Atheists are hoping aliens from outer space will contact us...

When, where and how do spirit and material interact?

James Kent, Programmer, Writer, author of Psychedelic Information Theory
Answered May 25, 2016

By most definitions spirit is something that is invisible and cannot be measured, and therefore it cannot interact with matter. If something can be measured that means it has physical properties that interact with matter, if something is invisible then it by definition can not interact with physical things. Furthermore, if something is defined as being invisible and non-material, that is just a fancy way of saying it is imaginary and does not actually exist. So, by extrapolation, the only place where spirit and matter can interact is in the human imagination and fiction.

https://www.quora.com/When-where-and-how-do-spirit-and-material-interact

LOL, If spirit can interact with physical, it is by definition, NOT spiritual.
If you want to see it as imaginary, go for it. If you want to argue there is no distinction between the two, go for it. Of course it is disingenuous to argue both.

Same with Pharaoh and the Exodus. God could have simply shazaamed Pharaoh into letting them go. Why kill all those Egyptians?

If God created the universe, then why was it necessary to get Noah to build an ark? God could have easily shazaamed an ark. Much easier to make an ark than Adam.
I see. You want to skip a whole bunch of steps and go straight to who God is. Why do you think that is an effective argument for if there is a Creator?

Vladimir Lenin understood the distinction between spiritualism and materialism. Why are you having such a difficult time in understanding this?

"A Marxist must be a materialist, i. e., an enemy of religion, but a dialectical materialist, i. e., one who treats the struggle against religion not in an abstract way, not on the basis of remote, purely theoretical, never varying preaching, but in a concrete way, on the basis of the class struggle which is going on in practice and is educating the masses more and better than anything else could."

Lenin: The Attitude of the Workers' Party to Religion

and while we are at it, isn't Noah and the Flood proof of a failable God that clearly is not perfect?
The flood, like other accounts in Genesis, is an allegorical account of an actual event. So... no, it is not proof of a fallible God. Again though, are you trying to prove a Creator does not exist by arguing who the Creator is?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
If God created the universe, then why was it necessary to get Noah to build an ark? God could have easily shazaamed an ark. Much easier to make an ark than Adam.

Speaking as someone who doesn't believe in a God with humanistic characteristics, I would suggest it's because God didn't really care if Noah built an ark or not. I've always wondered, if God wanted us to worship Him/Her, then why not create us so that is a prerequisite for life? Just as we have to breathe and eat to live, why don't we have to worship and obey God? If an omnipotent God "wanted" something, why would it not be?

It's this perspective that prevents me from embracing organized religion. I still believe there is a Spiritual Force and that's MY "God." It just doesn't have humanistic characteristics. Why would it need those?

The perennial question: where does the light come from on the first three days if the sun, moon, and stars aren't created until the fourth day? How was there evening and morning without the sun? Seems like a little bit of a problem.

Mark, I want to thank you for proving my point that atheists, especially militant atheists like yourself, are intellectually dead.

The perennial question: where does the light come from on the first three days if the sun, moon, and stars aren't created until the fourth day? How was there evening and morning without the sun? Seems like a little bit of a problem.
Considering that science has proven that the universe had a beginning and that the evolution of matter from the big bang to the first conscious being who knows and creates was performed in steps. The allegorical account of creation was pretty spot on.

Imagine their surprise when the scientists arrived at the point of believing the universe had a beginning and finding the philosophers and religious were already there waiting for them.

and while we are at it, isn't Noah and the Flood proof of a failable God that clearly is not perfect?
The flood, like other accounts in Genesis, is an allegorical account of an actual event. So... no, it is not proof of a fallible God. Again though, are you trying to prove a Creator does not exist by arguing who the Creator is?

giphy.gif

So, you admit the Bible cannot be trusted for anything

giphy.gif

So, you admit the Bible cannot be trusted for anything
If that's what you concluded from what I wrote, then I doubt you are capable of comprehending anything I write.

When, where and how do spirit and material interact?

James Kent, Programmer, Writer, author of Psychedelic Information Theory
Answered May 25, 2016

By most definitions spirit is something that is invisible and cannot be measured, and therefore it cannot interact with matter. If something can be measured that means it has physical properties that interact with matter, if something is invisible then it by definition can not interact with physical things. Furthermore, if something is defined as being invisible and non-material, that is just a fancy way of saying it is imaginary and does not actually exist. So, by extrapolation, the only place where spirit and matter can interact is in the human imagination and fiction.

https://www.quora.com/When-where-and-how-do-spirit-and-material-interact

LOL, If spirit can interact with physical, it is by definition, NOT spiritual.

First of all, there is a false assertion that something invisible and non-measurable cannot interact with matter. Dark Energy and Dark Matter have disproved this because they are interacting with matter.

Another invisible thing that interacts with matter is thought. Now you may say this is the same as imagination but thoughts aren't imaginary, we actually have them, right? I can imagine a house on a hill, but thought is what interacts with matter and makes that house on the hill a reality. Imagining the house didn't make it real.

Yet another invisible thing that interacts with matter is Love. Love is not imaginary, you actually feel love for your mother, correct? Can you measure it? Can you extrapolate the difference in quantity of the love you have for your mother and the love you have for a fine wine? You can only say you love your mother more (hopefully). You can say this is an emotion but okay... so emotions can interact with matter... ever been punched in the nose?

Imagine their surprise when the scientists arrived at the point of believing the universe had a beginning and finding the philosophers and religious were already there waiting for them.
but you all don't believe in creation.

You insist God doesn't need a creator

The only solution to the first cause is something which is eternal and never changing. That's God.

Of course we believe in Creation. Creation is just another way of saying the universe and everything in it since it was created until now.

Did you know that the matter and energy that make up who you are existed when space and time were created? Or do you think that is magic too?

Do you know that the potential for you to exist existed before space and time were created? Do you think that is magic?

Did you know that all the matter and energy in the universe occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of an atom? Or do you think that is magic too?

Did you know that all the energy and matter in the universe was created? Or do you think this would be magic?

Forum List

Back