At This Pivot in History: How Will You Decide the Future?

How does the OP photo affect your perception of the future?

• Negatively. For reasons we may not yet fully comprehend.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Negatively. Just viscerally.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Ambivalent. The picture evokes nothing in me one way or another.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Mildly positive. I think this will pan out well eventually.

• Very positive. This is the direction we need to go in.

• Total voters

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
gaydaddys_zps908384a9.jpg

There are two main ways of thinking about controversial subjects.

1. In a thimble.

2. In a swimming pool.

The first tends to be shortsided, PC-correct, "in the moment" and usually without a lot of deep reflective thought. The second is much more expansive, meditated and takes into account the future.

So, where is the photo taking us into the future? That's the question of this thread.

We know humans follow trends and trends in turn shape the fabric of society if they get deeply entrenched. Since this issue becoming one of law or not stands to be permanent, shouldn't we be thinking about where this trend will take us as the years and decades peel away from this pivotal point in time? This crux of our decision-making. How does that photo make you want to decide for future generations?

Last edited:
I know, I know...I found it hard to even look at too, much less participate in a thread on the topic. I remember thinking how happy I was when that first page turned over and no longer did I have to view it to make a comment.

You can guess how I voted. But I'm not everyone else. That's the numbers I'm looking for: how everyone else honestly feels about it. It's an anonymous poll after all..

Last edited:
Do not give a damn.

I'm sort of keeping track of the number of people who have this answer..because frankly I don't believe it. It's very hard to believe that someone could distance themself that callously from the fate of that child. Thanks for voting though.

Forum List

Back