Atheist group sues over cross at 9/11 memorial

You're a day or Two late on this.

But no, they are not fucking kidding you.

But

Some church took it and is planning on setting it up.

I don't know what's funnier. The atheist getting all bent outta shape over some crossed i-beams or the christians thinking gods hand lead the fall of the buildings to create it.

how retarded that we have an association for atheists.

but i don't see why other memorials/faiths can't be represented. i think that's reasonable - and in today's climate, called for.

This reminds me of yesterday, when Judah asked me if he should wear a kippah to a church for my cousin's funeral. (He only wears them for services - home or in shul.)

I responded, "Well, kiddo, prayer is prayer, eh?"

"Good point!"

These atheist folk sure get upset over something they don't even believe in. Why bother? Seems like they would have better things to do with their time. If God, the cross, and all other things of a religious nature are so meaningless, why spend the time to make a fuss? Get a life.

According to the article, there are also some Jews and a Lutheran that are upset about it.

Why not just put the symbol for the religion of each person that died instead of being so divisive?

According to the article, there are also some Jews and a Lutheran that are upset about it.

Why not just put the symbol for the religion of each person that died instead of being so divisive?

I'm sure if they found some twisted metal that looked like the Star of David, it would have been in there.

Because the falling steel didn't form a star of david, or a buddha, or a crescent. It formed this, and people saw it as a symbol of the events that day.

How does allowing this on the grounds of a place that isn't even government controlled (it is controlled by a non profit, the area is run by an agency) create the establishment of a religion by the government?

I'm sure if they found some twisted metal that looked like the Star of David, it would have been in there.

That is what I was thinking too,the star of David.
What if it had fell or was twisted in a crescent moon? You know that the Muslims would be wanting it put in the museum, and atheists would not be saying a word about.
They said it themselves, that it is just a t bar of the building. If they believe that, then they don't need to complain about it at all.
To Christians it is a sign that God took all of those that died, into heaven because this is a religious war.

What if it had fell or was twisted in a crescent moon? You know that the Muslims would be wanting it put in the museum, and atheists would not be saying a word about.
They said it themselves, that it is just a t bar of the building. If they believe that, then they don't need to complain about it at all.
To Christians it is a sign that God took all of those that died, into heaven because this is a religious war.

I can't recall if your into religion deeply or not.

But, Do you know how crazy that sounds?

There were thousands of t-bars, there had to be more than one that looked like a cross.

Lets let them all into the 911 area.

Prayer-wheels-610x457.jpg

incense.jpg

252525.jpg

Praying+at+the+Wat.JPG

egypt-prayer-tahri_1818493c.jpg

funerary.jpg

I can't recall if your into religion deeply or not.

But, Do you know how crazy that sounds?

There were thousands of t-bars, there had to be more than one that looked like a cross.

No more crazy if it had been bent and broken off enough to form into a crescent moon. Many Muslims would see that as God's sign.
Many of the t bars made it but they were not as perfect as the one that they found, and are using now.
$other t bars WTC.jpg
The ones that did make it were too damaged and bent to actually be a perfect cross, but this one was.
The ones who found it believed it also.
Cross Found At WTC Site!
Why do Atheists want to take away our belief and comfort, just because they don't have any faith or believe in God.
This is minority ruling over the majority. We have a Constitution that says freedom of religion not freedom from religion.

Because the falling steel didn't form a star of david, or a buddha, or a crescent. It formed this, and people saw it as a symbol of the events that day.

How does allowing this on the grounds of a place that isn't even government controlled (it is controlled by a non profit, the area is run by an agency) create the establishment of a religion by the government?
Yeah, I get it. It's considered a holy relic.

Still, it is divisive not to include symbols from the religions of all that died.

Still, it is divisive not to include symbols from the religions of all that died.

Try it, and the atheists would probably sue over that too.

Again, where does this create the establishment of a religon in the context of the 1st amendment? Do people have to deposit a coin into the cross if they see it?

People who are offended by this need to get a fucking life.

Try it, and the atheists would probably sue over that too.

Again, where does this create the establishment of a religon in the context of the 1st amendment? Do people have to deposit a coin into the cross if they see it?

People who are offended by this need to get a fucking life.

From what I understand, the Federal government is pouring money into the memorial. So yeah, IMO, it should be all religions or none. And if any atheists died that day, they could have some sort of representation as well.

Forum List

Back