Atheist soldier says Army punished him

Really>?. tru reading some letters from many of the FF's, for example, George Washington, THE FATHER of our nation, he emphatically states over and over and over that we , as a nation, received our blessings from almight God.

This is a Federal holiday in which the President said we should as a nation thank God for his blessings on us as a nation. If thats not a govt promoting religion, then it simply doesnt exist. If you can read this and still believe they wanted a seperation of church and state, then you belong in a straight jacket. Seriously. And dont forget, congress voted and approved the holiday and its purpose.

Thanksgiving Proclamation

[New York, 3 October 1789]

Page Image.
By the President of the United States of America, a Proclamation.

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor-- and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness.

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be-- That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks--for his kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nation--for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his Providence which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late war--for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed--for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted--for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.

and also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions-- to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually--to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed--to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord--To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease of science among them and us--and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

AND NOTE, HE REFERS TO BLESSINGS AS BEING FROM GOD,

I was going to highlight in BOLD the really pertinent and important parts, but I found myself highlighting the entire thing.

You can take as many letters and utterances out of context as you like, it doesn't change the fact that we are NOT a Christian nation.

To them Natures God and Christian God were one and the same.
Dershowitz is an idiot.
they favored BOTH, they went to their respective states and instituted Christian centric dogma.
We can disagree all day. This gets us nowhere. Jefferson did not institute a Christian centric dogma. Jefferson dispised Christianity and the Bible. People in glass houses should throw stones.

taoman:Then why does the Constitution declare that all offices cannot require a religious test? Why can't Congress favor one religion over the other?

simple, they wanted Christianity to be a fabric and interwoven in all aspects of our society, gvt, but they didnt want it FORCED on any one person.
Do YOU understand the difference?
And now the Evangelicals are realizing that Christianity is being rejected in bigger numbers and now they are re-writong history to gain legal footholds to Christianize America...you seem to only read their point of view. Step outside of your gilded cage and consider the points of views of other people, like the atheist soldier.

Because organized religion always become tyranny over the minds of men...and that would nullify any freedom that the Constitution, the Preamble, and the DOI would have created.

Only in your mind. Not the minds of the FF's, and according to our darling baggage mouthed Jillian, the women who exudes NO C LASS whatsoever, the DOI is irrelevant. And the FF's declared our rights are given by God and hence cannot be taken away by any man, without Gods permission.
Dont you understand that basic concept that goes back to the beginning if existence, you cant take something from another unless its yours or was yours to begin with.
If the govt or man gives the rights, then any and all can be stripped for any reason whatsoever, or no reason at all.
Circular argument, without merit or reason. What do you suppose would happen if Americans were stripped of their rights?

on the other hand, show me where they declare rights given by God can be taken by man even if the person having them removed did nothing to deserve it.
Name one person who does not deserve the same rights as you or I.

back on topic:

And who agrees the soldier has every right as a freedom loving, and serving his country American, to discuss atheism just as his Christian counterparts discuss their beliefs openly and not be penalized? Last I checked we removed religious tests long long ago.
I believe he has the same rights, within the guidelines of duty-rosters and schedules, to have an atheist group.

We can disagree all day. This gets us nowhere. Jefferson did not institute a Christian centric dogma. Jefferson dispised Christianity and the Bible. People in glass houses should throw stones.

And now the Evangelicals are realizing that Christianity is being rejected in bigger numbers and now they are re-writong history to gain legal footholds to Christianize America...you seem to only read their point of view. Step outside of your gilded cage and consider the points of views of other people, like the atheist soldier.

Circular argument, without merit or reason. What do you suppose would happen if Americans were stripped of their rights?

Name one person who does not deserve the same rights as you or I.

Jefferson did not dispise Christianity, he dispised the way many practiced it.

Charles manson doesnt have the same rights as you or I

Because something proves you wrong does not make it a circular arguement

Its funny how so many characterize me in ways that simplyl arent true. Ive been called a ditto head, I dont know how many times, but I DONT listen to Rush, I find him boring.
And I use to be a liberal, blazing, so I have listened to both sides, and believe me, many of the arguements by the right wing conservatives, Christians, make me cringe. I know all the arguements of the left also, but they simply arent persuasive. And I know many hypocritic Christians, but I know even more Hypocrit liberals.

as for re writing history, its the liberals who have constantly been re interpeting the ":living breathing" Constitution. If George Washington thinks we are a Christian Nation, then I will take that opinion over any one elses. If the founding fathers could pass legislation making State sponsored religions, then I will consider that an absolute fact that there is no seperation of church and that we are a Christian nation.

Just curious, what exactly would you require to prove we are a Christian nation>?

Yawnn.....

You really aint got much, not even good put downs.....

yea.. that seems to ring clear every time you send me a private message.

:rofl:

I tellya.. your tough guy act seems to only work on third world women looking for a green card.

Just curious, what exactly would you require to prove we are a Christian nation>?

Gosh, christian, providing evidence never has been your strong suit, eh? DOH! silly me.. I should have KNOWN that the "legal precedence" of the DOI usurps the very first amendment of the Constitution! :rofl:

Hey, maybe the JEFFERSON LIBRARY was just lying because it is a bastion of evolution-loving atheism who is out to push a new world order on you left behinders!

Remember, dude.. the stick must be smaller than the width of your thumb.

:cool:

Gosh, christian, providing evidence never has been your strong suit, eh? DOH! silly me.. I should have KNOWN that the "legal precedence" of the DOI usurps the very first amendment of the Constitution! :rofl:

Hey, maybe the JEFFERSON LIBRARY was just lying because it is a bastion of evolution-loving atheism who is out to push a new world order on you left behinders!

Remember, dude.. the stick must be smaller than the width of your thumb.

You arent even funny. But nontheless, it figures you cant answer the question, and have to resort to attacking me and my family. Poor, poor pathetic shogun
SERIOUSLY, you have a huge NEED to vent, I guess these forums are good for you. ta ta salamat:razz: :razz:

Yea, I was a delusional liberal when younger. Smoked reefer, did some coke and speed, boozed up a lot, scored on lots and lots of women, real sluts, easy to bed easy to fuck, thats the American woman, like your wife. Mine, virgin all the way baby, and she wanted a blue card, not a green one, c'mon man, keep up, the US Embassy has changed that so we know when its a filipino national, blue card dude.

Im not sure if I should do this to ya, I have seen some marriages destroyed because of this, ya know, big fat bitchy American women for wives, then some of us from the land of beautiful women and beaches, show a pic of ours and its never the same for the guy who has to roll the flubber around to find the hole. So, go check out OCA at Debatepolicy.com you can get a taste of my wife, his avatar is so similiar to my wife, its scary

You arent even funny. But nontheless, it figures you cant answer the question, and have to resort to attacking me and my family. Poor, poor pathetic shogun
SERIOUSLY, you have a huge NEED to vent, I guess these forums are good for you. ta ta salamat:razz: :razz:

Yea, I was a delusional liberal when younger. Smoked reefer, did some coke and speed, boozed up a lot, scored on lots and lots of women, real sluts, easy to bed easy to fuck, thats the American woman, like your wife. Mine, virgin all the way baby, and she wanted a blue card, not a green one, c'mon man, keep up, the US Embassy has changed that so we know when its a filipino national, blue card dude.

Im not sure if I should do this to ya, I have seen some marriages destroyed because of this, ya know, big fat bitchy American women for wives, then some of us from the land of beautiful women and beaches, show a pic of ours and its never the same for the guy who has to roll the flubber around to find the hole. So, go check out OCA at Debatepolicy.com you can get a taste of my wife, his avatar is so similiar to my wife, its scary

Oh I KNOW, dude... bitch slapping you with the JEFFERSON LIBRARY quote probably WOULD send you into some dimestore psychology "poor me" rant. Hey, maybe if you private message me again or toss around the neg rep then it won't come back atcha... I mean, clearly you are used to lording over your household and are not used to being told what kind of dumb bastard you are but, out here where your green card threat means nothing, you might discover that the rest of the world is not impressed with your laughable tough guy persona.

I know I know.. I didn't SAY IT TO YOUR FACE...

Indeed, a guy like myself who doesn't need to run to a third world country when he hits 35 and starts to notice the crowsfeet and grey hair, probably is VERY impressed with your silly life story. Hell, I bet you really DID fall for the ole "I'm a virgin" line. Further, it makes total sense that a guy so stuck on his own masculinity as to barely hide his closed fist solution to personal disagreement WOULD insist that his wife be a virgin! Because, you know, THAT makes your relationship greater than the "clean tap water" reason she sticks around!

:rofl: :rofl:

Hey, you can brag about the treasure you think you've found in a third world country but It's proabably not all that surprising what a handful of candy and the promise of citizenship will produce. Indeed, I"D keep bragging too, dude! Hey, maybe if I go to mexico and start waving aroudn some bottled water and ten dollars in pesos I could be just like you and pretend I am more attractive than the LURES being used to bait the locals!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As for MY wife? Sorry, dude. I'm not married and choose not to be. You see, SOME guys are able to go find hot women without buying a plane ticket to a third world country and preying on their desperation to leave such a shitty living environment. In fact, since we all know that married dudes secretly crave the pre-marriage lifestyle of bachelors who get tail and retain their freedom, perhaps this wasn't the smartest thing to throw down the gauntlet on...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But, who has ever confused you with a smart person, eh?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

well, I guess the answer is "your wife" as long as she doesn't want to sport the big dark glasses for a week again, eh?

Oh I KNOW,

As for MY wife? Sorry, dude. I'm not married and choose not to be.

Gay, no kids and cant get a lady eh? Pathetic, dont tell me you "CHOOSE" to not be married, RIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiGHT !!!!

So, the last chick you fucked, when you kissed her, did you think about how many guys have rubbed their cum on the lips you are kissing. hahahhahahah
enjoy, suck em up buddy

Uncalled for Luv.

As for you Shogun. I have been married almost 25 years to my wife, who happens to also be from the Philippines. She got her citizenship LONG LONG ago. Let me tell ya about Filipino women, they don't play around, you hit them, you better not go to sleep with them in the same house. They are vindictive and can hold a grudge forever. And they know how to play the law.

One of my Marines found that out. He pissed his filipino girlfriend off and she had him arrested, claimed he raped her, stole her money after breaking into her apartment. He didn't do any of that. He was saved only because when the military lawyer went to talk to the cops the local police tried to extort money from the lawyer.

My good friends brother in law got booted from the Air Force short of retirement because his Filipino wife wanted a divorce and decided to screw him in the process, she claimed he abused the children ( all teenagers) , there was no evidence and the kids all denied it ever happened. But he was denied reenlistment because of the accusation. WHY? because he stood up to her for ripping off the kids money from work. She was making them give her their paychecks cause she said they had to pay for room and board. She had adopted them from her sister.

I could go on and on about how "frail and dependent" Filipino women are if ya want.

Uncalled for Luv.

As for you Shogun. I have been married almost 25 years to my wife, who happens to also be from the Philippines. She got her citizenship LONG LONG ago. Let me tell ya about Filipino women, they don't play around, you hit them, you better not go to sleep with them in the same house. They are vindictive and can hold a grudge forever. And they know how to play the law.

One of my Marines found that out. He pissed his filipino girlfriend off and she had him arrested, claimed he raped her, stole her money after breaking into her apartment. He didn't do any of that. He was saved only because when the military lawyer went to talk to the cops the local police tried to extort money from the lawyer.

My good friends brother in law got booted from the Air Force short of retirement because his Filipino wife wanted a divorce and decided to screw him in the process, she claimed he abused the children ( all teenagers) , there was no evidence and the kids all denied it ever happened. But he was denied reenlistment because of the accusation. WHY? because he stood up to her for ripping off the kids money from work. She was making them give her their paychecks cause she said they had to pay for room and board. She had adopted them from her sister.

I could go on and on about how "frail and dependent" Filipino women are if ya want.

Perhaps, you don't have the same mentality that Pussyrpgrl has when he is looking to skirt his local predator status. You may have found love in the phillipines.. Luv seems to have found a victim in puerto rico. I wonder if the cycle of talking shit and crying to a mod gives you any impression about his tough guy act and willingness to lash out. I've never stated that all American guys prey on third world women. But, given this punk bitches reaction to having his shit talking come home to roost, It's pretty clear that he is not used to being addressed as anything less than the man with the authority and a closed fist.

Now, notice which of us doesn't talk shit and run strait to your PM box like a little girl on the playground. If that doesn't convey the slimeball nature of pussyrpgrl's DFS reputation then perhaps the above rant will make it clearer.

Gay, no kids and cant get a lady eh? Pathetic, dont tell me you "CHOOSE" to not be married, RIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiGHT !!!!

So, the last chick you fucked, when you kissed her, did you think about how many guys have rubbed their cum on the lips you are kissing. hahahhahahah
enjoy, suck em up buddy

Should I take that bitch's lead and cry to you about the accusation of being gay? I'd much rather bitch slap him into crying through private messages than take a page from his playbook. so far he's chosen to instigate shit with neg rep AND private messages (feel free to read them) and it's a piece of comedy gold that his quivering lip prompts you to step in to protect his widdle feeings.

but.. it's your call, gunny. Tell the pussy to stop scratching an itch that will make him bleed or let us have at it in the shit talking forum.

I'd bet any amount of money that the only reason it bothers him so is because he knows that there is truth to my observations. Hell, he's probably praying that DFS never runs across this thread in light of a string of suspicious bruising.

Forum List

Back