Atheism is not a religion!

It's a debatable point. Buddhists argue amongst ourselves as to whether Buddhism is a religion or a philosophy or way of life.

Last edited:
There's no hats, no robes, no insense, no rituals, no churches, synagogues or mosques, no saints, no outrageous demands, and no rules.

Without these, you don't have a religion and atheism has none of those.

Those things do not make a religion. Belief makes a religion.

thus the religion of Palin?

And no this is not a deflection, etc.
You said this in your post, just putting what you said into a different perspective to expose the error of your conclusion.

Last edited:
There's no hats, no robes, no insense, no rituals, no churches, synagogues or mosques, no saints, no outrageous demands, and no rules.

Without these, you don't have a religion and atheism has none of those.

You said this in your post, just putting what you said into a different perspective to expose the error of your conclusion.

Palin is a born again Christian. She isn't her own religion.

Then why do so many athetists feel the need to evangelize the word that there is NO GOD?

If you act like a religious fanatic, why be surprise when people assume you are a religious fanatic?

Then why do so many athetists feel the need to evangelize the word that there is NO GOD?

If you act like a religious fanatic, why be surprise when people assume you are a religious fanatic?

I've often wondered about that myself. Don't you think it's just that human beings like to argue? It's quite different than having a policy to evangelize, knock on peoples doors because it's a religious tenet.

Last edited:

but masses of people had Belief/faith in her. Isn't that what makes a religion?

Last edited:

but masses of people had FAITH in her.

Masses of people were ATTRACTED to her. They identified with her.

There's a difference between faith and confidence. I try and explain to people that I don't consider myself as a Buddhist to have faith--but confidence in the Buddha's teachings. I've tried the meditations and have noticed a positive effect on my mind. This gives me confidence that I'm on the right track.

People often mistakenly use "religion" and "faith" synonymously. There are not the same.

There are people of devout faith that are completely without religion.

There are people without faith who practice religion.

Atheism to me is an acknowledged absence of faith (or belief in a deity). To some atheists, this has become a religion, to others it has not.

I am getting tired of this argument. Atheism is NOT a religion but a lack of religion. There are people who take this to the extreme but that does not make atheism a religion. That extremism tends to come fourth because we live in a largely religious world and many of those religious people tend to look down at or attack atheists in general. Atheism is and always will be a LACK of religious conviction of any sort. I do not believe in god because there is a lack of evidence for god. That is not a religious belief but a total lack of a belief at all. Should it be possible to show evidence for god one day. I would gladly begin a life of faith. Until that comes I will not believe in any religion.

ATHEISM IS NOT A RELIGION!

I think you can say that with some accuracy, but to some … their atheism takes on all the features of a religion. I am an atheist, and I leave it pretty much alone in argument. I see no benefit in arguing it, and I would be doing those who benefit from their religious belief a disservice if I could dissuade them from it.

Why, for instance, would an atheist become a member of an organization for atheists? (IE “The Godless Americans”)

To me these are folks who haven’t sufficiently accepted their own lack of belief to live with it comfortably.

But that is just my opinion.

There sure is an atheist organization

The Allied Atheist Alliegence!

org_1032.jpg

They shall crush you! Like a clam on thier tummies!

Forum List

Back