At Church this morning....

To the contrary Ms. California, I can use all the prayers I can get.

Thank you lovely lady.

And while we are at it, thank your Marine brothers for saving my middle aged, now, civilian ass.

I believe in paying my dues.

Last edited:
Thanks CG.I could use it. Hubby has been away and I didn't get half the things done on my "Honey do" list. Today is his birthday and I haven't even gotten a card. And here I am playing on the computer. Uh oh.

I can use all the prayers I can get also, but, can you send me a 'love offering' in U.S. dollars or Euros, just to carry me over, till the prayers go into effect?

Hey, I pray for all of you too. I do.

And I am not even sure there is a God.

But I am sure we are all in this together.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Hey, I pray for all of you too. I do.

And I am not even sure there is a God.

But I am sure we are all in this together.

I think you may be right, when we all die and 'rise again' we'll probably see a USMB Moderator(s) at the pearly gates registering the newbies making sure they read the rules and the heavenly guidelines.

None the less, I love the idea people are praying for other people.

This is a great thing, regular, practiced empathy.

We all could use more of this.

See, fundamentalist certainty does not interest me, or the empty, dark, existentialist empty night.

I think we are floating some where in between.

We are sea monkeys hoping we end up in a good bowl.

We deserve a good bowl, but that does not mean we will get one. We must fight and work for one. Still, it may not happen.

And so we pray.

Amen.

Last edited:
I said a prayer for you all. I apologize for any offense caused. :lol::lol:

I've been prayed for by a lot of Christians, many Muslims, a few Buddhists, a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses, a Mormon or two and a whole town full of Hindus when I was in India.

The efforts seemed sincere, for the most part... Were there any results, positive or negative? No, not really... but if I can make a fellow human feel more connected to their God just by sincerely listening for a few moments to their pleas to their God for my good fortune and or salvation, it's the least I can do for them.

In the humble opinion of this average Joe, anyone who resents the effort, is a xenophobic asshole who fears their own god in all the wrong ways.

Thanks to you and thanks to all the peoples of all of the Gods who cared enough to think of me in their most important and personal conversations with their perceived Creator.

I said a prayer for you all. I apologize for any offense caused. :lol::lol:

I've been prayed for by a lot of Christians, many Muslims, a few Buddhists, a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses, a Mormon or two and a whole town full of Hindus when I was in India.

The efforts seemed sincere, for the most part... Were there any results, positive or negative? No, not really... but if I can make a fellow human feel more connected to their God just by sincerely listening for a few moments to their pleas to their God for my good fortune and or salvation, it's the least I can do for them.

In the humble opinion of this average Joe, anyone who resents the effort, is a xenophobic asshole who fears their own god in all the wrong ways.

Thanks to you and thanks to all the peoples of all of the Gods who cared enough to think of me in their most important and personal conversations with their perceived Creator.

True story: The family used to worry about my brother.... he was a smoker and we worried about him getting lung cancer. So, without telling him, we decided we would all pray for him to quit. He'd always been really adamant that he wouldn't quit.... Anyway,about a month after we started praying for him. he got flu for a week or so. He's never smoked since. Coincidence? Maybe. Power of Prayer? Maybe.

That is very cool CG, I too pray for people here. While I do not know most here. God sure does, whether they like it or not

I believe my Sister is alive because of the power of prayer :)

It depends on how and what you prayed for, lol. If you prayed for my enlightenment and that of all others it would make me very happy.

It depends on how and what you prayed for, lol. If you prayed for my enlightenment and that of all others it would make me very happy.

I prayed that God would keep all members safe and that He grant you all the strength to deal with whatever tribulations come. God doesn't promise a life without care, so I pray that everyone finds the courage to face and conquer their own individual issues.

I prayed that God would keep all members safe and that He grant you all the strength to deal with whatever tribulations come. God doesn't promise a life without care, so I pray that everyone finds the courage to face and conquer their own individual issues.

I prayed for your enlightenment. May all beings benefit!

I prayed for your enlightenment. May all beings benefit!

Thanks! I need all the prayers I can get!!

This is a prayer said daily by the Dalai Lama and the kind of prayer I love to say:

Precept Dedication Prayer
by Shantideva, revised by His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama

May all beings everywhere,
Plagued by sufferings of body and mind,
Obtain an ocean of happiness and joy
By virtue of my merits.
May no living creature suffer,
Commit evil or ever fall ill.
May no one be afraid or belittled,
With a mind weighed down by depression.

May the blind see forms,
And the deaf hear sounds.
May those whose bodies are worn with toil
Be restored on finding repose.

May the naked find clothing,
The hungry find food.
May the thirsty find water
And delicious drinks.

May the poor find wealth,
Those weak with sorrow find joy.
May the forlorn find hope,
Constant happiness and prosperity.

May there be timely rains
And bountiful harvests.
May all medicines be effective
And wholesome prayers bear fruit.

May all who are sick and ill
Quickly be freed from their ailments.
Whatever diseases there are in the world,
May they never occur again.

May the frightened cease to be afraid
And those bound be freed.
May the powerless find power
And may people think of benefiting each other.

Forum List

Back