At Some People Know Who's At Fault Re Unemployment

Now there's a poll result that I just couldn't have lived without. Thank you for changing my entire outlook on life !! :clap2:

26 percent say Bush's fault
12 percent the banks
8 percent jobs going overseas
3 percent Obama

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/15/us/15poll.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&hp

Still trying to figure out the thread title.
But to answer your question, normal market fluctuations and correction. Bubbles occur, then they burst. Other than partisan politics I don't understand why people are blaming all of the above, especially the presidents. Peoples' greed, not any of the above cause bubbles and bursts. The above can influence the degree of the bubble or burst but not by much, this has been proven though out history. Also "planned" economies are usually the last to be hit with a bust but generally suffer the worst and the longest.

I think Dr. Grump is making fun of all the threads saying:

"Obama Down 33%!"

"Sarah Up 22%"

"49% Say Golfing is Hazardous to your Marriage!"

Stop being a pedant...do I really have to PM a mod to put the word 'least' in there?

But to answer your question, normal market fluctuations and correction. Bubbles occur, then they burst. Other than partisan politics I don't understand why people are blaming all of the above, especially the presidents. Peoples' greed, not any of the above cause bubbles and bursts. The above can influence the degree of the bubble or burst but not by much, this has been proven though out history. Also "planned" economies are usually the last to be hit with a bust but generally suffer the worst and the longest.

On a serious note with regard to greed - I think that's where the 12 percent with regard to banks comes in. Pure, unadulterated greed..

The politicians can take some of the blame depending on what legislation they passed...

My neighbor just lost his job. Not because of the economy, company cut-backs, or anything like that. He's a dumb ass and the boss finally got tired and weary of his stupidity. What percent of the reasons for unemployment does this case fall under? Is this Bush's fault too or is it something Obama can claim credit for? He is a Democrat. I think that explains a lot of it.

The percentage of people that read the times and are up Barry's ass has to be in the high 90s.

BTW, Barry is the one that claimed he could generate jobs with his porkulus package.

26 percent say Bush's fault
12 percent the banks
8 percent jobs going overseas
3 percent Obama

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/15/us/15poll.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&hp

The business cycle is not an inherent part of the market economy, it's created by the Federal Reserve tampering with interest rates.

Forum List

Back