Atheist billboards

weaker .....:tongue:

weakest :lol:

“In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views.”

Albert Einstein, according to the testimony of Prince Hubertus of Lowenstein; as quoted by Ronald W. Clark, Einstein: The Life and Times, New York: World Publishing Company, 1971, p. 425.

weakest :lol:

“In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views.”

Albert Einstein, according to the testimony of Prince Hubertus of Lowenstein; as quoted by Ronald W. Clark, Einstein: The Life and Times, New York: World Publishing Company, 1971, p. 425.

Prince Hubertus of Lowenstein, doesn't he also go by the name of Clark Rockefeller?
clark-rockefeller-ap.jpg

Last edited:
Prince Hubertus of Lowenstein, doesn't he also go by the name of Clark Rockefeller?

clark-rockefeller-murder-mystery.jpg

nope-different guy

Prince Hubertus zu Loewenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg (October 14, 1906 – November 28, 1984) was a German historian and political figure who was an early opponent of Adolf Hitler. He fled Germany and helped to promote anti Nazism in the United States. He was a former member of Parliament, and was the author of over 40 books.

Hubertus, Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmmm.

Post a direct quote from Einstein where he says "I am not an atheist..." and Anguille ignores it and buggers off. Hard to admit an error, eh? :razz:

nope-different guy

Prince Hubertus zu Loewenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg (October 14, 1906 – November 28, 1984) was a German historian and political figure who was an early opponent of Adolf Hitler. He fled Germany and helped to promote anti Nazism in the United States. He was a former member of Parliament, and was the author of over 40 books.

Hubertus, Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You were supposed to laugh.

When I read Einstein's words I hear atheist, when you read them you hear agnostic, when Tammy Fay reads them I'm sure she hears God fearing something or other.

My original point was to Skull Pilot that plenty of smart people also do NOT believe in God.

Einstein's words support that.

You were supposed to laugh.

When I read Einstein's words I hear atheist, when you read them you hear agnostic, when Tammy Fay reads them I'm sure she hears God fearing something or other.

My original point was to Skull Pilot that plenty of smart people also do NOT believe in God.

Einstein's words support that.

Well, when I hear Einsteins words saying his position is that of an agnostic, and also saying "I am not an atheist," then it is hardly amazing that I hear an agnostic.

As for your point about plenty of smart people not believing in God, that is certainly true, and Einstein did not believe in the kind of God you would associate with Christianity or any other organized religion.

Well, when I hear Einsteins words saying his position is that of an agnostic, and also saying then it is hardly amazing that I hear an agnostic.

As for your point about plenty of smart people not believing in God, that is certainly true, and Einstein did not believe in the kind of God you would associate with Christianity or any other organized religion.

"I am not an atheist," was hearsay. Not admissible.

Are you calling nature lovers disorganized?

But glad you agree on my initial point. Not sure how this thread got sidetracked.

And you totally avoided the question I asked.

If education fosters atheism, how do you explain that most professors in the study cited said they believed in God or a higher power?

Were these professors fundamentalists?

How do you explain Einstein being an atheist?

How do you explain yourself being an atheist?

I have my reasons as do you I am sure, but education is probably not the deciding factor.

But here's a little Einstein chestnut for you

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein, "Science, Philosophy and Religion: a Symposium", 1941
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.

- Albert Einstein, letter to Guy H. Raner Jr., Sept. 28, 1949, quoted by Michael R. Gilmore in Skeptic, Vol. 5, No. 2

or this

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings.

quoted in the New York Times 25 April, 1929

How does that song go?

Any Einstein quote you can post,
I can post better...

Forum List

Back