CDZ At What Point Does Obstruction and Denial Of Reality Become Unamerican? The Playbook for 2018

It is all a matter of perspective. The democrats will say that all the positive outcomes this year are due squarely to Obama's policies (while blaming all failures on Trump).

Claiming that they are un-American is no better or different than the left blindly calling so many on the right sexist, homophobic or racists. Both only serve to suppress open discussion through denigrating the other side.
Economists say that the administration of a president and its policies do not have immediate effect on the economy, that it takes time, sometimes years, which is why people say that what is occuring in the economy now is down to Obama's policies. It is too soon to see the effects of Trump's policies on the economy.
So the recovery under Obama was due to Bush policies...
I think it is the reason why it was so slow in the beginning, because Obama had to overcome Bush policies.
And this proves my point.

You are attributing positive outcomes with the previous admin to the president in office but the current admin with the previous one.
No, you are being intentionally obtuse (the term 'intentionally' giving you the benefit of the doubt). As I stated originally, economists agree that it takes a long time, usually years, for administration policies to affect the economy. As I said, in the beginning years, Obama was overcoming Bush's policies, which is why the economy didn't show much improvement. Today, economists say that it is too early to tell if Trump's policies have anything to do with improvements in the economy. The reality is that the economy was already improving had and been improving for a long time before Trump took office. It has merely continued on that upswing. Not to do with Trump or his policies as he has only been in office one year.

True, Trump had so many gimmes handed to him by the stupidities of the Obama administration like Trans-Canada he has so far been able to cookbook his presidency.

Possible 4% growth this quarter. Wages increasing. Unemployment in the minority precincts way down. Illegal immigration down 80%. Businesses adding jobs and plants. Regulations down. Trade deals more fair. Us standing in the world much improved. Possibly tax bill set to repatriate trillions of dollars, blow the doors off corporations with a 20% tax rate, explosion of growth in jobs. Renewed respect across the globe for us leadership. An optimism in this country not seen in decades.

Please ask if the democrats have done anything to promote the economic progress. They don’t want Americans to have affordable health insurance. They don’t want to help the middle class. They don’t want to make the tax system fairer. They don’t want to create jobs for the middle class. They don’t want to protect Americans from illegal aliens. They don’t want to let corporations create more jobs. They don’t want to be proud of America. They don’t want to support their president in anything.

Trump takes all the flack while his team of high rollers raises the country to new heights. What are Dems going to say? We tried to keep the country from succeeding in every way we could. We tried to keep the middle class down. We tried to keep people from being proud of their country. We tried to extinguish the American spirit every way we could. We sought to bring America to its knees and make Americans hate themselves. We sowed hate at every opportunity and we failed at every turn. Vote for us.

We are going to find out which democrats are Americans, and which democrats hate the American Dream.

Sorry, but other than evicting some of the incompetent commie bozoes of the Obama disaster Trump has yet to do anything but make some judicial appointments and repeal some of the more idiotic Obama EOs. That this might be good enough to have 5% GDP growth is simply a reaction to the endemic executive incompetence shown since Reagan left office does not demonstrate more than extremely minimal competence by Trump. Like Reagan following the Carter disaster. Trump looks good only by comparison.
Well, no. While I am doubtful that the economic growth we are seeing now is anything more than people thinking that at last, we are rid of Obama, you cannot discount the regulatory rollback on business as a significant boost to economic activity.

I look at Obama's entire tenure and with the exception of at the beginning (when the economy had nowhere to go but up), his entire economic policy held growth to 2% or less for a vast majority of the time. Given that reality, I find it hard to say that it was Obama's policies that are responsible for today's economic boom.

I would caution everyone to take all of this with a grain of salt. If the Congress manages to get in the way of the repeal of Obamacare, and tax reform, this boom is going to deflate faster than a Patriot's football.

Possible 4% growth this quarter. Wages increasing. Unemployment in the minority precincts way down. Illegal immigration down 80%. Businesses adding jobs and plants. Regulations down. Trade deals more fair. Us standing in the world much improved. Possibly tax bill set to repatriate trillions of dollars, blow the doors off corporations with a 20% tax rate, explosion of growth in jobs. Renewed respect across the globe for us leadership. An optimism in this country not seen in decades.

Please ask if the democrats have done anything to promote the economic progress. They don’t want Americans to have affordable health insurance. They don’t want to help the middle class. They don’t want to make the tax system fairer. They don’t want to create jobs for the middle class. They don’t want to protect Americans from illegal aliens. They don’t want to let corporations create more jobs. They don’t want to be proud of America. They don’t want to support their president in anything.

Trump takes all the flack while his team of high rollers raises the country to new heights. What are Dems going to say? We tried to keep the country from succeeding in every way we could. We tried to keep the middle class down. We tried to keep people from being proud of their country. We tried to extinguish the American spirit every way we could. We sought to bring America to its knees and make Americans hate themselves. We sowed hate at every opportunity and we failed at every turn. Vote for us.

We are going to find out which democrats are Americans, and which democrats hate the American Dream.

Sorry, but other than evicting some of the incompetent commie bozoes of the Obama disaster Trump has yet to do anything but make some judicial appointments and repeal some of the more idiotic Obama EOs. That this might be good enough to have 5% GDP growth is simply a reaction to the endemic executive incompetence shown since Reagan left office does not demonstrate more than extremely minimal competence by Trump. Like Reagan following the Carter disaster. Trump looks good only by comparison.
Well, no. While I am doubtful that the economic growth we are seeing now is anything more than people thinking that at last, we are rid of Obama, you cannot discount the regulatory rollback on business as a significant boost to economic activity.

I look at Obama's entire tenure and with the exception of at the beginning (when the economy had nowhere to go but up), his entire economic policy held growth to 2% or less for a vast majority of the time. Given that reality, I find it hard to say that it was Obama's policies that are responsible for today's economic boom.

I would caution everyone to take all of this with a grain of salt. If the Congress manages to get in the way of the repeal of Obamacare, and tax reform, this boom is going to deflate faster than a Patriot's football.

Mild disagreement, Reagan's descent into senility began by at least the early part of his second term and he still got his tax cuts through. Until he launched the Iraq War Bush II looked good. Following an arrogant idiot does wonders for the reputation.

At What Point Does Obstruction and Denial Of Reality Become Unamerican?

At no point are such behaviors American or un-American. In all instances they are dishonorable. Americanism is synonymous with neither honor nor dishonor. Though one may wish Americanism be inextricably tied to honorability, it is not.

Forum List

Back