At what point will you keep your children home from school due to swine flu?

I must say it is getting hard to tell, now a days with all the half naked women or seductive women as avatars for many of the BOYS on this site, on who is a female or male poster!!!!!!! :eek:

Not that I think that PC is a male....just saying, it is getting confusing for someone like me....hahahahahaha!
That's one reason I've got them turned off...I can never tell if someone is flaunting them self or displaying who they are attracted to.

But I'm proud of you, and Rati and the Rat Pack licking your wounds and trying to start another bout after I ate your lunch the last time!

Remember? I took up the cudgel for a child that was offered up on the alter of your liberal 'instant gratification' views, and after over 300 posts, I was the one still standing? Must have hurt, huh?
:lol: You weren't standing, you slunk away and never said another peep.

I must say it is getting hard to tell, now a days with all the half naked women or seductive women as avatars for many of the BOYS on this site, on who is a female or male poster!!!!!!! :eek:

Not that I think that PC is a male....just saying, it is getting confusing for someone like me....hahahahahaha!
That's one reason I've got them turned off...I can never tell if someone is flaunting them self or displaying who they are attracted to.

Only pussies turn off avatars. :cool:

But I'm proud of you, and Rati and the Rat Pack licking your wounds and trying to start another bout after I ate your lunch the last time!

Remember? I took up the cudgel for a child that was offered up on the alter of your liberal 'instant gratification' views, and after over 300 posts, I was the one still standing? Must have hurt, huh?

I thought elephants had great memory???

You forgot, 331 posts?

One by one, you guys, er, gals, slunk away.

I thought elephants had great memory???

You forgot, 331 posts?

One by one, you guys, er, gals, slunk away.
Not only are you delusional, you're also a liar.

she didn't.

actually, I have a great balance. FWIW, not that it's your business, but I downsized my career to have more time with my son.

As for your decision to homeschool, again, I have no reason to think, based on anything you've written, that you homeschool for any reason but to teach intolerance and extremism. you'll forgive me for thinking that your passing on those types of ideas through brainwashing and indoctrination are unhealthy.

that's not a "cat fight".

and are you sure you're a woman... that's not something one woman generally would say to another...more like something a voyeuristic man might say.

and, since you purportedly live in NYC, where we have some of the best public schools in the country.

because your "choice" to indoctrinate your children into the Annie Coultergeist school of ideology and hatred affects the world around them. and at least if they were in public school, they'd see that there are other ways of thinking.

and THAT is exactly why you homeschool.

Wow, I hit that sore spot, again, didn't I?

PC! NOW you got even me wondering about whether yur a guy by your last statement!!!!!!!!!!!

only men imho, seem to be concerned with whooping another poster's ass in another bout or thread!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? :(

what's up with that....?

care

This is all you folks have left?

Talk about clutching at straws, after all the Rat Pack attacks on Conservativism in general, and me, specifically, this is it?

You're not throwing in the towel are you?

But to answer, I have my pic on my profile, and you boys, er, girls, don't? Should be easy enough to settle this one, huh?

Time to put up, or...what was that the Rat Pack kept telling me to do??? Now, don't tell me I'll have to go to the Post Offiice to see your pics.

I was thinking about this because my kids attend a program which is populated by public school kids a couple of afternoons a week.

Will you keep the kids home if there is an outbreak in your area or will you wait till the school is closed?

My youngest is 21 and in transition at the highschool. I won't take him out unless the school says there have been cases at the school. Then I would have to as he's not functioning well enough to know to wash his hands and keep himself clean or to stay away from people who have flu like symptoms. A mask would be out of the question him. That said, if I had small children in the educational system today, I'd be homeschooling them. And not because of the outbreak. Our educational system is very poor.

Update from CDC as 10:30 this morning.

In response to an intensifying outbreak in the United States and internationally caused by a new influenza virus of swine origin, the World Health Organization raised the worldwide pandemic alert level to Phase 5 on April 29, 2009. A Phase 5 alert is a “strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short.”

The United States Government has declared a public health emergency in the United States. CDC’s response goals are to reduce transmission and illness severity, and provide information to help health care providers, public health officials and the public address the challenges posed by this emergency. CDC is issuing and updating interim guidance daily in response to the rapidly evolving situation. CDC’s Division of the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) continues to send antiviral drugs, personal protective equipment, and respiratory protection devices to all 50 states and U.S. territories to help them respond to the outbreak. The swine influenza A (H1N1) virus is susceptible to the prescription antiviral drugs oseltamivir and zanamivir. In addition, the Federal Government and manufacturers have begun the process of developing a vaccine against this new virus.

PC! NOW you got even me wondering about whether yur a guy by your last statement!!!!!!!!!!!

only men imho, seem to be concerned with whooping another poster's ass in another bout or thread!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? :(

what's up with that....?

care

This is all you folks have left?

Talk about clutching at straws, after all the Rat Pack attacks on Conservativism in general, and me, specifically, this is it?

You're not throwing in the towel are you?

But to answer, I have my pic on my profile, and you boys, er, girls, don't? Should be easy enough to settle this one, huh?

Time to put up, or...what was that the Rat Pack kept telling me to do??? Now, don't tell me I'll have to go to the Post Offiice to see your pics.

You are a beautiful chic PC....nice profile pic....

No, just your competitiveness appeared to be male like, in your responses to those two....

Honestly, this is what got me thinking, maybe they were not just teasing!?

Care

I think that time is getting close for us. We may have to give up some of the kids' extracurricular activities.

The city Health Department has confirmed five more swine-flu cases, increasing the total in New York City to 49, the agency's commissioner said Wednesday.

Health Department Commissioner Thomas Frieden said the new cases were considered probable Tuesday but have since been confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta. The cases include a 19-month-old Bronx boy and a Brooklyn woman, both of whom had to be hospitalized.

Swine flu confirmed in Bronx boy, Brooklyn woman -- Newsday.com

They have closed two Catholic schools in Brooklyn including one that is less than a mile from our home.
The first time my children ever got sick was going to a daycare. I was suppose to testify in a court case and so I let them go to a daycare. Bad deal that picked up this crappy viral infection that affected their kidneys. That was the last time they ever saw a daycare.

The preschool was much different they would not let children come to school with even a slight sniffle.

I'd say it depends on the policies of whoever is operating the facilities.

My oldest never got sick till she started pre-school, age 3. Then, the kids were sick I swear for like 10 years straight! But we haven't had anyone sick in our house for several years. I like it like that! Oh and the oldest never had a temper tantrum till she was 4 and her brother had been around for a year. We had bliss and never knew it! :lol:

Forum List

Back