atheist are darwinist.

'The rational part of religion' is an oxymoron

☭proletarian☭;1824231 said:
I just want to say i think its rather ironic that those who are darwinists and not religious are generally maladaptive from an evolutionary standpoint for long term survival. It's alittle amusing.
What're you babbling about?

I find muslims with bombs on their jackets quite maladaptive.

Religious people reproduce more. They are less likely to murder their children. They are more likely to pass on their beliefs to the next generation.

the Muslim extremists are an outlier. The principle remains correct.

☭proletarian☭;1824238 said:

Only if you presume that you are rational. Im not going to make that leap.

Their main goal is to eradicate religion. They're sorta like the nazis not much difference in the two. The nazis did it openly while the atheist are trying to hide their goal with separation of church and state, little by little they push on trying to gain others for their cause. But just like Hitler they to will not win.

As long as mankind is full of ignorant superstitious people religion will flourish.

Their main goal is to eradicate religion. They're sorta like the nazis not much difference in the two. The nazis did it openly while the atheist are trying to hide their goal with separation of church and state, little by little they push on trying to gain others for their cause. But just like Hitler they to will not win.

As long as mankind is full of ignorant superstitious people religion will flourish.
amen

I just want to say i think its rather ironic that those who are darwinists and not religious are generally maladaptive from an evolutionary standpoint for long term survival. It's alittle amusing.

Religious people reproduce more. They are less likely to murder their children. They are more likely to pass on their beliefs to the next generation.

I want to play that game too. It looks like a fun one.

Umm, let's see,

The religious extreme put themselves in danger more because they want to kill everyone not part of their religion so others hate and fear them.

Many religious don't go to doctors. They go to "faith healers" so they "pray away" their affliction. Of course it doesn't work.

The religious try to delegitimize science because it interferes with their "mystical" beliefs. This makes everyone less safe. I don't think I need to explain why, it's pretty obvious.

The religious try to keep women from having an abortion. Many of these women may be drug addicts who will have a crack addicted baby who the religious don't want to help raise or support in any way letting these babies die after a short and painful life. But hey, they got born.

Many religious disown and ostracize their own children because of who that child loves.

The religious have no sense of "introspection" or guilt over their actions. Why? Because a non-existant God tells them how to live and what to believe.

Oh man, I could go on all day. I love this game.

Their main goal is to eradicate religion

Duh.

I'm still waiting for someone to comment on 'atheist are'

I'll give you that they reproduce more, but I'm betting the statistics say that they also murder their children more often. It is easy to find articles about religious people killing their children for various reasons.

I'll give you that they reproduce more, but I'm betting the statistics say that they also murder their children more often. It is easy to find articles about religious people killing their children for various reasons.

When a child gets sick and the parents decide to "pray away the sickness", then, due to lack of medical care the child dies, they don't consider that murder. They, meaning the religious. They just believe that God wanted that child in "heaven - the land of milk and cookies".

People that withhold health care from children due to religion sicken me. They are terrible people and if they have any other children, the children should be removed before those parents get a chance to kill again. I only wish there was a hell so those parent could burn there.

I understand why they do it. Evolution is the foundation science for biology, botany and physiology. You can't find a reputable licensed medical doctor in the United States that doesn't believe in evolution. They want to take their children to a medical doctor who shares their mystical beliefs, but to become a doctor, you have to nurture intelligence not bury it under crappy religious dogma.

http://www.childrenshealthcare.org/

Children's Healthcare Is a Legal Duty (CHILD, Inc.) is a non-profit national membership organization established in 1983 to protect children from abusive religious and cultural practices, especially religion-based medical neglect. CHILD opposes religious exemptions from duties of care for children. CHILD is a member of the National Child Abuse Coalition.

Click on a picture below to learn about some of the children who have died because of religion-based medical neglect.

Last edited by a moderator:
☭proletarian☭;1824238 said:

Only if you presume that you are rational. Im not going to make that leap.

You claiming that religion is anything more than an illogical delusion made me laugh a little inside. You, and others alike, base your beliefs on a text that has been assembled by other people (aka the catholic church). If I wanted someone else to dictate my every thought, I guess I would be a religious zealot.

Back to the whole eradicating religion thing. I've heard arguments about prayer in school. Obviously evidence to support the atheist agenda. However, how do you decide that prayer should be preached in schools versus it not being preached in schools. As far as I see it, religion prevents children and many adults, as evidence of this forum, from thinking on their own. Religion in school is an extremely powerful tool. After 12 years of religious education, I felt remorse for not eating a piece of WONDERbread. Ironic name. That remorse felt even though I knew i didn't believe in god. If religion is not the ultimate manipulative force in the history of mankind, then i need to go take a few more history classes.

I understand where FAITH can be an extremely useful tool. God can be someone for others to lean on. Someone, in times of troubles, to help you pull through it. However, organized religion is no more than a manipulative tool to control the masses (i'll admit thats a bit conspiracy theory stuff), but it seriously undermines free, logical thinking.

Furthermore, religious people being more maladaptive for evolution. Pull that out of the fiction bullshit section along with the bible. Maybe instead of reading the Bible, you can't count how many lives religion has been responsible for murdering. Can you even count that high?

Remember, religion originated to explain the unexplainable. What we couldn't explain with knowledge, we explained with mysticism. Science has since unlocked several of those doors and let us see a metaphorical light. Science will continue to do so. And I would venture to say, whatever the ultimate answer is, we as a people are not intelligent enough to comprehend.

Moreover, live your own life. If you hear an atheists speaking about his beliefs, don't go all evangelistic and shove some ancient text in their face. Respect their opinions, state your own and agree to disagree. Some food for thought: How many times have you heard someone preaching atheism? I can count that on one hand, well in my case no hands!

Now, How many times have you received a pamphlet urging you to consider God's role in your life? How many times have you been woken up by people banging on your door? Well at least they were selling salvation! Now I don't even think I can count that high.

Lean on FAITH, not organized religion.

who keeps you from engaging in the practice of your religion?

you're just not allowed to make the rest of us practice your religion.

But you don't want prayer in schools, even if atheist children don't have to participate do you.

And you don't want evolution in church, even though the kids can plug their ears.

:meow:

The separation of Church and State.... nothing good has ever come from mixing the two.

I recall lots of the mom-on-kid violence having a 'satan spoke to me' component.

You're right about the reproduction though.

I recall lots of the mom-on-kid violence having a 'satan spoke to me' component.

You're right about the reproduction though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5pL1PUJ59A[/ame]

Forum List

Back