Atheism is the believe that something came out of nothing and we're all going nowhere

If that's the case, then he's right! In that idea at least...

What exactly would you argue against that?

Religions are comprised of people feasting on your need to believe in something to make your life more meaningful. They use you and those needs, and lead you down false paths.

If there is one TRUE religion, then the rest are doing exactly that. If there isn't a TRUE religion, then they're ALL doing exactly that...

How does the understanding of that logical principle make me a dumbass?

And btw, I seriously doubt you are religion-free. You are probably the biggest fanatic in these discussions, arguing for and supporting things that defy common sense, logic, science, and just plain being good.
I see. So you probably agree with the Communist Party of China too.

The Communist Party of China (CPC) is letting its members know that the party’s official adherence to militant atheism has not changed; Party members are not allowed to be Christians, or to hold any other religious beliefs. That is the clear message sent by a top Party official in an editorial published on November 14 in the Global Times, the international version of People’s Daily, the official newspaper and mouthpiece of the CPC.

The editorial, written by Zhou Weiqun, chairman of the Committee on Ethnic and Religious Affairs of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, blasted Chinese academics who suggest that Communist Party members can also adhere to any religion. This prohibition against religion has been a “consistently upheld principle” since Mao Zedong, the founder of the People’s Republic of China, declared Zhou. “It’s impossible to have another choice besides the dialectical materialist worldview.”

China’s Communist Party Reaffirms Marxism, Maoism, Atheism
Why should even truer communists, take deists seriously, if they cannot obey, simple Commandments from a god, and need secular and temporal, Government (by fellow men)?
Then don't. Problem solved.
don't complain about the Muslim Religion; be Patriotic, we have a First Amendment.
Who is complaining, lol?

Logic doesn't work well with this one. He has a belief that transcends all others. He's worse than i thought....

He's stuck in 1950's beliefs of a scared person, breathing McCarthyisms, and he doesn't want to hear any argument related to a First Amendment.

Somebody needs to dig him out of his bomb shelter, and show him modern life.

Logic doesn't work well with this one. He has a belief that transcends all others. He's worse than i thought....

He's stuck in 1950's beliefs of a scared person, breathing McCarthyisms, and he doesn't want to hear any argument related to a First Amendment.

Somebody needs to dig him out of his bomb shelter, and show him modern life.
Take it easy on Daniel.

lol, no, I think Daniel speaks some truths that you just dismissed, and avoided.

He says that you do need to be ruled by men, in order to follow your god. People like you can't just do it based on faith alone.

But actually, you can do it on your own. Religions are trying to tell you that you can't, and that you need their human rulers to guide you, while they collect your money and your allegiance, while your soul goes down the drain...

You can be a man of faith, and follow a strong moral code, without the need for others telling you how to do it...

That's where you're lost. If there is nobody for you to follow for guidance, you will probably walk straight off a cliff on your own.

Not everyone is as weak-minded as you...

lol, no, I think Daniel speaks some truths that you just dismissed, and avoided.

He says that you do need to be ruled by men, in order to follow your god. People like you can't just do it based on faith alone.

But actually, you can do it on your own. Religions are trying to tell you that you can't, and that you need their human rulers to guide you, while they collect your money and your allegiance, while your soul goes down the drain...

You can be a man of faith, and follow a strong moral code, without the need for others telling you how to do it...

That's where you're lost. If there is nobody for you to follow for guidance, you will probably walk straight off a cliff on your own.

Not everyone is as weak-minded as you...
In an society or organization there will necessarily be a hierarchy. That does not negate our free will or imply we are "ruled" by men. If you want to see me as weak minded or a puppet of other, go right ahead. I couldn't care less what your opinion is of me.

Hierarchy does not apply in matters of faith. If you choose to be a lemming, then so be it.

Just recognize that in future discussions of this subject...

Hierarchy does not apply in matters of faith. If you choose to be a lemming, then so be it.

Just recognize that in future discussions of this subject...
Hierarchy applies to organizations of faith because hierarchy applies to all organizations. We will see which of us is the lemming by which of us go over the edge of the cliff.

New Topics

Forum List

Back