Astronomers have found the biggest black hole ever measured — it's 40 billion times the sun’s mass

How unfortunate that the Hari Krishna Global Warming Cult had to try to derail a threat on real science
How can it be real science without lab work? Do you mean the majority of scientists would have to agree on certain ideas for it to be real science?

You're flailing, mostly because you never learned the scientific method. Worse, your lack of a fundamental scientific education is causing you to completely misunderstand what I've said.

You lost this "argument" and are reduced to chanting your Cult slogans.

No, there's nothing "settled"
Ah. So it's not settled black holes exist?
I don't even know what a black hole is. I don't want to Google it and get faced with a lot of terminology I don't understand.
What is a black hole, in Old Lady speak?
A black hole is the end result of a massive star exhausting its nuclear fuel. The star is in a balance between radiation- the heat it gives off, and gravitation, the mass wanting to collapse on itself. When a really big star burns out, gravity overwhelms everything else and the star collapses down so massive that not even light can escape it, hence black hole. Most of atoms that make up everything including the Sun are mostly empty space. That space disappears in the black hole

I don't even know what a black hole is. I don't want to Google it and get faced with a lot of terminology I don't understand.

A black hole happens when gravity becomes so immense and concentrated that it becomes a sustained force that nothing can escape. There is still a lot about them that we don't understand. So far the only way we know of that causes this to happen is the death of extremely large stars. A star can only maintain fusion and fight off gravity for so long due to limited fuel. Inevitably gravity wins the battle and as that incomprehensibly large amount of gravity crushes down on the star that can no longer fight it it can create a black hole. Personally I think there are probably other forces in the universe that can be responsible for the creation of black holes but that isn't proven. I wonder if the chaos and violence of the big bang didn't give birth to some of these giant black holes.

A black hole is the end result of a massive star exhausting its nuclear fuel. The star is in a balance between radiation- the heat it gives off, and gravitation, the mass wanting to collapse on itself. When a really big star burns out, gravity overwhelms everything else and the star collapses down so massive that not even light can escape it, hence black hole. Most of atoms that make up everything including the Sun are mostly empty space. That space disappears in the black hole
Depositphotos_21607817_original.jpg

I guess I shouldn't have asked. But I sincerely appreciate the effort.

A black hole happens when gravity becomes so immense and concentrated that it becomes a sustained force that nothing can escape. There is still a lot about them that we don't understand. So far the only way we know of that causes this to happen is the death of extremely large stars. A star can only maintain fusion and fight off gravity for so long due to limited fuel. Inevitably gravity wins the battle and as that incomprehensibly large amount of gravity crushes down on the star that can no longer fight it it can create a black hole. Personally I think there are probably other forces in the universe that can be responsible for the creation of black holes but that isn't proven. I wonder if the chaos and violence of the big bang didn't give birth to some of these giant black holes.
That was a little more understandable. Thank you, too.

Fake science. It's never been done in a lab, can't exist.

Yawn.

Just because raising CO2 from 280 to 400 PPM can't raise temperature does not negate all experiments. Hard for you to understand that it's your theory that failed and not the lab

3iptvn.jpg

No no, it's not an intuitive concept! Most of what we see as real is mostly empty space, me you the desk the computer, it's all made of things that are mostly empty space. As the force of gravity increases that space starts to compress. In a neutron star, which would have been a black hole if it were more massive, the electron in the atoms get squeezed into the atomic nucleus. So a neutron star is incredible dense, a teaspoon of it would weigh about 10,000,000 tons on Earth! Most of the space has been squeezed out, the only space that remains is the space between the neutrons themselves. If the star was more massive, the space between the neutrons gets eliminated and the star collapses into a black hole

That was a little more understandable. Thank you, too.

Everything in the universe is in a struggle with gravity. The more mass a thing has the more gravity pushes back on it, and that immense push against immensely large matter is what draws things in and creates phenomena like orbit. The universe pushing against the mass of our Earth is what allows us to stick to it and fly satellites around it. The universe pushing against our sun is what allows Earth to orbit around it. When a giant star suddenly stops producing the fusion that allows it to fight off the gravity that is pushing against its incredible mass it collapses violently. That gravity is still there, but the matter can no longer fight it. That incredible displacement of force is what causes supernovas and sometimes black holes. I don't know if I explained that in a way that makes it easier. I tried. haha

No no, it's not an intuitive concept! Most of what we see as real is mostly empty space, me you the desk the computer, it's all made of things that are mostly empty space. As the force of gravity increases that space starts to compress. In a neutron star, which would have been a black hole if it were more massive, the electron in the atoms get squeezed into the atomic nucleus. So a neutron star is incredible dense, a teaspoon of it would weigh about 10,000,000 tons on Earth! Most of the space has been squeezed out, the only space that remains is the space between the neutrons themselves. If the star was more massive, the space between the neutrons gets eliminated and the star collapses into a black hole
But it isn't a black "hole," at all, is it? If one were to run into it, it would be like running into a stone wall, yes? No space between the atoms?
So in time will all our cosmos be a giant black hole, as the stars one by one stop burning?

But it isn't a black "hole," at all, is it? If one were to run into it, it would be like running into a stone wall, yes? No space between the atoms?
So in time will all our cosmos be a giant black hole, as the stars one by one stop burning?

It's a little more intense that that.

Einstein theorized that mass curves space and also slows time. Much like the solidness of our stuff we don't usually think of time and space as flexible. So, the closer you approach a black hole, the weirder things get: time will slow to almost nothing and as you approach a black hole, it will look like you went through a spaghetti maker and be all stretched out

Forum List

Back