Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the

There is only ONE Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And since 1896 anyone that has more than one wife at anyone time is kicked OUT of the church. It is NOT condoned nor practiced at all. There are no "sects" , there is one Church.

Now unless your going to now claim that a Baptist is just another "sect" of Catholics you have not got a leg to stand on.

Anyone that practices polygamy is Ex Comunicated from the Church.

Now of course if you had any knowledge of the Church you would already have known that.

There is only ONE Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And since 1896 anyone that has more than one wife at anyone time is kicked OUT of the church. It is NOT condoned nor practiced at all. There are no "sects" , there is one Church.

Now unless your going to now claim that a Baptist is just another "sect" of Catholics you have not got a leg to stand on.

Now of course if you had any knowledge of the Church you would already have known that.

http://www.angelfire.com/ms/seanie/mormon/mormonsects.html

http://www.religionfacts.com/mormonism/denominations.htm

http://www.reformmormonism.org/terminology.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_fundamentalism#Mormon_fundamentalist_sects

(Sigh) Pick your favorite and call the others not true religions. Mine is right. Your group is wrong. No I’m right and your group is wrong.

I didn't say they were not religions, I said they are NOT Mormons. You only have a point if you now agree that every person that uses the Bible is in fact a sect of Catholicism.

hehehehe.... You may try to deny the reality of mormon sects but that's about as laughable as the pope trying to ignore the fallout to martin luther's note nailed to the church door. It happens. YOU may not validate their faith but.. gues what... we see baptsits and catholics and everyone in between claim the same about your faith so...

and yes, LUTHERAN is another sect offshoot of catholocism. Pentecostals ARE a branch of evangelical baptism. EXCOMMUNICATION IS NO THREAT to those who feel that THEY are following the path of righteousness better than those they see as pharisees and sadducees in the church.

Martin Luther did it successfully. Apparently, Jo smith took on followers. You really should take a course on comparative denominations.

If you had any knowledge about how YOUR church is viewed in the eyes of the majority of OTHER christian denominations and how this dynamic creates sects... Have you blocked out the word CULT yet, by the way?

Thank your dogma ancestors for moving out of Missouri, too. Just saying.

Also, I don't care how many psychedelic meanderings might have been going on. We don't burn people for hitchcraft and heresy without the direct influence of the RELIGION that defines such as evil worthy of being killed.

Do not suffer a witch? The crusades, inquisition AND Salem counts.

For my pal, RGS:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="370" wmode="transparent" data="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=3e9_1180550096"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=3e9_1180550096"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="quality" value="high"></object>

I didn't say they were not religions, I said they are NOT Mormons. You only have a point if you now agree that every person that uses the Bible is in fact a sect of Catholicism.

If someone considers himself a Mormon, then who you to say that he is not a Mormon. Are you God? Are you his authority? No. I think that Catholicism was the original and, for a while, practically the only form of Christianity. Then Protestantism grew. Therefore, in a sense, Christian religions, for the most part, are offshoots of Catholicism. Then, who is to say what Christian religion is right or wrong? Perhaps Baptists (Protestants) are right and Catholics are wrong. Perhaps not.

You only have a point if you now agree that every person that uses the Bible is in fact a sect of Catholicism

If you really want to get technical... ALL branches of christianity WERE spawned from roman (catholic) church.

It seems that the Islamofacist madness is limited to the US, although there are signs that the manufactured outrage is spreading.

I say pig's arse to pig's heads in Camden.

It seems that the Islamofacist madness is limited to the US, although there are signs that the manufactured outrage is spreading.

I say pig's arse to pig's heads in Camden.

The Red Scare also reached hysteria pitch in the Reich. So did Orson Welles' Martian Scare! :rolleyes: (It's the proliferation of those inferior, inherently cowardly Souper genes, y'know :eusa_snooty: )

And even though Ming The Merciless tried his boot-licking British best to have us running around like chooks with their heads cut off cackling "Kosaken Kommen!... Kosaken Kommen!!" too, he never quite pulled it off.

Too many Commo's among the convicts! ;)

The Red Scare also reached hysteria pitch in the Reich. So did Orson Welles' Martian Scare! :rolleyes: (It's the proliferation of those inferior, inherently cowardly Souper genes, y'know :eusa_snooty: )

And even though Ming The Merciless tried his boot-licking British best to have us running around like chooks with their heads cut off cackling "Kosaken Kommen!... Kosaken Kommen!!" too, he never quite pulled it off.

Too many Commo's among the convicts! ;)

Hybrid vigour :D

Hybrid vigour :D

What a difference a couple of boatloads of popular-as-the-rats-under-the-house religious reffos can make, eh?

There but for the pig-headedness of a bunch of drunken Cafflik Gaels go I ...(shudder!!)

Imagine spending Sundays thrashing around the floor, foaming at the mouth, and gibbering absolute drivel - in what you imagine ancient Hebrew sounded like, "Shalamala bumbula basha cumgula kaat!" :lol:

Of course there is always an eager-to-get-even-with-a-religious-rival Deacon Dateball's, official translator of Tongues for the congregation, that translates this idiocy as, "Deacon Billy-Bob Barleycorn and Sister Hanna Banna are having an extra marital affair!" :rofl: :rofl:

I shouldn't laugh, this is exactly what all those dim-witted, door-knocking fuck-wits from Fly-over country and Dixie, together with their Tele-preacher pals, are getting feeble-minded Aussies to imitate!

Ever checked out "Hillsong"? FRIGHTENING!

What a difference a couple of boatloads of popular-as-the-rats-under-the-house religious reffos can make, eh?

There but for the pig-headedness of a bunch of drunken Cafflik Gaels go I ...(shudder!!)

Imagine spending Sundays thrashing around the floor, foaming at the mouth, and gibbering absolute drivel - in what you imagine ancient Hebrew sounded like, "Shalamala bumbula basha cumgula kaat!" :lol:

Of course there is always an eager-to-get-even-with-a-religious-rival Deacon Dateball's, official translator of Tongues for the congregation, that translates this idiocy as, "Deacon Billy-Bob Barleycorn and Sister Hanna Banna are having an extra marital affair!" :rofl: :rofl:

I shouldn't laugh, this is exactly what all those dim-witted, door-knocking fuck-wits from Fly-over country and Dixie, together with their Tele-preacher pals, are getting feeble-minded Aussies to imitate!

Ever checked out "Hillsong"? FRIGHTENING!

I've only seen videos of the Happy Clappers at Hillsong but I can say that they are a bunch of wild-eyed nutters where the men wear nice ties and the ladies wear sensible shoes (no, not those kinds of ladies). I don't mind them conducting whatever looney tunes services they wish but I'm bloody glad that their influence over the federal government just got the boot.

I've only seen videos of the Happy Clappers at Hillsong but I can say that they are a bunch of wild-eyed nutters where the men wear nice ties and the ladies wear sensible shoes (no, not those kinds of ladies). I don't mind them conducting whatever looney tunes services they wish but I'm bloody glad that their influence over the federal government just got the boot.

Ned Flandiddly-anders Land!:eusa_sick: :eusa_sick: :eusa_sick:

Imagine that you would not even shake hands with a person who was a Mormon? Wow! Maybe he was just jealous and thought why can't I have five wives. "Ah come on, you all don't have headaches?" :)

Mormons have certain beliefs which orthodox Christians find bizarre. Orthodox Christians of various denominations have beliefs which other orthodox Christians find bizarre. Non-Christian religous people find core Christian beliefs bizarre. And atheists find all religious beliefs bizarre.

Since we all have to live together (extermination of the believers-in-the-bizarre generally having not succeeded, although it has certainly been tried often enough), it is best not to press on why someone believes, or refuses to believe X. So long as they leave you alone.

A good guide is to see what a particular denomination does when it has political power.

The Roman Catholics used to hinder various rivals in various ways in countries where they had the government. But no more.

The Mormons have at least one really horrible massacre, including women and children, to their credit. But today they are quite nice.

The various fundamentalist Protestant sects in the US sound scary, occasionally, but they don't really mean it. You can be an atheist homosexual Communist in Mississippi and have nothing to fear from the law. (Watch out for drunken rednecks though.)

Our Muslim friends have a much spottier record, sadly.

Of course West-hating Lefties ignore that, since Muslims are the new anti-imperialist vanguard, and concentrate their fire on harmless Christians.

And atheists find all religious beliefs bizarre.

Our Muslim friends have a much spottier record, sadly.

Of course West-hating Lefties ignore that, since Muslims are the new anti-imperialist vanguard, and concentrate their fire on harmless Christians.

Not at all, I think if you can believe it can be quite comforting in a world which doesn't always make sense.

They all have a spotty record.

That last line is your own wacky assumption.

Forum List

Back