At Some People Know Who's At Fault Re Unemployment

The business cycle is not an inherent part of the market economy, it's created by the Federal Reserve tampering with interest rates.

Sure it is. We had all sorts of business cycles before the Fed was created. And they tended to last longer and were more severe.

Business Cycle Expansions and Contractions

And I'm sure you know how the federal government tampered with interest rates and inflated the money supply before the Fed was created. And it's interesting that the worst recession in our history happened only after the Federal Reserve was created.

Still trying to figure out the thread title.

Stop being a pedant...do I really have to PM a mod to put the word 'least' in there?

But to answer your question, normal market fluctuations and correction. Bubbles occur, then they burst. Other than partisan politics I don't understand why people are blaming all of the above, especially the presidents. Peoples' greed, not any of the above cause bubbles and bursts. The above can influence the degree of the bubble or burst but not by much, this has been proven though out history. Also "planned" economies are usually the last to be hit with a bust but generally suffer the worst and the longest.

On a serious note with regard to greed - I think that's where the 12 percent with regard to banks comes in. Pure, unadulterated greed..

The politicians can take some of the blame depending on what legislation they passed...

You want to ruin all my fun. :(

Still trying to figure out the thread title.

Stop being a pedant...do I really have to PM a mod to put the word 'least' in there?

But to answer your question, normal market fluctuations and correction. Bubbles occur, then they burst. Other than partisan politics I don't understand why people are blaming all of the above, especially the presidents. Peoples' greed, not any of the above cause bubbles and bursts. The above can influence the degree of the bubble or burst but not by much, this has been proven though out history. Also "planned" economies are usually the last to be hit with a bust but generally suffer the worst and the longest.

On a serious note with regard to greed - I think that's where the 12 percent with regard to banks comes in. Pure, unadulterated greed..

The politicians can take some of the blame depending on what legislation they passed...

So the only greed driven ones are the bankers? What stupidity. Greed is certainly a large part of the reason why we are in the mess we are in..... Banks, business, government, and we - the American People - everyone and anyone who lived beyond their means. The banks didn't force money on people, we wanted the debt - even those who couldn't afford to repay it - and the government (both parties) insisted that the banks fund mortgages for people who could not possibly afford to repay it.

We really do need to start being honest and, instead of blaming some faceless 'fat cat' - look in the fucking mirror.... there is plenty of blame to go around and we all carry a share of it.

It's a terrible mistake to say unemployment is Bush's fault.

The fault belongs to the Republican Party.

Removing any type of regulation that protects the middle class from greedy companies.

Tax cuts to the rich (remember, in the 50's and 60's the very rich paid 75 to 90% and they were still "very" rich).

The lack of health care (number one cause of bankruptsies) the Republicans did NOTHING about for the 8 of the last 9 years and now they only want to stop any type of meaningful reform.

The war on education. Republicans are against education and certainly against higher education. How can we compete against people in other countries who don't push "mysticism" as an alternative to science?

Answer, "we can't". Thank the party of "no".

Removing any type of regulation that protects the middle class from greedy companies.

Tax cuts to the rich (remember, in the 50's and 60's the very rich paid 75 to 90% and they were still "very" rich).

The lack of health care (number one cause of bankruptsies) the Republicans did NOTHING about for the 8 of the last 9 years and now they only want to stop any type of meaningful reform.

The war on education. Republicans are against education and certainly against higher education. How can we compete against people in other countries who don't push "mysticism" as an alternative to science?

Are you still beating this bullshit, despite ample evidence it is just that?
Who blocked regulatory reform of Fannie/Freddie? Yes, it was the Dums, led by the faygola Barney Frank and supported by the incompetent senator from IL.
Did companies cease having regulation under Bush? Remember Sarbox?
Health care reform? When did Democrats try to do anything positive about it? The current bill is so bad Howard Fucking Dean is urging them to kill it. Is that the kind of reform you Dums want?
Against education? The Obama Administration just killed a succesful pilot program for DC. Who is really against education, as opposed to being agains the teacher unions?

Everything liberals say about conservatives is true--but it is true about liberals.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGax9i8k2_U&feature=PlayList&p=630E721A6E7D5A99&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=32"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGax9i8k2_U&feature=PlayList&p=630E721A6E7D5A99&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=32[/ame]

Are you still beating this bullshit, despite ample evidence it is just that?
Who blocked regulatory reform of Fannie/Freddie? Yes, it was the Dums, led by the faygola Barney Frank and supported by the incompetent senator from IL.
Did companies cease having regulation under Bush? Remember Sarbox?
Health care reform? When did Democrats try to do anything positive about it? The current bill is so bad Howard Fucking Dean is urging them to kill it. Is that the kind of reform you Dums want?
Against education? The Obama Administration just killed a succesful pilot program for DC. Who is really against education, as opposed to being agains the teacher unions?

Everything liberals say about conservatives is true--but it is true about liberals.

I just wonder, do you guys really believe what you write? Even when the facts say otherwise? Just saying something doesn't make it true.

Freddie/Fannie required that you have to have a job and could pay back a house loan. During the time you are talking about, they provided 70% of all mortgages. Republicans moved that business to Wall Street, who handed out mortgages like candy corn, bundled them together and sold them overseas as bonds. And that is the entire basis of the housing collapse. You don't even know that?? Seriously??

You are just as wrong on your other talking points and that's what they are, "talking points". Get some new ones. And try to make sure they are correct. Unlike these old ones.

Wall St made mortgages? What are you smoking?
Ever hear of Alt-A loans?
What a fucking tool. Your ignorance and stupidity make me sick. It's becuase of assholes like you we have a clown like Obama in the WH. Hope and Change. How's that shit working out for you?
You and your faggot pals on the left are in the process of bringing this country down, having taken a downturn in the business cycle and turned it into a catastrophe because "no crisis should go to waste."
Get your head back up your ass where it belongs, penis breath.

Freddie/Fannie required that you have to have a job and could pay back a house loan. During the time you are talking about, they provided 70% of all mortgages. Republicans moved that business to Wall Street, who handed out mortgages like candy corn, bundled them together and sold them overseas as bonds. And that is the entire basis of the housing collapse. You don't even know that?? Seriously??
And all this time I thought that the housing collapse was due to a housing price bubble. The Financial Crisis was the result of the bad loans.

What a fucking tool. Your ignorance and stupidity make me sick. It's becuase of assholes like you we have a clown like Obama in the WH. Hope and Change. How's that shit working out for you?
You and your faggot pals on the left are in the process of bringing this country down, having taken a downturn in the business cycle and turned it into a catastrophe because "no crisis should go to waste."
Well, oh learned man of the Sacred Scrolls. Your synagogue must be in a very tough neighborhood. When people live in tough neighborhoods, their language becomes coarse like yours. I must admit, you have a flair for it and do it quite well.

Last edited:
Well, oh learned man of the Sacred Scrolls. Your synagogue must be in a very tough neighborhood. When people live in though neighborhoods, their language becomes coarse like yours. I must admit, you have a flair for it and do it quite well.

Thanks. I think.
Sometimes I just get upset by the willful stupidity of my fellow countrymen. I have lived through 10 presidents and never seen one as inept and clueless as this one. And a country gets the leadership it deserves, so what does that say?

Well, oh learned man of the Sacred Scrolls. Your synagogue must be in a very tough neighborhood. When people live in though neighborhoods, their language becomes coarse like yours. I must admit, you have a flair for it and do it quite well.

Thanks. I think.
Sometimes I just get upset by the willful stupidity of my fellow countrymen. I have lived through 10 presidents and never seen one as inept and clueless as this one. And a country gets the leadership it deserves, so what does that say?

You think right. You can lead them to water, but they sometimes will not drink.

Forum List

Back