At least Mahmoud makes President Obama look really good.

President Obama spoke at the UN this week and delivered an eloquent pretty pro Israel and pro Palestinian speech among other things. Nothing ground breaking, but at least it didn't embarrass anybody and won't provide a lot of provocative sound bites.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, on the other hand, delivered a blistering diatribe against the USA for the manner in which they assassinated Obama bin Laden as a 'cover up' for the lie of 9/11, among other obscenities.

The U.S. and the entire European union and some others, some 30 or so representatives of countries in all, walked out on him.

An interesting day at the U.N.

Sadly, there are some Americans who seem to agree with Ahmadinejad.

so instead of just saying ahmadinejad's a nutbar... something most of us can agree on... you had to couch it in terms of comparison to the president?

even when you agree with what the president did, you guys can't leave it alone. it's really bizarre to me.

Yes, we're comparing two nutbar anti-semites.... Obama and Ahmadinejad.

Pathetic, even for you. Obama stood up for Israel, the nut from Iran fucking lost his mind.

Piss on you, FF.

Negged.

Did I say he did not? Did I criticize him in any way for what he said? No I did not. Your neg reflects a serious misreading of what I said. Obama was applauded for his speech. Thirty countries walked out on Ahmadnejad.

I think you owe me an apology.
Look at your thread title.

The thread title was a dig at Mahmoud, not Obama. It is no secret that I have not approved of Obama's Israel policy, but he did a pretty good job at the U.N. this year. And though his speech received very lukewarm applause, it was magnificent compared to Mahmoud's. I still say you owe me an apology or at least an acknowledgment that you misread my intent.

President Obama spoke at the UN this week and delivered an eloquent pretty pro Israel and pro Palestinian speech among other things. Nothing ground breaking, but at least it didn't embarrass anybody and won't provide a lot of provocative sound bites.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, on the other hand, delivered a blistering diatribe against the USA for the manner in which they assassinated Obama bin Laden as a 'cover up' for the lie of 9/11, among other obscenities.

The U.S. and the entire European union and some others, some 30 or so representatives of countries in all, walked out on him.

so instead of just saying ahmadinejad's a nutbar... something most of us can agree on... you had to couch it in terms of comparison to the president?

even when you agree with what the president did, you guys can't leave it alone. it's really bizarre to me.

Yes, we're comparing two nutbar anti-semites.... Obama and Ahmadinejad.

Actually I wasn't comparing them. I was intending to contrast the speech Obama gave with what Ahmadinejad said. Obama gave a pretty appropriate speech. Ahmadinejad didn't. And though Obama's speech, while much better than last year's, merited at least polite applause, Mahmoud in contrast made him look great.

In looking for links for Mahmoud's speech content, however, I realized I did err earlier on. I thought those 30 countries walked out in solidarity with the U.S. delegation. They didn't. They only walked out when Mahmoud zeroed in on them and that was some time after he ripped the U.S.

And for those still objecting that I commented on Obama at all, is not an event at the U.N. at which he spoke an appropriate topic? I'm not going to get all gushy over him because I don't feel that way about him, but I have not criticized or put him down in the least in the O.P. or thread title.

Last edited:
You don't believe in freedom of speech?

how many people have spoken every time they set foot in the building?

for him to have his annual rant about the US and Israel??

It's not American soil...it is the UN. He only came over to make his speech...he has as much right as anybody to speak. I'm sure the arabs would get pissed at Netanyahu if he spoke there, but he has that right, too....

just because someone can do something... doesn't mean he should do that thing. i'm not so sure that everyone gets to speak just by saying they want to.

and the nutter stands up there every year.

Obama's better than Ahmadinejad? Gee... ya think?

how many people have spoken every time they set foot in the building?

for him to have his annual rant about the US and Israel??

It's not American soil...it is the UN. He only came over to make his speech...he has as much right as anybody to speak. I'm sure the arabs would get pissed at Netanyahu if he spoke there, but he has that right, too....

just because someone can do something... doesn't mean he should do that thing. i'm not so sure that everyone gets to speak just by saying they want to.

and the nutter stands up there every year.
the PA wants the Jews driven into the Mediterranean and the UN allowed that jackass to speak there yesterday. It should surprise no one that they allow Ahmarimjob to make speeches. It just shows what a sham the UN is.

Yep. If it was Obama running against Ahmadinejad, I would definitely vote for Obama for just about anything.

But I really did want to discuss Obama's content at the U.N. as well as Ahmadinejad's content, most especially since Obama did such a turnaround from his speech last year and he was much more pro-Israel which no doubt provoked some of Ahmadinejad's meltdown.

And it is interesting that Ahmadinejad was saying much of the same things many of our Truthers here on USMB are also saying.

Obama cannot say what he really thinks until after he wins the next election.

He knows that Ahmadinejad is telling the truth when it comes to Zionism and Israel.

Gee Sunni. I know you are a many of many moods and facets, but are you a Truther too? And you really do support what Ahmadinejad said at the U.N.?

What happened yesterday was disgusting, why do we fund the UN and have their headquarters in the US and we allow tin pot dictators like this clown and Chavez come in there and give them a forum to spout their vomit and lies, what a fucking joke.

Yep. If it was Obama running against Ahmadinejad, I would definitely vote for Obama for just about anything.

But I really did want to discuss Obama's content at the U.N. as well as Ahmadinejad's content, most especially since Obama did such a turnaround from his speech last year and he was much more pro-Israel which no doubt provoked some of Ahmadinejad's meltdown.

And it is interesting that Ahmadinejad was saying much of the same things many of our Truthers here on USMB are also saying.

I would vote for Ron Jeremy over Ahmadinijad.

Obama cannot say what he really thinks until after he wins the next election.

He knows that Ahmadinejad is telling the truth when it comes to Zionism and Israel.

Gee Sunni. I know you are a many of many moods and facets, but are you a Truther too? And you really do support what Ahmadinejad said at the U.N.?
I have no problem with what Ahmadinejad said at the UN

Not sure if I am what you would call a Truther?

But I do believe the official 9/11 story as many holes in it. :cool:

Last edited:

At least Hitler makes President Bush look really good.

:thup:

What happened yesterday was disgusting, why do we fund the UN and have their headquarters in the US and we allow tin pot dictators like this clown and Chavez come in there and give them a forum to spout their vomit and lies, what a fucking joke.

At least we no longer have to endure the sight of Gaddafi and his travelling tent circus sweeping into town and climbing onto his soap box.
That's one less anyway.

Forum List

Back