At this point in my life my only reason for living is to make money so I can keep on living...

Sounds like a healthy mid life crisis. Get some tats, a cool muscle car, a bigger TV. It will pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10/4 ... and yes i did get confused.

the point for the op was their 4th century religion is why they are unfulfilled.

Really? That is what you want to offer to this thread? Your anti-Christian bigotry?
Really? That is what you want to offer to this thread? Your anti-Christian bigotry?

I gave my opinion, no one can be fulfilled while they remain sinners as is the narrative of the false 4th century christian religion and that is the condition for the op's dilemma ...

Sure they can. In fact studies generally show religious people, normally Christians, having better happiness than non religious people.

Striving for being a better person, possibly getting a sense of meaning from that, is not anti-happiness.

"Striving for being a better person, possibly getting a sense of meaning from that, is not anti-happiness."

as an atheist I strive to be a better person;

I'm pleasant and conversational with everyone I interact with throughout the day
I help people when i can
I discarded outdated and irrational attitudes towards gays and accept them fully in society
I don't judge ALL muslims or christians just because SOME of them behave badly
I never fart in public
I hold doors for EVERYONE, including ladies who refuse to acknowledge my existence

I was addressing YOUR point that they could not be happy, if they were "sinners" according to their religion.

My point was, that they can.

You can choose to not address that, but in doing so, you will be implicitly conceding your previous point.
I was addressing YOUR point that they could not be happy, if they were "sinners" according to their religion.

they are "happy" in their religion, the op - as sinners they can not reach fulfillment for admission to the Evertlasting. true happiness, their dilemma for the thread. the triumph of good vs evil is what is lacking.

I gave my opinion, no one can be fulfilled while they remain sinners as is the narrative of the false 4th century christian religion and that is the condition for the op's dilemma ...

Sure they can. In fact studies generally show religious people, normally Christians, having better happiness than non religious people.

Striving for being a better person, possibly getting a sense of meaning from that, is not anti-happiness.

"Striving for being a better person, possibly getting a sense of meaning from that, is not anti-happiness."

as an atheist I strive to be a better person;

I'm pleasant and conversational with everyone I interact with throughout the day
I help people when i can
I discarded outdated and irrational attitudes towards gays and accept them fully in society
I don't judge ALL muslims or christians just because SOME of them behave badly
I never fart in public
I hold doors for EVERYONE, including ladies who refuse to acknowledge my existence

My point was, that they can.

You can choose to not address that, but in doing so, you will be implicitly conceding your previous point.

they are "happy" in their religion, the op - as sinners they can not reach fulfillment for admission to the Evertlasting. true happiness, their dilemma for the thread. the triumph of good vs evil is what is lacking.

Yeah, that was not on the list of issues that the op gave. I have never heard anything like that from any religious people. YOu have done nothing to support your claims, about people different than you, that you don't like.

YOu are just making up crap to justify your negative opinion of religious people.

Forum List

Back