ATF To Join NYPD In Fighting New York City Gun Crimes

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm confused. NYC has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation. You need a permit to simply own a gun and it's next to impossible to get a permit to carry one.

So, how can they possibly have all this gun crime that they need to bring in the feds in to assist?

CBS2 Exclusive ATF To Join Anti-Gun Efforts In NYC CBS New York

I'm confused. NYC has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation. You need a permit to simply own a gun and it's next to impossible to get a permit to carry one.

So, how can they possibly have all this gun crime that they need to bring in the feds in to assist?

The guns are coming in from the red states since its easy to get them there and coming up though I-95 and being sold on the streets

Out-of-state guns used in most NY gun crimes - NY Daily News

The guns are coming in from the red states since its easy to get them there and coming up though I-95 and being sold on the streets

What difference does it make where they're coming from? The law says they can't have them, therefore they shouldn't be there. The law says so.

We're already an occupied city under constant surveillance living at the beginning of a military dictatorship

No one needs permits, nor permission to own guns, anywhere. People can get guns anywhere, and at any time. People sell guns out of the truck of their cars, on the internet, and through individuals that they know. So, gun problems in NYC shouldn't surprise anyone. NYC has thugs, gangs, illegal drugs, turf wars, and the same crimes as any other metropolitan area in this country. Gun control is nothing more than political fodder and attempts at impressing the voters. It's the same as the failed war on illegal drugs and prostitution. Hell, we can't even stop illegals from crossing our borders, and it's illegal for them to be here.

Which do you think came first -- the gun supply or the law?

C'mon, you can do this....
Linear time: it's what's for dinner.

What difference does it make where they're coming from? The law says they can't have them, therefore they shouldn't be there. The law says so.
Just curious here. How many drug dealers, gang members, thugs, and robbers obey our laws? Have any idea? So, because it's against the law, gangs, drug dealers, thugs, and robbers are going to turn in their guns? Pleeeeeease ......

I dont find needing a permit to own a fuggin gun to be considered aome egregious "control" unless the permit process becomes somehow unreasonable.

Id prefer the permit be necessary. It makes a lot of sense.

We're already an occupied city under constant surveillance living at the beginning of a military dictatorship
And yet you stay..

Bootstraps? Personal responsibility?

Youre by proxy in agreement wth it all by staying bud.

The OP's point clearly was about 12 feet over some of yall's head.

It would very interesting to see a major city like NYC drop all of it's gun bullshit for one year and see what it does to crime levels.

I mean 8M people policed by 40,000 cops , a criminal does have pretty good odds of not being confronted with a gun in NYC , so they are more likely to commit crime. That's just logical.

Where I live, we RARELY have home invasions or the like. Partly because of our demographics, and partly because EVERYONE has a gun in the house.

I dont find needing a permit to own a fuggin gun to be considered aome egregious "control" unless the permit process becomes somehow unreasonable.

It's a waste of time and money. Things like that are for good honest people that have no intention nor desire to go postal, or to commit crimes. The bad guys laugh at such laws. Gun runners profit from such laws. And, the taxpayers are paying mega bucks to stop that which can't be stopped.

It would very interesting to see a major city like NYC drop all of it's gun bullshit for one year and see what it does to crime levels.

I mean 8M people policed by 40,000 cops , a criminal does have pretty good odds of not being confronted with a gun in NYC , so they are more likely to commit crime. That's just logical.

Where I live, we RARELY have home invasions or the like. Partly because of our demographics, and partly because EVERYONE has a gun in the house.

Cum hoc fallacy. We won't even bother with the term "everyone"...

I think the concept of linear time is over the OP's head. He seems to think when you pass a law it goes into the past and works retroactively.

It's a waste of time and money. Things like that are for good honest people that have no intention nor desire to go postal, or to commit crimes. The bad guys laugh at such laws. Gun runners profit from such laws. And, the taxpayers are paying mega bucks to stop that which can't be stopped.
gun control and non gun control ....NOTHING will ever stop criminals...

Still its best to err on the side of caution from mentally disabled persons or unstable oersons from buying a gun free and clear of any process

Cum hoc fallacy.

How's it a fallacy Pogo?

You are an idiot.

Criminals ARE obviously more unlikely to rob armed people.

That's not up for debate.

You can argue that the benefit of such is outweighed by the dangers of an armed populace. THAT is a valid debate.

There is however ZERO debate on whether the average criminal will avoid an armed person in favor of an unarmed one. They obviously will.

As with every rule, there are exceptions.

Still its best to err on the side of caution from mentally disabled persons or unstable oersons from buying a gun free and clear of any process

I support universal background checks, which is not the same thing as saying that those who pass such background checks shouldn't be able to own guns.

I support universal background checks, which is not the same thing as saying that those who pass such background checks shouldn't be able to own guns.
I think most reasonable people who arent hardcore would man. Its rational, thats all.

I think most reasonable people who arent hardcore would man. Its rational, thats all.

Rational and non hard core , not much of that on USMB

But, the point is that laws do not stop anyone from getting a gun if they want one bad enough. Do our laws stop drug addicts from buying drugs? Do our laws stop illegals from crossing our borders? Do our laws stop government corruption? FYI - Laws are for good honest citizens. The others couldn't care less about our laws. Even our judicial system is corrupt, they're the ones responsible for ensuring laws are obeyed. Judges are corrupt, lawyers are corrupt, and it's hard to find anyone that obeys laws. Good people obey laws, everyone else ignores them.

I support the right to keep and bear arms, period. A disarmed citizenry is the worst thing that could happen to this country.

But, the point is that laws do not stop anyone from getting a gun if they want one bad enough. Do our laws stop drug addicts from buying drugs? Do our laws stop illegals from crossing our borders? Do our laws stop government corruption? FYI - Laws are for good honest citizens. The others couldn't care less about our laws. Even our judicial system is corrupt, they're the ones responsible for ensuring laws are obeyed. Judges are corrupt, lawyers are corrupt, and it's hard to find anyone that obeys laws. Good people obey laws, everyone else ignores them.

You're right of course Sonny, all our laws do is prevent the person who MIGHT do something from not doing it.

Hell , I love to drive fast. If there were no speed limits I'd drive 100 MPH everywhere I went. But there ARE speed limits, therefor I don't. So, in MY case speed limits work.

Truth is, we don't know how many lives have been saved due to gun laws... It's more than 1 though, I'd bet money on that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back