At Church this morning....

I said a prayer for you all. I apologize for any offense caused. :lol::lol:

I've been prayed for by a lot of Christians, many Muslims, a few Buddhists, a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses, a Mormon or two and a whole town full of Hindus when I was in India.

The efforts seemed sincere, for the most part... Were there any results, positive or negative? No, not really... but if I can make a fellow human feel more connected to their God just by sincerely listening for a few moments to their pleas to their God for my good fortune and or salvation, it's the least I can do for them.

In the humble opinion of this average Joe, anyone who resents the effort, is a xenophobic asshole who fears their own god in all the wrong ways.

Thanks to you and thanks to all the peoples of all of the Gods who cared enough to think of me in their most important and personal conversations with their perceived Creator.

My son's caretaker's Grandmother was in the hospital. She had open heart surgery but they goofed, so they had to go back in again, the same day. I didn't think she'd make it (I lost a friend on the table). Anyway, I put her on as many prayer chains as I could and today she is happy and healthy and once again getting out and enjoying life. You can't tell me prayer doesn't work, well, you can, but I won't believe it.

And for those that don't believe it, it may not help, but it sure as heck can't hurt so why get all upset about it?

neo romans mud....havent you heard?

so let me be the rain on this parade of ....hugs and kisses and all things warm and fuzzy...

why the need to tell anyone you have prayed for them?

just curious

neo romans mud....havent you heard?

so let me be the rain on this parade of ....hugs and kisses and all things warm and fuzzy...

why the need to tell anyone you have prayed for them?

just curious

No particular reason.... I was bored so I thought I'd start a thread about it.

""Be careful not to do your good works in public in order to attract attention. If you do, your Father in heaven will not reward you."

I don't pray for people for brownie points from God. If I did that, He'd know and I wouldn't get a reward for it. See how that works?

""Be careful not to do your good works in public in order to attract attention. If you do, your Father in heaven will not reward you."

I don't pray for people for brownie points from God. If I did that, He'd know and I wouldn't get a reward for it. See how that works?

just another attention-seeking thread by you. this time you use your "prayer". pathetic.

let me just step out of this...right now....

i dont see why the religion of the prayer would upset you froggy....esp if you truly believe there is only one god...then seems to me...it would follow....all prayers reach that one god....

but those are not my beliefs....and i found it weird that you would attack a fellow christian....

let me just step out of this...right now....

i dont see why the religion of the prayer would upset you froggy....esp if you truly believe there is only one god...then seems to me...it would follow....all prayers reach that one god....

but those are not my beliefs....and i found it weird that you would attack a fellow christian....

It is possible that froggy is a member of one of the Churches that believes that Catholics are the Church of Satan. :eek: Having said that, I think the current Pope is creepy looking. :lol: I liked the last one.... Pope JP... he was cool.

Hey, I pray for all of you too. I do.

And I am not even sure there is a God.

But I am sure we are all in this together.

I think you may be right, when we all die and 'rise again' we'll probably see a USMB Moderator(s) at the pearly gates registering the newbies making sure they read the rules and the heavenly guidelines.

Gunny ? :eek:

Just kidding Gunny :eusa_angel:

I said a prayer for you all. I apologize for any offense caused. :lol::lol:

I've been prayed for by a lot of Christians, many Muslims, a few Buddhists, a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses, a Mormon or two and a whole town full of Hindus when I was in India.

The efforts seemed sincere, for the most part... Were there any results, positive or negative? No, not really... but if I can make a fellow human feel more connected to their God just by sincerely listening for a few moments to their pleas to their God for my good fortune and or salvation, it's the least I can do for them.

In the humble opinion of this average Joe, anyone who resents the effort, is a xenophobic asshole who fears their own god in all the wrong ways.

Thanks to you and thanks to all the peoples of all of the Gods who cared enough to think of me in their most important and personal conversations with their perceived Creator.

True story: The family used to worry about my brother.... he was a smoker and we worried about him getting lung cancer. So, without telling him, we decided we would all pray for him to quit. He'd always been really adamant that he wouldn't quit.... Anyway,about a month after we started praying for him. he got flu for a week or so. He's never smoked since. Coincidence? Maybe. Power of Prayer? Maybe.

Very telling. Energy works in mysterious ways!

Thanks for sending some my way, sweetie.

Forum List

Back