Atheist billboards

As I said, it depends on the definition used. One problem with English is our words often have many more meanings than one. While not being religious, you do believe that life started or you would not be here, but as to what or how it started you may not believe that it was guided by another intelligence (the religious definition of what a god is) but that something else did. However, by the original definition of what a god is, without religious alignment many admit that Sol is what grants and takes our lives now and it currently is the one thing we are powerless of. We need Sol, but at the same time it can and does kill us. So again, it's definition of the word that people are changing so they can say everything is a religion, while they are not accurate either. Believing that something is a god doesn't make you religious, it makes you smart. There are a lot of gods for us today, science has proven that, Sol and every star is a god, black holes (if they truly exist) would be considered gods, etc.. By scientific standards these things are gods, but by religious standards they are not because they lack intelligence.

Though a very small explanation of the word, and if you read even more, the word god could just mean any spirit as wel:
Online Etymology Dictionary

I thought about this some more. I don't think it describes my way of seeing the word because I don't think of things like the sun as being powerful alone. It needs the laws of physics to do what it does. All matter and energy are dependant on other matter and energy.
As for giving life. To me life has always existed and always will, there is no begininning or end or edge to the universe.

My way of thinking may be related to the fact that I was not exposed to religion or myth, besides Santa, till I was about 6 or 7. And after that have had little exposure to religious ideas or culture.

Perhaps yours is influenced by your Christain upbringing. I think I remember you saying you had grown up among fundamentalists.

Some atheists and agnostics I know band together on a message board to discuss not only how to navigate in an intolerant society without having to live a lie, but also why they are atheists, how they came to be atheists if they were something else before and if not, why they never were attracted to a belief system. It's interesting to see the variations in what atheism means even within an atheist community.

I don't know of any atheists actively recruiting from the ranks of the religious. Never heard of it. Never once been woken from my Saturday afternoon nap by some pushy salesman from the Church of It Isn't Enough That I Believe What I Believe, Everyone Else Has To Too In Order For Me to Win The All Paid Vacation In Paradise.

Atheists just want to be left alone, respected and tolerated in this multicultural society just as Jews respect Catholics, Methodists respect Muslims, etc.

I've never tried to convert anyone. I figure it will come to people on their own. It's such a simple common sense thing. But when confronted and browbeaten by religious fascists, of which their are plenty, or when asked out of sincere interest and curiousity by ordinary believers, of which there are also plenty, to explain why I see the world the way I do, I do voice my thoughts.
Some take it well, some don't.
But hey, if you don't like atheists, don't ask or force your rituals and prayers on us and we won't tell.

:clap2::clap2:

What cracks me the hell up the most is the people who talk the most about God are the ones who don't believe in him! :lol:

If the rabid christians stopped trying to force their religion on us and everyone else, you wouldn't hear a peep from us. We must talk about your god to show how ridiculous your beliefs are.

We talk about the movies, the weather and how to prevent having our constitutional rights violated.

OK how are your constitutional rights violated. And don't give me the "In God We trust" on the money argument.

You have the right to say whatever you want, believe whatever you want and do does everyone else.

religion is all around you and if you think the mere existence of religion is an offense then you'd better get a thicker skin.

And really, can't you talk about the weather and movies with anyone no matter who they pray, or don't pray to?

Or do you only interact with other atheists?

Nothing worse than a self proclaimed atheist blathering on about what all other self proclaimed atheists believe or don't believe, have experienced or not experienced, need or do not need.
Well, maybe being tormented by bible thumpers determined to ruin your Saturday afternoon nap with irritating doorbell ringing is worse.
Skull pilot, you should just stop calling yourself an atheist and trying to pwn the definition. Call yourself a skull pilot and you can be one all on your own.

so you just don't want people ringing your doorbell?

that's easy how about a "No Soliciting" sign?

God (yes i said it) I fucking hate whiners.

so you just don't want people ringing your doorbell?

that's easy how about a "No Soliciting" sign?

God (yes i said it) I fucking hate whiners.

Brilliant. Except the God salespeople that come around my house say they aren't soliciters. They are doing God's work and I will thank them someday, they say.

But they aren't the problem people ...

OK how are your constitutional rights violated. And don't give me the "In God We trust" on the money argument.

You have the right to say whatever you want, believe whatever you want and do does everyone else.

religion is all around you and if you think the mere existence of religion is an offense then you'd better get a thicker skin.

And really, can't you talk about the weather and movies with anyone no matter who they pray, or don't pray to?

Or do you only interact with other atheists?

I don't believe you are atheist. You're a phoney.

If the rabid christians stopped trying to force their religion on us and everyone else, you wouldn't hear a peep from us. We must talk about your god to show how ridiculous your beliefs are.

what a bunch of bullshit. There are no rabid christians. If you atheists just shut the fuck up and got out of everybodies faces notbody would know or give a fuck that you were an atheist.
In fact, the picture in my mind of your being worm food makes me smile! :lol:

what a bunch of bullshit. There are no rabid christians. If you atheists just shut the fuck up and got out of everybodies faces notbody would know or give a fuck that you were an atheist.
In fact, the picture in my mind of your being worm food makes me smile! :lol:

Worm food and glee at the imagined death of others.... must be a rabid Christian thing.

Worm food and glee at the imagined death of others.... must be a rabid Christian thing.

well, that's what atheists believe in isn't it? Why shouldn't I be happy for you? Now you resent someone smiling for you?? too funny Oh! and btw death isn't imagined.. it's coming for you.

Last edited:
well, that's what atheists believe in isn't it? Why shouldn't I be happy for you? Now you resent someone smiling for you?? too funny Oh! and btw death isn't imagined.. it's coming for you.

It's coming for me? What do you mean by that?
Didn't I hear you were banned once?
I guess I understand why.

It's coming for me? What do you mean by that?
Didn't I hear you were banned once?
I guess I understand why.

well, if death isn't coming for you, you will be the first person in the universe who avoided death,, but nice try at intimating I meant something evil..I suspect most people knew what I was talking about. but hey if you've figured out how to cheat death let us in on it.

sssshhhh,, give her a little time will ya? she hasn't come to grips with the idea that everybody has to die... be gentle.

sssshhhh,, give her a little time will ya? she hasn't come to grips with the idea that everybody has to die... be gentle.

If anyone will live forever, it's angie. She has that Dorian Gray thing going on, didn't ya know?

Forum List

Back