Atheist Complains About Cross On Football Helmets.

Atheists are the most miserable people on the planet, the biggest whiners and chronically unhappy

Last edited:
I knew a racist, beyond conservative* atheist.......................difficult to converse with. Oh, it was "liberal" on abortion and the state benefits it received. Why atheists search for offense is the question, why not ignore that which you do not believe in?

*Apologies to true conservatives, that is the term it used, not my term.

I am getting so tired of organizations giving into the atheists, outside groups, whiners. Just tell them to suck it up. The world is a big place and has to accommodate a lot of people.

They should have told the atheists it was actually a "t" for "true friend" and to knock it off.

I knew a racist, beyond conservative* atheist.......................difficult to converse with. Oh, it was "liberal" on abortion and the state benefits it received. Why atheists search for offense is the question, why not ignore that which you do not believe in?

*Apologies to true conservatives, that is the term it used, not my term.

Not to worry.:)

What the team should have done is make it voluntary if they didn't already. That way it becomes a freedom of speech issue. But unfortunately it is easier, and cheaper, to just give into the left wing bigotry then it is to pay and fight the issue.

Atheists, liberals, democrats all want it their way regardless of how meaningless is the issue.

What the team should have done is make it voluntary if they didn't already. That way it becomes a freedom of speech issue. But unfortunately it is easier, and cheaper, to just give into the left wing bigotry then it is to pay and fight the issue.
Atheists, liberals, democrats all want it their way regardless of how meaningless is the issue.

Excellent point. Too bad they didn't think of that!

I am a Democrat, and think the majority of atheist demands are ridiculous.

If the person didn't like what is there, they should have just changed it to where it would go with whatever it is that they stand for. That is what I would do.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Complaint leads to removal of memorial cross on Arkansas State helmet CollegeFootballTalk

One of the favorite arguments of homosexuals is that, gay marriage is not hurting anyone. I wonder how they feel about this story?

The team should tell

Correct. It is voluntary, and the notion his is not a violation of church and state in any way, shape for form,
Complaint leads to removal of memorial cross on Arkansas State helmet CollegeFootballTalk

One of the favorite arguments of homosexuals is that, gay marriage is not hurting anyone. I wonder how they feel about this story?

From the article:

“I am 100 percent in support of our coaches’ and players’ expression of faith, as well as their choice to honor the two individuals associated with our team who passed away by voluntarily wearing a cross decal on the back of their helmets,” [Arkansas State Athletic Director] Mohajir said in a statement shared to KAIT in Jonesboro. “After consulting with University counsel, we have been advised to either modify the decal or remove it completely. Thus, in order to ensure that we are in full compliance with Constitutional law, we will be modifying the decal to still honor the two individuals who are no longer with us.”​

"[F]ull compliance with Constitutional law"?! The University counsel should be fired.

This voluntary action on the part of his teammates, especially at the collegiate level of expression, is not a breach of the principle of separation of church and state in any way, shape or form. The complaint is not just frivolous, but moonbat stupid. And the person who made the complaint is a shrewish pissant.

Actually, I'm disgusted with the Director Mohajir and the University counsel.

Last edited:

It was voluntary. The complaint is ridiculous.

Wrong.

A citizen correctly recognized a violation of the First Amendment and the Constitution's requirement that government not endorse religion:

'According to documents provided to USA Today by Arkansas State, Jonesboro, Ark., attorney Louis Nisenbaum sent an email to University Counsel Lucinda McDaniel on Saturday, pointing out that he noticed the crosses while watching Arkansas State’s game at Tennessee earlier that day.

“That is a clear violation of the Establishment Clause as a state endorsement of the Christian religion,” Nisenbaum wrote. “Please advise whether you agree and whether ASU will continue this practice.”'

Helmet Cross Decal Banned From Arkansas State University Football Team

To the school's credit the crosses were removed, in compliance with the Constitution and its case law.

Wrong.

A citizen correctly recognized a violation of the First Amendment and the Constitution's requirement that government not endorse religion:

'According to documents provided to USA Today by Arkansas State, Jonesboro, Ark., attorney Louis Nisenbaum sent an email to University Counsel Lucinda McDaniel on Saturday, pointing out that he noticed the crosses while watching Arkansas State’s game at Tennessee earlier that day.

“That is a clear violation of the Establishment Clause as a state endorsement of the Christian religion,” Nisenbaum wrote. “Please advise whether you agree and whether ASU will continue this practice.”'

To the school's credit the crosses were removed, in compliance with the Constitution and its case law.

I just wish the school would stand up to the left wing bullies and fight for the students rights of free expression. But it cost too much and the left wing knows that so they get their way every time. How a cross on a helmet can be construed as establishing a religion only a left wing zealot would know.

Atheists are the most miserable people on the planet, the biggest whiners and chronically unhappy
They are rotten fucked up in the head douche bags who are in dire need of a severe ass kicking,.
All the Atheist does is complain. They are like your little 8 year old sister going through her tattling phase. Except with the Atheist, it's not a phase. Its a permanent state of being.

Wrong.

The players are endosing THEIR religious beliefs. Not the school.
Just as kids can pray over a meal before consuming or organize an after school religious study club. Same thing...
BTW, there is no such thing as "separation of church and state"...
The First Amendment's ONLY mention of religion is in the Establishment Clause.
In fact the First Amendment states precisely the opposite of the liberal view. Congress shall not "Prohibit the free expression thereof"
Those football helmets do not belong to the school. They belong to the taxpayers. And taxpayers have the right to free expression of their religion. So do their children.
Case closed. Atheists and libs can go piss up a Sequoya

Wrong.

:trolls:

Hey! For all you atheist haters out there, not all of us give a crap about crosses on helmets, or on statues.
As an atheist, here's what I'm fine with:
1. Crosses or other religious jewelry and symbols. It can be on whatever you want it on (statues, buildings, clothing, helmets).
2. The Ten Commandments on stone, on government property.
3. The pledge of allegiance with the word god in it.
4. The word Christmas.
5. The word Christmas tree.
6. Christmas carols (they're pleasant sounding).
7. Christmas decorations.
8. Our currency having the words, "in god we trust," on it (all I care about is that it spends), it can say "in greed I trust," for all I care (which would more accurately define our nation anyway).
9. Churches, temples and synagogues.
10. Religions which are more civilized and less judgemental than the Abrahamic religions: Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikh, Jainism, Pagan.
11. Prayer in your church/temple/synagogue, prayer in your religous groups studies, prayer in your religious retreats, prayer in your homes, prayer in privately funded religious schools, prayer on street corners.
Here's what I'm NOT fine with:
1. Religious zealots who keep coming onto my property trying to "enlighten" me about their particular brand of nonsense (always and I do mean ALWAYS, it's some faction of Christians). If we aren't in their wacky church, we aren't interested.
2. Religious zealots who want to turn our nation into a theocracy (I'll be happy to take up arms against those nutters).
3. Prayer in public schools (a moment of silence is acceptable).
So, the next time you hear that some rabid atheist nutcase objects to some religious symbol, remember that he/she doesn't speak for all of us and thus you shouldn't lump us all together.

Since you asked for an opinion from a homosexual, you are going to get one.

First as a homosexual, of course, I don't see how this involves homosexuals.

Second, I think it's absolutely ridiculous to force the team to change their helmets. Anybody who is offended by this needs to be told that being offended is a choice. And if you simply choose not to be offended you wouldn't be. Works perfectly.

I as a CRISTIAN would have no problem wearing a helmet with a star of David on it to memorialize something relevant to Judaism. If I had to be a bitch about it, I would quit playing.

People having the ability to wash away anything they don't like because they are offended by it is ridiculous.

Forum List

Back