Astrologer Sues NASA Over Comet Mission

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
MOSCOW - NASA's mission that sent a space probe smashing into a comet raised more than cosmic dust — it also brought a lawsuit from a Russian astrologer.

Marina Bai has sued the U.S. space agency, claiming the Deep Impact probe that punched a crater into the comet Tempel 1 late Sunday "ruins the natural balance of forces in the universe," the newspaper Izvestia reported Tuesday. A Moscow court has postponed hearings on the case until late July, the paper said.

Scientists say the crash did not significantly alter the comet's orbit around the sun and said the experiment does not pose any danger to Earth.

The probe's comet crash sent up a cloud of debris that scientists hope to examine to learn how the solar system was formed.

Bai is seeking damages totaling $300 million — the approximate equivalent of the mission's cost — for her "moral sufferings," Izvestia said, citing her lawyer Alexander Molokhov. She earlier told the paper that the experiment would "deform her horoscope."

NASA representatives in Russia could not be reached for comment on the case.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050705/ap_on_fe_st/russia_comet_case

-Cp said:
MOSCOW - NASA's mission that sent a space probe smashing into a comet raised more than cosmic dust — it also brought a lawsuit from a Russian astrologer.

Marina Bai has sued the U.S. space agency, claiming the Deep Impact probe that punched a crater into the comet Tempel 1 late Sunday "ruins the natural balance of forces in the universe," the newspaper Izvestia reported Tuesday. A Moscow court has postponed hearings on the case until late July, the paper said.

Scientists say the crash did not significantly alter the comet's orbit around the sun and said the experiment does not pose any danger to Earth.

The probe's comet crash sent up a cloud of debris that scientists hope to examine to learn how the solar system was formed.

Bai is seeking damages totaling $300 million — the approximate equivalent of the mission's cost — for her "moral sufferings," Izvestia said, citing her lawyer Alexander Molokhov. She earlier told the paper that the experiment would "deform her horoscope."

She is :duh3:

-Cp said:

I hope she can work out a class action deal----I think my aura got a bit dented too!! :laugh:

dilloduck said:
I hope she can work out a class action deal----I think my aura got a bit dented too!! :laugh:

considering the way most class action suits turn out, you'd probably get a coupon for $1 off on your next horoscope reading while the attorneys for the litigant would make millions.....

I just got notified that Time Warner (my ISP) just settled on a class action law suit. The outcome, I'd get a discount on a cable modem, if I decided to buy one. My brother told me that he was notified of a settlement of a class action suit against Apple concerning iPods, he got a coupon in the mail that he can use to deduct $1 from his next purchase of an iPod (which will probably be in about 3 years or so, if he buys another one at all!).

Law Suits?
HUH!! God Good Y'all!!!!
What are they good for?
Absolutely NOTHIN'!
Say it again! Yeah!!!!

Litigation...Compensation...Who wants to PAY?"
---KarlMarx

KarlMarx said:
considering the way most class action suits turn out, you'd probably get a coupon for $1 off on your next horoscope reading while the attorneys for the litigant would make millions.....

I just got notified that Time Warner (my ISP) just settled on a class action law suit. The outcome, I'd get a discount on a cable modem, if I decided to buy one. My brother told me that he was notified of a settlement of a class action suit against Apple concerning iPods, he got a coupon in the mail that he can use to deduct $1 from his next purchase of an iPod (which will probably be in about 3 years or so, if he buys another one at all!).

Law Suits?
HUH!! God Good Y'all!!!!
What are they good for?
Absolutely NOTHIN'!
Say it again! Yeah!!!!

Litigation...Compensation...Who wants to PAY?"
---KarlMarx

Screw with my fantasy will ya ????
I'll go BE her damn attorney--(any american can be one in Russia can't they?)

holy christ! talk about having nothing better to do.
Bai is seeking damages totaling $300 million — the approximate equivalent of the mission's cost — for her "moral sufferings," Izvestia said, citing her lawyer Alexander Molokhov. She earlier told the paper that the experiment would "deform her horoscope.
are you shitting me?

thank you for sharing this information.the As a staff for daily fish online .so i belive in nasa nasa astrology is correct for in our earth .our scientist very diificult in our world.so .I really happy to read your post.

New Topics

Forum List

Back