At the late night ... double feature ... picture show...

fncceo

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2016
... in the back row.

Tonight's double-feature movie night at my house, friends, face-masks, pizza, and Purell.

220px-Contagion_Poster.jpg

and ...

MV5BZTg1Mzk1NjAtNGFlOS00NzdlLWI0NTgtYzlmNTUzZGQ0NjYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

... in the back row.

Tonight's double-feature movie night at my house, friends, face-masks, pizza, and Purell.

and ...

MV5BZTg1Mzk1NjAtNGFlOS00NzdlLWI0NTgtYzlmNTUzZGQ0NjYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

An awesome movie night...

Might I throw in.. "World War Z" just for a topper.

The theme was ... believable viral outbreaks.

One of the most heartbreaking things I ever learned in school was that Zombies (of the Romero canon anyway) are physiologically impossible.

I could include '28 Days Later' in that genre because, a mutated form of rabies could cause a very similar outbreak that would eventually die off as the infected starved to death.

... in the back row.

and ...

One of the most heartbreaking things I ever learned in school was that Zombies (of the Romero canon anyway) are physiologically impossible.

I could include '28 Days Later' in that genre because, a mutated form of rabies could cause a very similar outbreak that would eventually die off as the infected starved to death.

There are multiple things that could end life on this rock as we know it. I don't get into watching serials but the first couple of episodes of "Fear The Walking Dead"..were interesting to me because they dealt with 'how things in our modern world could end"...and I thought that could spell how we met our "maker" as it were.

... in the back row.

and ...

There are multiple things that could end life on this rock as we know it. I don't get into watching serials but the first couple of episodes of "Fear The Walking Dead"..were interesting to me because they dealt with 'how things in our modern world could end"...and I thought that could spell how we met our "maker" as it were.

A viral outbreak won't wipe out humanity. There are a certain percentage of people who will be naturally immune. Other will contain themselves away from infected clusters. A short incubation and high mortality rate will actually work to make containment protocols effective.

All of us at movie night are 'on the job', either in medical or public safety and our 'partners'. One thing on which we all agree is that our services will dry up quick if SHTF. Most of us will grab what we can from our stations and hospitals and head for the metaphorical hills.

... in the back row.

and ...

A viral outbreak won't wipe out humanity. There are a certain percentage of people who will be naturally immune. Other will contain themselves away from infected clusters. A short incubation and high mortality rate will actually work to make containment protocols effective.

All of us at movie night are 'on the job', either in medical or public safety and our 'partners'. One thing on which we all agree is that our services will dry up quick if SHTF. Most of us will grab what we can from our stations and hospitals and head for the metaphorical hills.
No thank you for your service for you.....

... in the back row.

and ...

Omigod!! Contagion has JUDE LAW and I've never seen it. Epidemics AND Jude Law! Life is good. I just put it on my Watchlist.

I have two words for you: prepper novels.

It's the fastest growing thriller genre going. You have to be willing to try out and throw out because a lot of the authors are new and ……..hill country, not that there's anything wrong with that (what IS it about Virginia??) ...….. and their grammar tends to be a negative comment on the American education system. But some are excellent (Franklin Horton, Mark Goodwin, others) and there are classics, such as Alas, Babylon and Dies the Fire. Obviously the boom in prepper novels is a comment on the disunity in America right now. Suggestion: stick to EMP strikes, plague, cybercrashes and financial system takedowns. NO ZOMBIES. I realize zombies are code for the you-know-whats in the cities, but it's a cop-out and I won't read them: silly, too. Though Shaun of the Dead is a comedy of TEOTWAWKI with zombies that is worth seeing several times.

Forum List

Back