Atheist Group Files Lawsuit Against Prayer at Presidential Inauguration

Once again. Separation of church and state. The left is hijacking it to get rid of freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

Sadly, that's not likely to happen since most people recognize your kind as being lunatics and would never want to associate with them publicly.

Are you implying that it's somehow not at all the thing to be lesbo?

Where's Sky Dancer to get all worked up?

I personally think religion is a bunch of garbage, but hey, I believe in freedom of religion (which would also include freedom from religion if one so chooses).
Some minor atheist group wants to make some minor stink about it, so some major MSM source wants to make some major stink about it.
Are they raising a stink because he wants to swear his oath on a bible? What if he wanted to swear his oath on 'Green Eggs and Ham'? What the hell would people do then? Would the religious fundamentalist have a fit?

ZZZ

It's just for free publicity/attention nothing more.

Oh and sadly there are idiots in every group that pull stuff like this. Best to ignore them.

The head of an atheist group told FOX News Radio on Tuesday that by allowing a prayer at President-elect Obama's inauguration, the government is subjecting atheists and agonostics to someone else's religious beliefs.

Atheist Group Files Lawsuit Against Prayer at Presidential Inauguration - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

Go Atheists!!!

"The 34-page legal complaint similarly seeks to enjoin Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, Jr., from adding the phrase "So help me God" to the presidential oath of office."

It absolutely should be removed from the oath of office. Otherwise a president elect who was atheist or who had strong convictions about the seperation of church and state, as many religious people do, would be unable to take the oath of office to which he/ she was elected!!!

This is similar to some court proceedings in which some citizens are prevented from performing jury duty or giving testimony because of their religious or ethical beliefs.

Last edited:
Go Atheists!!!

"The 34-page legal complaint similarly seeks to enjoin Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, Jr., from adding the phrase "So help me God" to the presidential oath of office."

It absolutely should be removed from the oath of office. Otherwise a president elect who was atheist or who had strong convictions about the seperation of church and state, as many religious people do, would be unable to take the oath of office to which he/ she was elected!!!

This is similar to some court proceedings in which some citizens are prevented from performing jury duty or giving testimony because of their religious or ethical beliefs.
um, as far as i know, it isnt a part of the oath

George Washington said it on his own and everyone else has done so out of tradition

George Washington said it on his own and everyone else has done so out of tradition

It that's so, then I guess they have no case on that point.

It is, however, required of potential members of a jury in my state in the courtrooms of judges that insist on it.

If Obama wants to say it, I think it's fair to allow it but Judge Roberts should not say it or require it of him.

I also do not belive a prayer has any place in this ceremony.

Forum List

Back