Astros move to American League

Problem is.....Texas now has two American League teams

15 in each league - cool.

Never made sense to move the Brewers to the National League

'zackly, if they needed 15, they shoulda put the Brewers back.

It's partly a geographical thing too though. They needed a move in the west/southwest of the country.

It's kind of funny, during the season I casually mentioned the Astros moving to the AL West would make sense. Never thought it would actually happen.

If they really needed to even it out to 15 teams for each league,

I'd rather that they moved KC to the AL West

and switch Milwaukee back to the AL Central...

in all their 40+ years of existence, the Astros have been an NL team and Houston has been an NL city...

it sucks even more that their doing this in order to facilitate interleague play, which I've never liked...

and I hate the prospect of even more 5-game post-season series... I believe all post-season series should be 7-game affairs...

If they really needed to even it out to 15 teams for each league,

I'd rather that they moved KC to the AL West

and switch Milwaukee back to the AL Central...

in all their 40+ years of existence, the Astros have been an NL team and Houston has been an NL city...

it sucks even more that their doing this in order to facilitate interleague play, which I've never liked...

and I hate the prospect of even more 5-game post-season series... I believe all post-season series should be 7-game affairs...

scratch my previous druthers...

after having given it further thought, I'd rather Milwaukee stay in the NL... I gotta admit, it makes more sense for them to be an NL city... with the tradition started by the Braves...

and, while I don't much give a flying f*** about Kansas City (except for the Chiefs), I think they should stay put in the AL Central...

here's what I'd really like, and what seems to make the most sense in so many ways:

move Houston from the NL Central to the NL West

and move the Colorado Rockies from the NL West to the AL West...

Denver has always seemed more like an AL city to me... for any number of reasons...

and, with Denver in the AL West, Seattle would seem so much less isolated...

the changed divisions would be:

NL Central:
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Chicago
Milwaukee
St. Louis

NL West:
Houston
Arizona (Phoenix)
San Diego
Los Angeles
San Francisco

AL West:
Texas (Dallas)
Colorado (Denver)
Seattle
Oakland
Los Angeles (Anaheim)

Last edited:
Well shit if they had done that this season the Twins would have only be the SECOND worst team in the AL. Maybe we would have only lost 93 games!

Forum List

Back