At Last! A Senate Budget Resolution

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
S.Con.Res. 11: An original concurrent resolution setting forth the congressional budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2016 and setting forth the appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2017 through 2025.

How long has it been since the Senate came up with a budget? This has just been sent to the House and Senate for consideration. If you want to learn more or follow its progress, go to An original concurrent resolution setting forth the congressional budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2016 and setting forth the appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2017 through 2025. S.Con.Res. 11 - GovTrack.us

S.Con.Res. 11: An original concurrent resolution setting forth the congressional budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2016 and setting forth the appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2017 through 2025.

How long has it been since the Senate came up with a budget? This has just been sent to the House and Senate for consideration. If you want to learn more or follow its progress, go to An original concurrent resolution setting forth the congressional budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2016 and setting forth the appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2017 through 2025. S.Con.Res. 11 - GovTrack.us

House Republicans want to cut back grants for poor college students
-Washington Post, 3/18/15

How Republican budgets hide huge spending cuts in “block grants"
-Vox, 3/16/15

GOP budget overhauls Medicare and kills Obamacare
-PoliticalWire, 3/17/15

Congress Finally Passes a Budget!

After years of being throttled up in the Senate. But, it ain't “in the can” yet. It still has to go to “conference” where a selected committee of Senators and Representatives will try to work out the differences between the two versions.

And we already know that Obama has already threatened to veto any budget that doesn't include or tries to undo some of the things he's ordered or have already been enacted.

The best thing about the action is to be able to bypass any filibuster attempts.

Lots of links and sources for the story.

After years of being throttled up in the Senate. But, it ain't “in the can” yet. It still has to go to “conference” where a selected committee of Senators and Representatives will try to work out the differences between the two versions.

And we already know that Obama has already threatened to veto any budget that doesn't include or tries to undo some of the things he's ordered or have already been enacted.

The best thing about the action is to be able to bypass any filibuster attempts.

Have you seen whats in the bill? The Senate budget would cut $4.3 trillion from benefit programs over the next 10 years, including annulling Obama's health care law, a step the president would without doubt veto. Those savings would include $431 billion from Medicare, matching Obama's figure. The House budget would pare $148 billion from the health care program for the elderly and convert it into a voucher-like program for future beneficiaries, a step the Senate shunned.

Congress' GOP budgets both matched the spending plan that Obama presented last month when it comes to defense, proposing $612 billion for next year, a 4.5 percent boost over current levels. Some conservatives were unhappy because they wanted more of the extra military spending to be offset with savings from elsewhere in the budget.

The bill once again, is off the backs of the poor and elderly, shame

-Vox, 3/16/15

-PoliticalWire, 3/17/15

Good things!!!

Have you seen whats in the bill? The Senate budget would cut $4.3 trillion from benefit programs over the next 10 years, including annulling Obama's health care law, a step the president would without doubt veto. Those savings would include $431 billion from Medicare, matching Obama's figure. The House budget would pare $148 billion from the health care program for the elderly and convert it into a voucher-like program for future beneficiaries, a step the Senate shunned.

Congress' GOP budgets both matched the spending plan that Obama presented last month when it comes to defense, proposing $612 billion for next year, a 4.5 percent boost over current levels. Some conservatives were unhappy because they wanted more of the extra military spending to be offset with savings from elsewhere in the budget.

If you haven't noticed, the elderly have most of the wealth.

As for the blacks and the poor, how many more trillions do we poor down that bottomless pit with no results?

As for the blacks and the poor, how many more trillions do we poor down that bottomless pit with no results?

For the life of me, I don't know where you white folk get off thinking you're the only people that WORK and PAY taxes in this country??????? Cause that shit is news to me, especially since my kids have all grown up, I'm paying out my ass in taxes to the man. Now with that being said....I didn't put a color to the poor, hommie, you did. So I have to school you, google this if you like, but there are MORE WHITES ON WELFARE, MORE WHITES WHO ARE STRUGGLING IN THIS COUNTRY THAN BLACKS.....AS FOR THE ELDERLY, I SAY F'EM, THEYRE THE ONES THAT VOTE YOU NUTS IN, DEAL WITH IT!!

-Vox, 3/16/15

-PoliticalWire, 3/17/15

Good things!!!

You betch, Mr. Christian.

Cut and gut the things people need and give it to corporations and more military... zero sense that makes.

For the life of me, I don't know where you white folk get off thinking you're the only people that WORK and PAY taxes in this country??????? Cause that shit is news to me, especially since my kids have all grown up, I'm paying out my ass in taxes to the man. Now with that being said....I didn't put a color to the poor, hommie, you did. So I have to school you, google this if you like, but there are MORE WHITES ON WELFARE, MORE WHITES WHO ARE STRUGGLING IN THIS COUNTRY THAN BLACKS.....AS FOR THE ELDERLY, I SAY F'EM, THEYRE THE ONES THAT VOTE YOU NUTS IN, DEAL WITH IT!!
Gee, 13% blacks in this country, no wonder more whites on welfare, more whites struggling, etc.

What is it about ratios you guys can't get?

You whine and cry about the plight of the poor, but what have you done for them?

-Vox, 3/16/15

Oh, for shame, people actually cutting spending and telling others to be responsible with it.

-PoliticalWire, 3/17/15

GOOD!

The Senate budget would cut $4.3 trillion from benefit programs over the next 10 years, including annulling Obama's health care law, a step the president would without doubt veto.

So? Are you enrolled in Obamacare? Most of the people I hear complaining about the repeal of Obamacare are in fact not enrolled in it. Why is that?

Those savings would include $431 billion from Medicare, matching Obama's figure.

So? It would put back into Medicare what Obama took out of it to pay for Obamacare. Gee, who didn't see that coming?

The House budget would pare $148 billion from the health care program for the elderly and convert it into a voucher-like program for future beneficiaries, a step the Senate shunned.

Oh, and what of food stamps? Is this not an evil "voucher" program? Or is that different in some way?

Sure, and more and more debt are heaved upon their backs. The burden is not lessened, but made greater. So, how do you suggest we cut spending? One penny at a time? Or do you even want to cut spending at all?

For the life of me, I don't know where you white folk get off thinking you're the only people that WORK and PAY taxes in this country?

And I don't for the life of me get where you think only white people pay taxes in this country? Where does race fit into this discussion?

Cause that shit is news to me, especially since my kids have all grown up, I'm paying out my ass in taxes to the man.

Then uh, you should be happy that Republicans want to cut taxes, oh, but wait, they can't cut spending because it will end some sort of entitlement program you or your kids are on. How pa-freaking-thetic.

So I have to school you, google this if you like, but there are MORE WHITES ON WELFARE, MORE WHITES WHO ARE STRUGGLING IN THIS COUNTRY THAN BLACKS.....AS FOR THE ELDERLY, I SAY F'EM, THEYRE THE ONES THAT VOTE YOU NUTS IN, DEAL WITH IT!!

Who cares? If you had your way, everyone would be on welfare. Your reverence for the elderly is quite heartwarming.

gives some hope
BudgetCartoonHealthcare.jpg

Forum List

Back