ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed in

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Matthew, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,173
    ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed in July 2010 - CBS News Investigates - CBS News

WASHINGTON - New documents obtained by CBS News show Attorney General Eric Holder was sent briefings on the controversial Fast and Furious operation as far back as July 2010. That directly contradicts his statement to Congress

On May 3, 2011, Holder told a Judiciary Committee hearing, "I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks."

Yet internal Justice Department documents show that at least ten months before that hearing, Holder began receiving frequent memos discussing Fast and Furious.

Read more at the link:

Well this certainly is impeachable as it's far, far worst then Clintons sex lies or even Nixions water gate. No one died in both of thoses, but over 200 mexicans are now dead with what Obama and holder did with a border agent. This is not only impeachable, but has prison time and possibly more. :evil:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  2. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,173
  3. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,945
    "Operation Fast and Furious" was started under Bush, back in 2006. I'm sure that Holder knew about it earlier than 2010.

"Project Gunrunner", which was part of "Operation Fast and Furious" was the only part of F&F that's controversial - and that didn't start until 2010, and it's unlikely that Holder "knew" about it.

4. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    correct me if I am wrong but this is a distinction with little difference. the charts the west wing nat. sec. adviser had reflected the information that is the center of the issue- and which is reflected in the e mails etc.; the guns going to Mexico with no recourse.

5. OODA_Loop

OODA_Loop Account Terminated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +523
    Wrong.

ATF Project Gunrunner has a stated official objective to stop the sale and export of guns from the United States into Mexico in order to deny Mexican drug cartels the firearms considered "tools of the trade". However, since September 2009 under Project Gunrunner, Operation "Fast and Furious", did the opposite by ATF permitting, encouraging and facilitating 'straw purchase' firearm sales to traffickers, and allowing the guns to 'walk' and be transported to Mexico. This has resulted in the death of US border agent Brian Terry and considerable controversy.
    ^ "Project Gunrunner". BATFE (BATFE). 2011-02-17. ATF Online - Firearms - Programs - Project Gunrunner. Retrieved 2011-02-26.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  6. theDoctorisIn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,945
    You're right.

Apologies to all. I was confusing the two.

7. theDoctorisIn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,945
    Sorry, I was confused, and mixed the two up. Nevermind.

8. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,875
    Are we gettin' a mixed message here?...
    :eusa_eh:
    ‘Calm down’ about Fast and Furious gun sting, ATF acting director says
    October 5`11 - The new acting director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives announced a major shake-up of his agency Wednesday and urged Washington insiders to “calm down” about the latest revelations surrounding a controversial ATF gun operation.
    See also:

Embattled ATF shakes up staff
    10/6/11 : The head of the ATF announced a major shakeup Wednesday in the wake of the botched Fast and Furious gun program.