At my nephews Jr High, they just gave them iPads

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
The race baiters will point out that iPads aren't given to black teenagers in the city. Could you imagine if they were? 99% of the kids would come back the next day without them and the 1% that brought his back would get it stolen from them before the day is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I paid for my kids--just like everyone else. 'Tho they are having multiple problems with downloading the textbooks which should be ironed out tomorrow. I paid for the text books every year and it's no different. It sure is a lot lighter load to carry.

Forget about IPads....we don't even have enough computers in the labs (and the ones that are there are OLD).

Your district probably has a deal with Apple...so the tablets were probably paid for by Apple-not the tax payers. Of course I don't know that for a fact--but it's probably the case.

Apple donates iPads to schools sometimes. Could be that.

The word "donate" is a little too generous for Apple. Apple and Microsoft are in competition getting their products into school systems. There's a reason why my district blocks Google--it's not because it's not a great site, it's because the Bill/Melinda gates foundation donated hundreds of millions of dollars to the district-BUT there are MANY MANY MANY strings attached (including our EET).

Hell as a teacher we can't even access youtube much of the time...because you know there would never be anything valuable/educational posted on youtube...

They GAVE them to the students?
SOMEbody paid for them...they aren't free.
Yes free is free in reality, but when you are talking about money out of my brother-in-law's pocket, then it's free to him in that sense.

Forget about IPads....we don't even have enough computers in the labs (and the ones that are there are OLD).

Your district probably has a deal with Apple...so the tablets were probably paid for by Apple-not the tax payers. Of course I don't know that for a fact--but it's probably the case.
Nope they were tax payer funded.

You do realize your entire OP is "race baiting"? :rolleyes:
And yes blacks are losing out because of the morals set by the black community. These schools get just as much funds, but they won't ever consider giving the iPads, because, well, I think it's obvious.

They aren't "given" them to keep. Students return them at the end of the year like textbooks.

Cheaper to get your books on an IPad than printed

You can do your homework, take tests, do research

Ever see the book bags these kids carry? Why not a $400 IPad?

So we're to believe that some kids are only missing out on a great education simply because they don't have an iPad?

Having all yer books on one device isn't a good idea either.

So we're to believe that some kids are only missing out on a great education simply because they don't have an iPad?

Having all yer books on one device isn't a good idea either.

Print is dead

The IPad allows much more educational capabilities than books, a pen and paper

How long till little Jimmy drops his on the ground?

He'll be needing another one. And another one.

Electronics break down. Books don't.

How long till little Jimmy drops his on the ground?

He'll be needing another one. And another one.

Electronics break down. Books don't.
Little Jimmy has an IPhone right now.
Put it in a ruggedized case to put your mind at ease

Forum List

Back