CDZ At What Point Does Obstruction and Denial Of Reality Become Unamerican? The Playbook for 2018

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Shrimpbox, Nov 20, 2017.

1. william the wie

william the wie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,382
    True, Trump had so many gimmes handed to him by the stupidities of the Obama administration like Trans-Canada he has so far been able to cookbook his presidency.

2. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,931
    Well, no. While I am doubtful that the economic growth we are seeing now is anything more than people thinking that at last, we are rid of Obama, you cannot discount the regulatory rollback on business as a significant boost to economic activity.

I look at Obama's entire tenure and with the exception of at the beginning (when the economy had nowhere to go but up), his entire economic policy held growth to 2% or less for a vast majority of the time. Given that reality, I find it hard to say that it was Obama's policies that are responsible for today's economic boom.

I would caution everyone to take all of this with a grain of salt. If the Congress manages to get in the way of the repeal of Obamacare, and tax reform, this boom is going to deflate faster than a Patriot's football.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. william the wie

william the wie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,382
    Mild disagreement, Reagan's descent into senility began by at least the early part of his second term and he still got his tax cuts through. Until he launched the Iraq War Bush II looked good. Following an arrogant idiot does wonders for the reputation.

4. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,242
    At no point are such behaviors American or un-American. In all instances they are dishonorable. Americanism is synonymous with neither honor nor dishonor. Though one may wish Americanism be inextricably tied to honorability, it is not.