Connolly
John Conway
Alex Cox
Brian Cox
Wayne Coyne
Wes Craven
Francis Crick
David Cronenberg
David Cross
Alan Cumming
Justin Currie
D
Ron Dakron
Rodney Dangerfield
Julia Darling
Clarence Darrow
Russell T Davies
Mark Jonathan Davis
William B. Davis
Richard Dawkins
David DeCoteau
Jeff Dee
Samuel R. Delany
Guillermo del Toro
Daniel Dennett
Johnny Depp
David Deutsch
Catherine Deveny
Marlene Dietrich
Ani DiFranco
Micky Dolenz
Stanley Donen
Amanda Donohoe
Natalie Dormer
Roddy Doyle
Marcus du Sautoy
E
Roger Ebert
Christopher Eccleston
Dean Edell
Jonathan Edwards
Paul Edwards
Greg Egan
Barbara Ehrenreich
Paul Ehrlich
E cont.
Bret Easton Ellis
Harlan Ellison
Warren Ellis
William Empson
Garth Ennis
Brian Eno
Euhemerus
Hugh Everett
F
Oriana Fallaci
Diane Farr
David Feherty
Jules Feiffer
Larry Fessenden
Ludwig Andreas von Feuerbach
Richard Feynman
Harvey Fierstein
Bob Fingerman
Reginald Finley
Tony Fitzpatrick
Brian Flemming
Larry Flynt
Dario Fo
Dave Foley
Peter Fonda
James Forman
Jodie Foster
John Fowles
Robin Lane Fox
Morgan Freeman
Sigmund Freud
Milton Friedman
Nick Frost
Stephen Fry
G
Noel Gallagher
Janeane Garofalo
Bob Geldof
Jack Germond
Ricky Gervais
Prabhir Ghosh
Paul Giamatti
David Gilmour
Ira Glass
James Gleick
Theo van Gogh
Al Goldstein
José González
Mikhail Gorbachev
Nadine Gordimer
Michael Goudeau
Greg Graffin
Richard E. Grant
A. C. Grayling
Stephen Greenblatt
Brian Greene
Susan Greenfield
Paul Greengrass
Seth Green
Germaine Greer
Sasha Grey
Kathy Griffin
Rachel Griffiths
Che Guevara
H
Joe Haldeman
Kathleen Hanna
Yip Harburg
Harry Harrison
Sam Harris
(previous 200) (next 200)
Retrieved from "http://www.celebatheists.com/wiki/Category:Atheist"

Not one a monstrous, evil, bloodthirsty tyrant.

Last edited:
No problem with atheists?

Your starting this thread and it's wording kinda conflicts with that.
I paraphrased the title from a thread started by Dragon as an absurd example of the hate atheist have for religion.
My only problem is all the energy they spend denying my right to practice my spirituality. Believe as you will and give me the same respect.

I can see why you'd emotionally take a big issue with what Dragon said. I can see why you'd hate and disagree with every word in the post.

But i'm going to need you to point me to a quote of his that shows "all the energy spent to deny your right to practice your spirituality."

I'll need proof of that, just sounds like the world's smallest violin victim talk to me.

You don't see the atheist assault on religion? Especially this time of year? It all seems to ramp up around Christmas.
We had Christmas trees in classrooms when I was a kid. Nativity scenes on the green and garland and colored lights on Town Hall. People said "Merry Christmas" not "happy holidays"
Thankfully, here in Alabama, we don't get much of that, but the next time someone at Piggly Wiggly tells me, "Happy Holidays" it will be the last time I shop there.

We don't want the government to support Christianity.
You do not support prayer in schools?
No, not really, but I do support a minute or two set aside for prayer for anyone, be they Christian, Jew, Muslim or Druid. Hell even atheists can use the time to pray to themselves, or kneel before a statue of obama.
You do not support government sponsored displays of religion?
Of course not. I never have, but I am not against a Christmas tree or a nativity scene on public property as long as the taxpayers don't foot the bill.
You do not support "Under God" in the pledge?
Actually, I do, but I'm willing for you to omit those words if you so choose.
You do not support "In God we Trust" as the National motto?
Yes, I do. It is the motto of the US. If you want to change it, feel free to write your Congressman.
Good, neither do I, the government should stay silent and neither give support to religions or support for anti-religious statements.
Exactly! Stay silent. Don't tell me how I must worship, nor how I mustn't.
That includes you. Please stay silent on the subject.

I don't want the schools telling kids there is no God.
I don't want the goverrnement displaying signs or statements against religion.
I don't want "without any gods" in the pledge.
I don't want "we don't believe in God" as a motto.

Government should stay silent and let people pray or not pray as they want, practice their religion as they want without help or hindrance.
Had the above bolded been your entire post, I may have repped you. I agree wholeheartedly.

We want the government to leave us the hell alone.
And what has the government done to curtail your private expression or practice?
Happy holidays, you idiot.

not "exposed".

Forced into.

As in freedom from religion.

Nothing in the constitution forces religion upon it's citizens. Quite the contrary.

You don't have to be religious.
but, dragon seems to think that the first grants folks the right not to be "exposed" to religion. Sure, it does mean that the government can't be doing that, but it certainly does not mean anyone has the right not to be 'exposed' to religion.

Obviously.

ah.

The constitution doesn't guarantee you won't be exposed to ideas and things you don't like. Quite the contrary.

exactly!!!

I completely agree, especially when preaching from the pulpit. They should also obey federal laws about non-discrimination in work place.

What horseshit.

Make those preachers pay! And put them in jail if they won't hire gay preachers, or dare to preach something the left loons don't like it!

It seems Christians are fairly confident in their beliefs and have little need to reinforce their spirituality by dismissing the beliefs of others.
It would further seem that atheists are not all that comfortable and need to attack believers in order to reinforce their spiritual lack.

:lol::lol::lol:
SOrry I just have to laugh at this hypocritical post.

Plus many so called Christians on this board feel the need to judge many any chance they get.

Thanks for proving my point.

What horseshit.

Make those preachers pay! And put them in jail if they won't hire gay preachers, or dare to preach something the left loons don't like it!

I'm not in favor of giving faith groups tax breaks. They should be classed as non-profits and pay taxes.

Of course you aren't.
Nor are you in favor of allowing them to hire the preachers they want, based upon their faith. Hence the "discrimination" addendum.

The OP does exactly what he is bitching about, which I find hilarious. With many christians in this thread backing him up.
You don't like them attacking their beliefs, but turn around and do the very thing you are bitching about. Sounds like a good idea to me. :lol:

I am doing, for the first and only time, what religious people here are subjected to pretty damned regularly. I see a shit load more anti religion threads than threads going after atheists. Call me hypocritical if you must. I'll even admit to hypocrisy, if you'll admit to being an evangelical atheist.

New Topics

Forum List

Back